5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

badpewterz

Reaction score
^^^ I'm biased but great color choice. Options?
Bighorn lv1.
3.92 gears
Remote start
5.7l
Same way I would built it lol.
Replacing my blue streak pearl 18 express quad cab so a nice step up!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Color is what got me with the black accents I had to have it lol. I wasn't even looking a week ago

That's pretty much how I was with mine. Put eyes on it and knew I wanted it. The grey is pretty sweet! I'm ready to see the white ones.

kellyday

Reaction score
Questions for the group. I special ordered my Built To Serve truck and it was delivered today. :)

Question 1: I thought my new truck would sit slightly higher than my previously 2019 4X4 Rebel because of the lift that it comes with as part of the package. However, it actually feels like it sits lower than my previous truck. Can someone provide me feedback on this and if this is correct, what would you recommend to get the new truck to sit higher? (Bigger wheels or a lift kit etc)

Question 2: There is no lockable center storage in my truck. I thought all BTS had this feature. Instead I have a bench seat that folds up to create a center console. Is this a manufacturers oversight or did I have to order that?

Thanks,

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_1628.jpeg
    IMG_1628.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_5062.jpeg
    IMG_5062.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_5209.jpeg
    IMG_5209.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 276

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Questions for the group. I special ordered my Built To Serve truck and it was delivered today. :)

Question 1: I thought my new truck would sit slightly higher than my previously 2019 4X4 Rebel because of the lift that it comes with as part of the package. However, it actually feels like it sits lower than my previous truck. Can someone provide me feedback on this and if this is correct, what would you recommend to get the new truck to sit higher? (Bigger wheels or a lift kit etc)

Question 2: There is no lockable center storage in my truck. I thought all BTS had this feature. Instead I have a bench seat that folds up to create a center console. Is this a manufacturers oversight or did I have to order that?

Thanks,

Ray
You need the bucket seats for the lock box. I don’t know where they put one on a bench. But you can lock the rear floor storage with a tuffy

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks,

Ray

1) I believe the Built to Serves come with the Off-Road Group built into the package. At least all of the main components are, so I'd imagine the Off-Road Group springs do as well (thus the increased ride height. The Rebels have taller tires I believe?

2) The lockable storage is only available with the front bucket seats w/ full console, not the 40/20/40 bench seating.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends on how much higher you want this to be then your 2019 was. You can add a lift, spacers, springs and or new shocks. What it comes down to is how will the truck be used and how much you want to spend to achieve that feeling. :)

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
Can you build a "Built To Serve" edition online? Or only with a dealer?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
The only thing I do not really like on these trucks are the black bumpers. Black bumpers are associated with the cheaper trucks like the tradesman. The Rebel has the black bumpers also but that looks a little better with the Rebel grill I guess.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I do not really like on these trucks are the black bumpers. Black bumpers are associated with the cheaper trucks like the tradesman. The Rebel has the black bumpers also but that looks a little better with the Rebel grill I guess.

It is a Tradesman front end. Same grill insert and everything. I don't mind it. I actually like the grill better than the regular Big Horn and Laramie grills.

kellyday

Reaction score
Depends on how much higher you want this to be then your 2019 was. You can add a lift, spacers, springs and or new shocks. What it comes down to is how will the truck be used and how much you want to spend to achieve that feeling. :)
I would like it slightly hire than my stock 2019 Ram Rebel. I am not sure if it was the stock tires that made it sit higher because my new truck has more of a street tire and the rebel had offroad.

kellyday

Reaction score
You need the bucket seats for the lock box. I don’t know where they put one on a bench. But you can lock the rear floor storage with a tuffy
I called tuffy and lock'er down to compare. I really want it be in the center console for faster access. Lock'er down said they will consider manufacturing one. So, it seems like it is currently not an option. :(

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Rebel comes with 33s and ours is a 32.

I'm also skeptical that we have the true ORP. It says we do but I just measured from the center of the wheel to my fender and got 22".

This is from Readylift

EE2751A4-CA38-448A-AEBA-3CD5DE32641E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread