5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! How are you searching cars.com for them? I dont think the color or trim is an option.....

Cars.com has a Keyword Search option (see attachment). Just go to their site, select New 2020 Ram 1500 from their homepage, then in the Keyword Search type "Ceramic Gray". Make sure you select "Match All" from the dropdown menu.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 09.29.35.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 09.29.35.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 76

SBRam

Reaction score
When I found the BTS I got I was so excited I never realized it was a Long Bed. I had to go measure my garage to make sure it would fit. According to what I measured and what was listed on the specs I had about 6 (ish) inches total of wiggle room in my garage length wise. The folding mirror button helps it fit width wise too. I was worried I was pushing it with the long bed and asked the dealer (friend) if they had a short bed in Ceramic Gray. He said no (they did have a twin to my truck arriving later that someone had put a deposit down). Two days after I get my truck I see the shortbed version of my truck going to a different local dealer... lol. I'm happy with the long bed. It fits fine. Only bad thing is I have to keep the garage door open to allow the passenger (side) to get out.

Oh this is my first half ton truck.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know there's the monster MSRP thread in the other forum, but I was hoping to get a consensus of you all who have purchased BTS Rams how you've fared in terms of discounts? To keep it simple, if you wouldn't mind sharing your discounted price from MSRP (so incentives/rebates and any dealer discount) before tax/title/license/etc.

Twice now this week I've come across and inquired about some decently discounted BTS trucks only to have the dealers come back and say "oh no, that was a mistake. Because they're limited editions we're only offering manufacturer rebates and no dealer discount." Makes me mad that they don't check pricing before the trucks hit the internet!

The Critic

Reaction score
I know there's the monster MSRP thread in the other forum, but I was hoping to get a consensus of you all who have purchased BTS Rams how you've fared in terms of discounts? To keep it simple, if you wouldn't mind sharing your discounted price from MSRP (so incentives/rebates and any dealer discount) before tax/title/license/etc.

Twice now this week I've come across and inquired about some decently discounted BTS trucks only to have the dealer come back and say "oh no, that was a mistake. Because they're limited editions we're only offering manufacturer rebates and no dealer discount." Makes me mad that they don't check pricing before the trucks hit the internet!

Same discount as a regular Bighorn.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same discount as a regular Bighorn.

That's how the trucks that I inquired about were originally priced. Definitely in line with the other Big Horns at the dealers. Then once you inquire to make a deal it's a whole different story. The kicker is the original prices were so good, there would have been no need for negotiation...would have accepted the price on the spot.

The Critic

Reaction score
That's how the trucks that I inquired about were originally priced. Definitely in line with the other Big Horns at the dealers. Then once you ask it's a whole different story.

The deal has been signed and finalized on the one I mentioned to you. It was the $13k off msrp.

The Critic

Reaction score
Yep, that's about the discount these trucks had...originally. Only to be cut by more than half.

That may have been the case at some dealers, but not the case at the dealer that I have been working with. Do you need a referral?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That may have been the case at some dealers, but not the case at the dealer that I have been working with. Do you need a referral?

I appreciate that, but unfortunately that dealer doesn't have any incoming BTS trucks that really match what I'm looking for. And I doubt there will be any dealer trades happening on these trucks.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Twice now this week I've come across and inquired about some decently discounted BTS trucks only to have the dealers come back and say "oh no, that was a mistake. Because they're limited editions we're only offering manufacturer rebates and no dealer discount." Makes me mad that they don't check pricing before the trucks hit the internet!

Look on page 2 or 3 of this thread. We answered this question in more detail.

The short version of mine is 59.6 MSRP - discounted to 49.5.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look on page 2 or 3 of this thread. We answered this question in more detail.

The short version of mine is 59.6 MSRP - discounted to 49.5.

Yes, thank you. But there have been more members who have just recently purchased so I was hoping to get their input as well.

JCebula

Reaction score
only had it a week, but mods on the way. It does have the 3.92s and the 33 gallon. Pretty loaded. My dealer got 2 and they sold the same day they arrived. Corsa exhaust, then 35s on whatever inch lift looks right. And getting rid of the plastic uca's.

Attachments

• 20200803_190805.jpg
    20200803_190805.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 20200803_185831.jpg
    20200803_185831.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 20200725_193652.jpg
    20200725_193652.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 261
  • 20200725_193620.jpg
    20200725_193620.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 20200725_193936.jpg
    20200725_193936.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 20200727_203554.jpg
    20200727_203554.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 20200724_090530.jpg
    20200724_090530.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 252

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. You have the Corsa exhaust, or is that what you plan on going with ?

naszero

Reaction score

I was curious as well. I'm in SoCal so I know the market is a bit wonky here. I sent a few emails about a ceramic grey BTS and none of the dealerships had a timeline when they were getting any in. I got an e-mail today from a local dealer that they got word a ceramic BTS was coming in next week. MSRP is $54,535, and the dealer said NO discounts other than rebates :(.

After reading the MSRP thread, I was kind of bummed. Maybe they will be more motivated once I set foot in the door :rolleyes:

dinomufin

Reaction score
Picked it up Saturday. We had passed on a big horn night edition because the interest rate was pathetic for how good our credit is.

Casually checked their website for new inventory 3 weeks later and saw this one. It's too gorgeous to pass up.

12 inch uconnect. Hemi. Off road group. LED lighting. 3.92 gears. 2 tone blue and black interior. Love it.

Attachments

• 20200801_220803.jpg
    20200801_220803.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 169

naszero

Reaction score
Picked it up Saturday. We had passed on a big horn night edition because the interest rate was pathetic for how good our credit is.

Casually checked their website for new inventory 3 weeks later and saw this one. It's too gorgeous to pass up.

12 inch uconnect. Hemi. Off road group. LED lighting. 3.92 gears. 2 tone blue and black interior. Love it.

Congrats. That's everything I was looking for. Just curious, how are credit options better on the BTS compared to a regular Big Horn?

badpewterz

Reaction score
I was curious as well. I'm in SoCal so I know the market is a bit wonky here. I sent a few emails about a ceramic grey BTS and none of the dealerships had a timeline when they were getting any in. I got an e-mail today from a local dealer that they got word a ceramic BTS was coming in next week. MSRP is $54,535, and the dealer said NO discounts other than rebates :(.

After reading the MSRP thread, I was kind of bummed. Maybe they will be more motivated once I set foot in the door :rolleyes:
i got all the rebates and my fca discount and dealer discounted too. they treated it like any other bighorn
rate in RI were great. personally if a dealer wont budge other than rebates on what these trucks stand for i wouldnt deal with them for gouging what honors our service men and women.

naszero

Reaction score
i got all the rebates and my fca discount and dealer discounted too. they treated it like any other bighorn
rate in RI were great. personally if a dealer wont budge other than rebates on what these trucks stand for i wouldnt deal with them for gouging what honors our service men and women.

I wholeheartedly agree, however, it seems like all of the local Southern California dealerships are doing the same. The market here is robust enough where even in this pandemic, truck dealerships can present buyers with MSRP prices and tell us take it or leave it.

Toyota Tacoma's are being sold at MSRP and some cases $3,000 market up.

I would try and buy from another state but California DMV makes the process a large enough hassle that its not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread