5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing "Wi-Fi connected, no internet" issues

RTRAMNV

Reaction score
In the category for: What's it's worth ... (FYI - I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 12in system).

I too was having issues with wifi; sometimes it worked fine other times wouldn't connect to devices although it showed as on. What was frustrating was it seemed to connect at initial truck startup but when I turned the truck off, and then later restarted, for example, go to the grocery store, no wifi although it showed it was running but none of our devices could connect.

I noticed that whenever I got the RAM and Sirius XM logo on Uconnect startup, wifi worked and devices connected properly. When I just got the 12 in screen (no logos) on startup, wifi appeared to be on, but no devices could connect. I was trying to figure out how to get the logo screen each time I started the truck (still don't know how). I thought maybe just reboot the system.

Fast forward - we were on a trip across AZ on I-10 and stopped at a rest area. Prior to stopping the wifi was working fine. Upon restart, no wifi connection. So I did a reboot of the Uconnect by pressing and holding the volume and tuner knobs for about 30 seconds as per manual. Sure enough the system rebooted and I got the RAM and Sirius logs and after it restarted, I also got wifi and our devices all reconnected.

It now seems like the wifi works 95-98% of the time even on restart of the truck. I guess I may have received the update mentioned above at some point and the reboot of the system initialized it but I am really only guessing at this point. :rolleyes:
The sporadic service was where it started with me and it was primarily as you described with it working after the truck had been off for awhile but not after a brief shutdown to get gas or go into a store. People had posted some workarounds but none of those worked for me. Certainly seemed like a software issue to me. Then a little over a year ago it stopped working altogether. I could connect but there was no service. About a month later, AT&T cancelled my plan, which I was about to do anyway. In the months following, the AT&T website said my particular vehicle didn't support their WiFi service. At that point I wasn't sure if it was Stellantis/RAM software or the rumoured contract dispute between them and AT&T. But other Stellantis models remained fully WiFi functional, so the contract dispute speculation seemed less likely. I just now got back onto AT&T and magically, my truck is now again WiFi ready. So maybe this has finally been remedied!

tsc74

Reaction score
I uploaded my VIN for by 2021 BTS in the AT&T MyVehicle website and it said.....

In-car Wi-Fi hotspot service is currently unavailable for your vehicle.​

It worked just fine when I bought it new in April 2021. Still no go for over a year and I'm still running hotspot off my phone to keep the kiddos in good spirits. I've done the two finger reboot and still NO GO.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I uploaded my VIN for by 2021 BTS in the AT&T MyVehicle website and it said.....

It worked just fine when I bought it new in April 2021. Still no go for over a year and I'm still running hotspot off my phone to keep the kiddos in good spirits. I've done the two finger reboot and still NO GO.
Hi tsc74,

You're welcome to send our team a PM with your VIN for further assistance. We can take a look into your vehicle information for available options to restore the hotspot feature.

Steph
Ram Cares

stronbl

Reaction score

You may need to call AT&T vehicle people and give them your IMEI umber from the radio. I had my radio replaced a while back (~ a year ago) and I had to give my IMEI number since it was different from the one associated with my VIN. They took it and a few minutes later it was working. Just a thought ...

Chetsd6119

Reaction score
Bought my 2020 Limited w/12" screen UConnect system. "No Internet" a constant problem. Navigation won't search for any addresses or locations because of this issue. AT&T said it was a RAM issue and RAM says it's an AT&T issue. In the meantime, I have nothing... I'd really appreciate having a working system once and for all... Only have 38,000 miles and I really love my RAM EXCEPT FOR THIS PROBLEM... Can anyone help me out with this issue?

timbo1083

Reaction score
Bought my 2020 Limited w/12" screen UConnect system. "No Internet" a constant problem. Navigation won't search for any addresses or locations because of this issue. AT&T said it was a RAM issue and RAM says it's an AT&T issue. In the meantime, I have nothing... I'd really appreciate having a working system once and for all... Only have 38,000 miles and I really love my RAM EXCEPT FOR THIS PROBLEM... Can anyone help me out with this issue?
I have the same issue and I don't believe it will get resolved anytime soon. I honestly have now forgotten about it and moved on. They are definitely both blaming each other and neither really care. I don't imagine the number of people that would pay to subscribe outside maybe some fleet services to be that many people it would turn a big enough profit to warrant more involvement. I upgraded to UC5 and resigned to having no hotspot.

e55amg2

Reaction score
The only way I was able to work around this issue was to make sure to shut the hotspot off before powering down the truck. When I left the hotspot running, and powered down, it would have the "connected without internet" issues on my devices. I had to switch off the hotspot, shut the truck off, then lock/unlock from outside, then start the truck and then the hotspot. 100% of the time this worked (for me). As long as I remembered to turn off the hotspot, I never ran into the issue again. This was on SW 39.7.

ATT cancelled my hotspot out of the blue on Monday morning, and now my truck shows as "no longer eligible", even after an update to 40.1....same issue.

LV426

Reaction score
I just canceled the service with Att and they also credited me 4 months back for the non working service. Blows my mind that they cant get this **** to work properly...

e55amg2

Reaction score
Haven't bothered to try calling ATT yet to see if they'll fix it. I'm leaning towards skipping, as the hotspot was not particularly fast when it worked.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I just canceled the service with Att and they also credited me 4 months back for the non working service. Blows my mind that they cant get this **** to work properly...
I canceled mine also. Only "regret" I have is no more Pandora radio which I really enjoyed. But I am so done with AT&T as a company. I have a 50GB per month hotspot included with my new T-Mobile service to replace the car wifi and I can still bluetooth stream Pandora through my phone if I want. So AT&T can pound sand in my case.

RTRAMNV

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We are sorry about the experience and inconvenience that this may caused you. Our team is currently working on a software update for this issue with the Wi-Fi. The update should be releasing soon. There are no date provided at the moment, but we will make the announcement once it has been released to us. In the mean time, please feel free to look at the bulletin on this.

William
Ram Cares

View attachment 147833
View attachment 147834
I have 2019 RAM 1500 DT 8.4" screen and I've heard there's a software 1000001564.jpg 1000001565.jpg update that will solve my WiFi connectivity issue, how can I get it? When I check the uconnect site with my VIN it says I'm up to date.

rconiv

Reaction score
I installed PR40.1 which fixed my Wi-Fi issue, and it could just be timing, but now when I play music from my iPhone 15se since the update any type of base in the music has some major static. Music on the radio seems fine.

Last edited:

hessclark

Reaction score
I had this issue for years. The 40.1 update helped it become more reliable but it still has issues sometimes. HOWEVER, the greatest part about 40.1 is that is allows you to do a hard restart of the radio now. Just hold down on the power button, count to 20, release, and it will restart the entire Uconnect system and your wi-fi will start working again. You can even restart it while you are driving and it will take a minute to reboot and then you are good to go.

cgutek

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online