5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing "Wi-Fi connected, no internet" issues

fireman2498

Reaction score
Ram Cares has stated that AT&T has suspended Wi-Fi internet service through the end of the year to fix the issue, however mine is still working as of today.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We are sorry about the experience and inconvenience that this may caused you. Our team is currently working on a software update for this issue with the Wi-Fi. The update should be releasing soon. There are no date provided at the moment, but we will make the announcement once it has been released to us. In the mean time, please feel free to look at the bulletin on this.

William
Ram Cares

Tellsch

Reaction score
That's great!! Hoping the Android auto enhancement is full screen!

Will the update files be available for download and manual install or just over the air?

janger1957

Reaction score
I found the solution to the hotspot problem. I had to purchase and download the new navigation maps update, and that took care of all the problems with hotspot connections. My Ram dealer informed me of this fix

azzx

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We are sorry about the experience and inconvenience that this may caused you. Our team is currently working on a software update for this issue with the Wi-Fi. The update should be releasing soon. There are no date provided at the moment, but we will make the announcement once it has been released to us. In the mean time, please feel free to look at the bulletin on this.

William
Ram Cares

View attachment 147833
View attachment 147834
Will this update be OTA or have to go to the dealer?

theRamguy

Reaction score
Update received. Testing now to see if anything pops out

tfitz44

Reaction score
In that bulletin, it states that it is for those with the 12” screen. Does anyone know if this or any other recent update fixed the WiFi problem for those of us that have the 8.4” with NAV? My WiFi hotspot stopped working last summer. Sure would be nice to have it back again.

RamCares

Reaction score
In that bulletin, it states that it is for those with the 12” screen. Does anyone know if this or any other recent update fixed the WiFi problem for those of us that have the 8.4” with NAV? My WiFi hotspot stopped working last summer. Sure would be nice to have it back again.
Hi tfitz44,

I can help check this for you! Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and current software level, and I can search from there.

Steph
Ram Cares
I Updated to 40.1 - still no WIFI

Hi azzx,

I'm sorry the Wi-Fi isn't back up for you after the update. We'd like the opportunity to take a look into this for you via PM with your vehicle information.

Steph
Ram Cares

eFlick

Reaction score
Depending on your system, it could be an OTA or flash update.

William
Ram Cares

Any update on this? I'm planning a road trip and the WiFi keeps the kids quiet on the longer days. I was at the dealer last month and they said there were no new updates.

2020 Ram 1500 Uconnect 4c 12"

RamCares

Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm planning a road trip and the WiFi keeps the kids quiet on the longer days. I was at the dealer last month and they said there were no new updates.

2020 Ram 1500 Uconnect 4c 12"

Hi eFLick,

Please send our team a PM with your VIN and a screenshot of your current software level so we can search for any available updates for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

vinne96

Reaction score
bought a 2020 2500 in late 20. in may/jun 2021 first long road trip 18+ hours and the wifi started to discount users after about an hour and then after 2 hrs could not connect to wifi again. had to wait for the system to completely shut down and reset 30 min to a complete day before i could reconnect. this happened on the return trip as well. since i only used the wifi for the road trip i didnt get to the dealer. next year 2022 it did the same thing. this time first available dealer opening i got it in. dealer said they did a software update and it was fixed. as of that i have only used the wifi once on a short trip about 2hrs and have not noticed the issue. i will be unable to do a long trip before the factory warranty runs out to a completely test it out. i have noticed that after the software update my android uConnect app now only updates the vehicle info once a month.

TBK

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues. Since I upgraded my maps my kids have been complaining about no internet, I finally checked it out and my 8.4 2019 no longer has WiFi, and I can't change the wifi setting in the setup. How do I fix this? I've been paying for internet for months and I guess it hasn't been working. I feel a bit ripped off for that, I'm paying for the unlimited plan for my kids.

TBK

Reaction score
Looks like a soft reset solved my issue
I'm having similar issues. Since I upgraded my maps my kids have been complaining about no internet, I finally checked it out and my 8.4 2019 no longer has WiFi, and I can't change the wifi setting in the setup. How do I fix this? I've been paying for internet for months and I guess it hasn't been working. I feel a bit ripped off for that, I'm paying for the unlimited plan for my kids.
Looks like a soft reset again solved my problem. Fingers crossed it keeps working.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I gave up on the wifi issue long ago, went with getting my kid a 5G tablet... problem solved. Screw this BS. I played hte stupid AT&T game way too long, almost a year before I told them to shove it, got all my subscription money back. And since after 3 radios and many OTA updates had messed up those radios, not about to try anything that messes up my current radio which works like it should, finally.

RTRAMNV

Reaction score
TSB: 08-234-22 GROUP 08 Electrical was issued by Stellantis on 12/16/2022 but it appears the actual software update may have not yet gone out to us. The glaring omission is that RAM 1500's are not included as affected vehicles but it specifically notes that "This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a Uconnect 4C Nav With 8.4” Display radio (Sales Codes UAV or UCV)." So I don't know where I stand because my 2019 1500 is clearly affected with the WiFi issue. It also is looking like it might not be AT&T and is actually on Stellantis who is now finally dealing with this flawed software. At least I hope.

Attachments

• MC-10229819-9999.pdf
    348.3 KB · Views: 28

stronbl

Reaction score
In the category for: What's it's worth ... (FYI - I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 12in system).

I too was having issues with wifi; sometimes it worked fine other times wouldn't connect to devices although it showed as on. What was frustrating was it seemed to connect at initial truck startup but when I turned the truck off, and then later restarted, for example, go to the grocery store, no wifi although it showed it was running but none of our devices could connect.

I noticed that whenever I got the RAM and Sirius XM logo on Uconnect startup, wifi worked and devices connected properly. When I just got the 12 in screen (no logos) on startup, wifi appeared to be on, but no devices could connect. I was trying to figure out how to get the logo screen each time I started the truck (still don't know how). I thought maybe just reboot the system.

Fast forward - we were on a trip across AZ on I-10 and stopped at a rest area. Prior to stopping the wifi was working fine. Upon restart, no wifi connection. So I did a reboot of the Uconnect by pressing and holding the volume and tuner knobs for about 30 seconds as per manual. Sure enough the system rebooted and I got the RAM and Sirius logs and after it restarted, I also got wifi and our devices all reconnected.

It now seems like the wifi works 95-98% of the time even on restart of the truck. I guess I may have received the update mentioned above at some point and the reboot of the system initialized it but I am really only guessing at this point. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread