5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing "Wi-Fi connected, no internet" issues

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I just did this today on my truck, only time will tell if it works for me.
Mine only screwed up maybe once every three or four months.
Thanks to theRamguy.
Tom

Jon44ma

Reaction score
Just spoke to AT&T… unresolved issue on Uconnect 2021 and below. Issue with Panasonic head units. Waiting on manufacturer to fix

esta1701

Reaction score
I just did this update to my radio and it fixed the channel skipping when using the left steering wheel buttons. Thanks Ramguy for posting!

MI Built to Serve

Reaction score
I just did this update to my radio and it fixed the channel skipping when using the left steering wheel buttons. Thanks Ramguy for posting!

So it seems that this issue is on a continuing basis now, I've had it come and go in the past but now it’s become more prevalent... Figured I’d start this thread in case others have the same issue.

To be clear the trucks SSID is broadcasting, devices are able to connect, but device reports "no internet".

A battery disconnect seems to clear it, then it goes out a few days later. Its pissing me off, I pay 20 bucks a month for At&t in the truck, not sure what changed as I haven’t modded or added anything to the trucks electrical system. My devices work fine as soon as I switch over to one of my cell phones hotspot (as a backup) and my At&t account is fine, I completely blame the trucks system as of now.

Id like to know if others have had this start recently or if anyone found a cause/solution as I dread having to eventually take it to the dealer.

*Wanted to add few more details to this.
1. The trucks wifi has full signal and does not have the "no signal symbol" for its cellular connection.
2. The special Sirius XM stations that are online (channel 736 for example) are also working so the truck is getting its cellular signal and its working.
I tried to buy a month of WiFi when vacationing in northern Michigan. The AT&T rep told me that I couldn't buy a subscription because there was an issue between AT&T and Stellantis, and WiFi hasn't been available since November 2012 (?). 'sounded like a financial issue...

INVISBLE

Reaction score
The problem is on the ATT side here is why I say this...

You can go to your account through your radio via the hotspot using your phone. It allows you to log on, check your info and all that. Its passing data back and forth, it actually will show it in the data usage line they provide you. This is all occurring on their servers. But that's where it ends, ATT isnt letting you go any further than that. I was confirmed this by an ATT rep friend. They a firewalling Stellantis customers from accessing the internet because of a contract issue that occurred as a result of the merger in which they want to renegotiate the terms, which is BS. And there is your stalemate. Some work, mostly some dont. It's all a bunch of BS and we are stuck with it.

tdager

Reaction score
I was told by ATT that this *should* be resolved by the end of this month, whatever the root cause is.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I hope you are right and it is fixed by the end of the month. A battery discon reset fixed it for one start then it was back to not working. It continues to connect to the internet for custom user stations only. No devices can get internet access but get connected to the RAM. So effing annoying.

kantonman

Reaction score
2019 Ram limited owner, WIFI has been out several weeks now. "Connected NO Internet " called ATT and she shared that Selantis bought Uconnect and is still working on sending out updates to "1st generation Ram Trucks Vin beginning in "1" refunded me $200 and gave me three month extension. Also took me off "Auto renewal ".

dfrie519

Reaction score
Hi All,

Same issue here, called uConnect/AT&T, told that it was a Mopar issue involving their new manufacturer (Stallantis), reach out to Mopar, to be told that it is an AT&T issue; at which time, I checked online and found this board. As a result, I reached out to the Attorney General's Office in Illinois about this, seeing that it is a consumer affair that involves a technical specification, that could potentially harm the vehicles resale value (should one want to trade-in or sell).

The Attorney General's office reached out on my behalf, to both AT&T and Mopar (Stellantis). AT&T made a quick response, with phone calls coming in from their head office. AT&T genuinely wants to resolve the issue, but their hands are tied until Mopar (Stellantis) pushes though a new firmware update to fix the issue. Mopar (Stellantis) on the other hand, replied back to the Attorney General's office, again implying that this issue is an AT&T issue. I countered immediately, and advised that they are trying to shift blame, for their depreciation of their product and pushing through a firmware update that is incompatible with the in-cab Wi-Fi, and that AT&T has actually done all in their power to help (including refunding $200).

As of today, I did receive a final reply from the Attorney General's office, which enclosed was Mopar (Stellantis) final reply, which was 'we have documented the issue and have forwarded it to our Product Development Team'. As for the IL Attorney General's Office, they advised that unless similar cases come in, that the matter is closed but that I can pursue this on a civil level through counsel and/or small claims court.

So, at this point, the issue I am having is not necessarily that my Wi-Fi doesn't work (although, yes, it is bothersome); but rather that Mopar (Stellantis) dropped the ball, without trying to take an ounce of responsibility, and (potentially unknowingly) caused a technical defect to my vehicle, which may lead to a depreciation in overall value. I strongly suggest submitting a claim to the Attorney General's office in your state about this (because we did purchase a vehicle for certain listed amenities, some of which no longer work).

e55amg2

Reaction score
I've found that you have to turn off the hotspot before shutting the truck down, otherwise you get the Wifi but no internet issue. I've been able to repeat this, ie it's working fine as long as you make sure to turn off the hotspot before shutting the truck off. It's annoying, but a work-around until they solve the issue.

janger1957

Reaction score
I've been working with AT&T and they have issued me a case # in which to track our Ram Truck "no internet connection". They offered me a full refund from last 2 months that I paid without internet connection. They also offered me free data until May 2023. Their telephone number is 866-595-1330.

janger1957

Reaction score
I've found that you have to turn off the hotspot before shutting the truck down, otherwise you get the Wifi but no internet issue. I've been able to repeat this, ie it's working fine as long as you make sure to turn off the hotspot before shutting the truck off. It's annoying, but a work-around until they solve the issue.
W

janger1957

Reaction score
When I start my truck and try connecting to WI-FI HOT SPOT, is says no internet connection "low data mode" I then tried turned off the hotspot and restarting the truck, turn on WI-FI HOT SPOT and same results. I run a RAM 2021 Rebel 12x screen.

fireman2498

Reaction score
Having the same issue and AT&T offered the same to me. Refund last two months and extended my service until May 2023 at no charge. They did state that it was a Manufacture issue that needs to be resolved in their end.

tdager

Reaction score
I called and cancelled mine the other day, got a full refund. They stated they are aware and it *should* be fixed by the end of the year. Yeah, yeah, I will happily turn it back on when they DO actually have it fixed.

fireman2498

Reaction score
I called and cancelled mine the other day, got a full refund. They stated they are aware and it *should* be fixed by the end of the year. Yeah, yeah, I will happily turn it back on when they DO actually have it fixed.
Out of curiosity who told you it would be fixed by the end of the year? AT&T, Uconnect or Stellantis?

Users who are viewing this thread