5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow tat sucks, here in NJ we shop everywhere and I do mean everywhere State wise looking for the best deal.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree, however, it seems like all of the local Southern California dealerships are doing the same. The market here is robust enough where even in this pandemic, truck dealerships can present buyers with MSRP prices and tell us take it or leave it.

Toyota Tacoma's are being sold at MSRP and some cases $3,000 market up.

I would try and buy from another state but California DMV makes the process a large enough hassle that its not worth it.
I got mine in so cal for 23% off msrp otd

badpewterz

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree, however, it seems like all of the local Southern California dealerships are doing the same. The market here is robust enough where even in this pandemic, truck dealerships can present buyers with MSRP prices and tell us take it or leave it.

I would try and buy from another state but California DMV makes the process a large enough hassle that its not worth it.
i still cant believe the 5-10k over msrp for the tellurides to be honest and glad we found my wifes barely under invoice in December
its insane that dealers are pulling these premiums right now . i had heard tacomas were tough to find too and they always been tough to get deals on they just plain sell no matter the price

naszero

Reaction score
I got mine in so cal for 23% off msrp otd

Was this within the last two months? None of the local dealerships have inventory, especially BTS trims, so they're jacking up the prices.

i still cant believe the 5-10k over msrp for the tellurides to be honest and glad we found my wifes barely under invoice in December
its insane that dealers are pulling these premiums right now . i had heard tacomas were tough to find too and they always been tough to get deals on they just plain sell no matter the price

The sweet spot was in March and April, when the the shutdowns were getting started. Manufacturers, even Toyota were offering huge rebates. It was the first time I had seen a $1750 rebate on a new year model Tacoma. With low inventory, and easy financing, these dealers are able to jack up the prices now.

My buddy is a fleet manager at a Toyota dealership and he can't keep well optioned Tacoma's in stock. They're being sold for MSRP or markup the same day their unloaded from the truck. With easy credit, he has also seen more customers upsell themselves into a better optioned truck, the base SR/SR5's are left over on the lot.

dinomufin

Reaction score
Congrats. That's everything I was looking for. Just curious, how are credit options better on the BTS compared to a regular Big Horn?
I don't think they got better because it's a BTS. I would have to guess it's because when they hit me with a crazy rate on the first truck (it was over 7%) I disappeared for 3 weeks.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Was this within the last two months? None of the local dealerships have inventory, especially BTS trims, so they're jacking up the prices.

The sweet spot was in March and April, when the the shutdowns were getting started. Manufacturers, even Toyota were offering huge rebates. It was the first time I had seen a $1750 rebate on a new year model Tacoma. With low inventory, and easy financing, these dealers are able to jack up the prices now.

My buddy is a fleet manager at a Toyota dealership and he can't keep well optioned Tacoma's in stock. They're being sold for MSRP or markup the same day their unloaded from the truck. With easy credit, he has also seen more customers upsell themselves into a better optioned truck, the base SR/SR5's are left over on the lot.
This was in the end of may

badpewterz

Reaction score
Makes sense. Unfortunately, the market is completely different now in SoCal, even from the end of May. I don't think anyone is giving a dealer discount on BTS's at the moment.
cant hurt to check and see if your company is listed. mine was invoice plus and extra 1%. it may help ontop of rebates if the dealer wont budge

forgot to add: dont forget to check all names your company could be under. ( like here stop and shop is under ahold) so if your company is owned by a bigger company per say

then put the code into the front page and sign up
hope this might help

JCebula

Reaction score
^^^. You have the Corsa exhaust, or is that what you plan on going with ?
Thats my plan, I don't need the resi delete as my truck just has a straight pipe where it would usually go.

PicRR

Reaction score
The trucks look great, guys. You have a lot more selection in the US than north of the border. Up here, they can't even tell buyers if any other colours (ya, with a "u", lol) will be available. The grey and blue versions look fantastic! We pretty much have to see what comes in. As you can see, got the Gator. It looks a lot better in the flesh than in the photos so went with it when I saw it. We have either gator or black, that's it. Loving' the truck so far.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious as well. I'm in SoCal so I know the market is a bit wonky here. I sent a few emails about a ceramic grey BTS and none of the dealerships had a timeline when they were getting any in. I got an e-mail today from a local dealer that they got word a ceramic BTS was coming in next week. MSRP is $54,535, and the dealer said NO discounts other than rebates :(.

After reading the MSRP thread, I was kind of bummed. Maybe they will be more motivated once I set foot in the door :rolleyes:

I’m on California’s Central Coast and just completed the deal on a Ceramic Gray BTS in Colorado. None of the other dealers I was communicating with would offer a dealer discount on the BTS trucks...
California, Arizona, Idaho. Full MSRP with only rebates applied.

Found one in Colorado that had everything I was looking for and already had a dealer discount listed on the website. Emailed them about it and they increased their dealer discount by almost a grand...no fuss whatsoever. MSRP was $57,560, price before taxes was $45,560. $5,500 dealer discount and $6,500 in rebates. Could have had another $500 in rebates but didn’t finance through Chrysler.

For $12k off, I’ll deal with the DMV inconvenience once I get it here.

naszero

Reaction score
I’m on California’s Central Coast and just completed the deal on a Ceramic Gray BTS in Colorado. None of the other dealers I was communicating with would offer a dealer discount on the BTS trucks...
California, Arizona, Idaho. Full MSRP with only rebates applied.

Found one in Colorado that had everything I was looking for and already had a dealer discount listed on the website. Emailed them about it and they increased their dealer discount by almost a grand...no fuss whatsoever. MSRP was $57,560, price before taxes was $45,560. $5,500 dealer discount and $6,500 in rebates. Could have had another $500 in rebates but didn’t finance through Chrysler.

For $12k off, I’ll deal with the DMV inconvenience once I get it here.
Congrats on the new truck! I'm envious. I'm also thinking about going out of state, but I heard on several other forums that California needs a wet signature, and the DMV process after that is a nightmare. I remember it was a hassle when I brought my car back from Virginia.

I believe they assess a use tax and require a smog verification. Stupid that they require one for a new vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! I'm envious. I'm also thinking about going out of state, but I heard on several other forums that California needs a wet signature, and the DMV process after that is a nightmare. I remember it was a hassle when I brought my car back from Virginia.

I believe they assess a use tax and require a smog verification. Stupid that they require one for a new vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah California definitely doesn’t make it easy. But if you go into the process prepared and with a good understanding of what needs to be completed, hopefully it won’t be too bad.

Boykin2

Reaction score
No problem! Always happy to help. I came up with my own system to conduct a nationwide search using Ram's website. I went into Google Maps and created individual 150 mile radius circles and just covered the map in them. Then, looking at the center of the circles, I found the closest town and then looked up it's zip code. With the exception of a few instances, the circles don't overlap, and I made sure that any area of the US that wasn't within a circle wasn't a major metropolitan area (if it was, I created a new circle, thus some circles overlap). Anyway, long story short, I created an excel file with all the zip codes that I search (see attached). So basically, all you have to do is input each zip code (51 total) into the Ram's Inventory Search, and in essence, there's your nationwide search.

So all you have to do is plug in the various zip codes in the Ram website Inventory Search, set the search radius to 150 miles, then set all of the various search parameters for the options you're looking for. You can break it down by selecting the color, cab, Built-to-Serve edition, etc. You'll get some duplicates, as when I set up the system, some of the search areas did overlap, but it gives you a decent idea of what's out there.

Call me crazy, this is just my way of doing things haha

Thank you for sharing. Felt like I was on a snipe hunt or when I had to “register a round” the first time I got to yank the lanyard on a 198 artillery while with 10th Marines. Unfortunately a Ceramic gray with rambox is not to be found....

BGC

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any official patches for the BTS to apply to the Velcro on the seats? I am not a veteran so have nothing authentic wot a personal patch of any sort (thanks to those who
Do!) but curious what others have used if they bought patches that fit or look cool.

Thanks

The Critic

Reaction score

Just helped a buddy of mine purchase a 2020 BTS from Hoblit Ram in Woodland, CA. $6k dealer discount, $7k in rebates. Truck was picked up about a week ago. Keep an eye on their website.

4wdDanny

Reaction score
Just picked this up last week, 2020 BTS Patriot Blue
27a4f1c333508d2f29d8ae182dc00904.jpg
0d2a528bdad44be533b6f1027d591ec2.jpg
2f2ed6743f44e2e6e3a78fcf88fca7c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread