5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing "Wi-Fi connected, no internet" issues

LV426

Reaction score
So it seems that this issue is on a continuing basis now, I've had it come and go in the past but now it’s become more prevalent... Figured I’d start this thread in case others have the same issue.

To be clear the trucks SSID is broadcasting, devices are able to connect, but device reports "no internet".

A battery disconnect seems to clear it, then it goes out a few days later. Its pissing me off, I pay 20 bucks a month for At&t in the truck, not sure what changed as I haven’t modded or added anything to the trucks electrical system. My devices work fine as soon as I switch over to one of my cell phones hotspot (as a backup) and my At&t account is fine, I completely blame the trucks system as of now.

Id like to know if others have had this start recently or if anyone found a cause/solution as I dread having to eventually take it to the dealer.

*Wanted to add few more details to this.
1. The trucks wifi has full signal and does not have the "no signal symbol" for its cellular connection.
2. The special Sirius XM stations that are online (channel 736 for example) are also working so the truck is getting its cellular signal and its working.

Last edited:

FatGuyStranglur

Reaction score
This happens to me on occasion with my 2021 Laramie, but I just hold down the power button for about 15-20 seconds to reboot the head unit and it fixes it. I haven't had to do it in a while. To be fair, I have to do it on my wife's 21 Pacifica as well, and it has the newest uconnect 5 OS.

LV426

Reaction score
This happens to me on occasion with my 2021 Laramie, but I just hold down the power button for about 15-20 seconds to reboot the head unit and it fixes it. I haven't had to do it in a while. To be fair, I have to do it on my wife's 21 Pacifica as well, and it has the newest uconnect 5 OS.
My 2020 version of the Uconnect 12" does not have any reset functionality. Yes, I've tried every suggested method that I could find online & nothing works. Only reset that works is a battery disconnect at this point.

I've inquired about this before and always get mixed answers, I'd like to see video of someone actually successfully resetting their 12" Uconnect but have yet to see one...

daze513

Reaction score
My 2020 version of the Uconnect 12" does not have any reset functionality. Yes, I've tried every suggested method that I could find online & nothing works. Only reset that works is a battery disconnect at this point.

I've inquired about this before and always get mixed answers, I'd like to see video of someone actually successfully resetting their 12" Uconnect but have yet to see one...
Same thing here. I’ve just started hot spotting to my phone rather than pulling the battery so often. And I have not successfully reset the radio using any method of buttons, On a 2020 bighorn.

Would love proper instructions on the process. Maybe have to leave the door open, or have the truck in ACC? No idea

LV426

Reaction score
There simply is no reset/restart/reboot that I can confirm that actually "restarts" my 2020 12" Uconnect, like your phone, tablet or every other freaking electronic device that exists these days.... I still cant comprehend how this radio lacks this in design but that's another subject.

I still have no working hotspot, yet the truck is getting its signal because Online search works for the Navigation as well as the special XM channels that use an internet connection.

JimmyDean

Reaction score
I just spent 30mins on the phone with AT&T about this. I first hit the Assist button in the truck and they told me to call AT&T. Almost a month without internet connection- my 5yo is angry. Apparently the Ucorrect system was bought by a company called Selantis (think thats what I heard on the phone). So Selantis has not communicated their updates to AT&T. I was told it was many consumers not just me. I paid for the whole year and AT&T just gave me a 2 month extension and said they will call me back in 48hours. I’ll update.
the AT&T number I called 866-595-1330

LV426

Reaction score
I 100% do not believe this is an At&t problem... I disconnected the battery again this weekend, let it sit for an hour and reconnected. Tried it a few hours later and the trucks hotspot is back to working...

Its Uconnect as usual, for whatever reason the truck is getting its signal, allowing a connection but does not provide network data to hotspot connected devices (SiriusXM & Navigation online searches do work) and a battery reset seems to temporarily clear it. I dread having to let the dealer attempt to resolve this.

FatGuyStranglur

Reaction score
On my 2021 Laramie with the 12", all I've had to do to fix it is hold down the power button for about 15-20 seconds which reboots the head unit. It turns off, Ram screen comes up, and takes about 30 seconds to fully boot up.

Most of the time when I've encountered this issue, it seems to happen when I leave the truck running and exit without the key, though that could be coincidence.

LV426

Reaction score
On my 2021 Laramie with the 12", all I've had to do to fix it is hold down the power button for about 15-20 seconds which reboots the head unit. It turns off, Ram screen comes up, and takes about 30 seconds to fully boot up.

Most of the time when I've encountered this issue, it seems to happen when I leave the truck running and exit without the key, though that could be coincidence.
Yeah, for whatever unexplainable reason my UAX 12" in the 2020 does not reset. I'm almost tempted to post a video of my attempts with the suggested "reset" procedures but it would be be a waste of my time... trust me, it doesn't reset...

I would love a technical explanation of this also, been after one since I purchased this truck last year.

Last edited:

bpatrick

Reaction score
I just spent 30mins on the phone with AT&T about this. I first hit the Assist button in the truck and they told me to call AT&T. Almost a month without internet connection- my 5yo is angry. Apparently the Ucorrect system was bought by a company called Selantis (think thats what I heard on the phone). So Selantis has not communicated their updates to AT&T. I was told it was many consumers not just me. I paid for the whole year and AT&T just gave me a 2 month extension and said they will call me back in 48hours. I’ll update.
the AT&T number I called 866-595-1330
I called AT&T and got the same answer. I guess that some Chrysler, Dodge & Ram products are working and some do not. AT&T said that Selantis should have the issue resoled by the end of May 2022. In the meantime they gave me 3 months free which they said was because this started back in Dec and are not charging me until fixed. Some say that removing the Radio Fuse F44 in the internal fuse box under the steering wheel (instead of constantly disconnecting the battery) has resolved the issue but I have not tried that yet.

LV426

Reaction score
First, thank you JimmyDean for supplying the number to call, I just took care of this with ATT, was credited for 3 months and they claim I wont be charged until the issue is resolved.

It pisses me off however that At&t or Ram/Stellantis/Uconnect didn't inform us of the issue to begin with... Just kept billing me away like no big deal. As usual, garbage support and service from Stellantis...
My biggest relief is I don't have to go to the dealer now.

Also, per ATT the issue is on Stellantis's end.

I've stated before in my complaints about this system that if they don't properly keep it up to date, it will get out of sync with other aspects of the system that are updated (Nav, SiriusXM, >>>ATT<<<) and problems will arise... here is the proof.

Last edited:

palmese85

Reaction score
Yes in same boat as the rest of you. I called Uconnect. They are waiting on updates to solve this issue. I believe att is not to blame. But I’m not paying for the next 4 months because of this. Att granted that I hope it’s fixed soon. If anyone get some info on when the update will post. Pleas let’s us know.

Billy2j

Reaction score
Phones connected to Uconnect Hotspot but no internet, map screen mic search inoperable, add this to my XMGuardian services that do not work and this system is slowly becoming useless.

I tried shutting off power to radio and restarting the radio and the internet service was restored to the connected phones. Thank you FatGuyStranglur.

Last edited:

Dragon62

Reaction score
Mines has been on-off-on-off for 6-7 months now. No fix in sight. The new company that took over for ATT said its an software issue and it will be corrected in time. I paid in full back in Jan and have had a few good days. Onstar never get this kind of BS service. I want a refund and a 'bone' or all the extra connected services are done!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have this exact problem on my 2019 all of a sudden. Has been working since August 2019 and in the last month or two devices can connect to the Ram but no internet. I have active AT&T service in the truck. Other wifi services in the truck work fine (radio search, wifi stations etc) but no devices like iPads are served internet.

I am not willing to try the manual USB SW update, but I will discon the battery and try that reset. I have never been able to use the power button to restart the radio but will try again.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ramguy- Thanks for posting. I was able to update my radio and restore my AT&T internet connection.

Hunterrj

Reaction score
just my experience... I have spent time with AT&T on the phone. They told me to go to dealership. After all the "soft reset" procedures failed, I disconnected the battery and did a "hard reset." BOOM... that resolved the problem and internet now connects. This has happened a few times over the past 8 months but my internet has been solid for about 3 or 4 months now. Unfortunately disconnecting one of the battery terminals for about 30 seconds was the only solution that works for me. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread