5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweetwillyj

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any official patches for the BTS to apply to the Velcro on the seats? I am not a veteran so have nothing authentic wot a personal patch of any sort (thanks to those who
Do!) but curious what others have used if they bought patches that fit or look cool.

Thanks
I have several morale patches that are pro veteran and I didn’t serve. I have 1 that says “my dad served in Vietnam and I’m proud of him” and another that says “support our veterans” and it has the symbol for all 5 branches and the pow/mia symbol. Any patriotic or organization could work, even a funny patch or ”back the blue” or a hunting/gun culture. I bet no one will take any points away from you if leave them empty. Lol

BGC

Reaction score
I have several morale patches that are pro veteran and I didn’t serve. I have 1 that says “my dad served in Vietnam and I’m proud of him” and another that says “support our veterans” and it has the symbol for all 5 branches and the pow/mia symbol. Any patriotic or organization could work, even a funny patch or ”back the blue” or a hunting/gun culture. I bet no one will take any points away from you if leave them empty. Lol
Thanks for the reply and ideas. You know how the Ram life can be....always have the itch to add something new!

Cliff0620

Reaction score
Picked up my BTS last month, nothing much done to it. Did a 2in leveling kit and added 18in method wheels. Thinking of adding a
light bar next and changing up the fog lights. Anyone out there done any light bar mods on the BTS Editions?

3101c41dd163640f1d2d7b7d04d8ea88.plist

33f44c38e1e10e4b30752a54b01d734e.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetwillyj

Reaction score
Picked up my BTS last month, nothing much done to it. Did a 2in leveling kit and added 18in method wheels. Thinking of adding a
light bar next and changing up the fog lights. Anyone out there done any light bar mods on the BTS Editions?

3101c41dd163640f1d2d7b7d04d8ea88.plist

33f44c38e1e10e4b30752a54b01d734e.plist

May I ask, what 2in leveling kit did you go with and who installed? Mopar? Dealer? Or aftermarket?

Cliff0620

Reaction score
Went with motofab lifts 2in spacer leveling kit. Installation was done at my buddies shop.

Boykin2

Reaction score
Picked up my Patriot Blue yesterday. 280 miles in 1sr day and really happy with it. This morning I noticed the plastic Hemi badge on drivers side of hood was loose. I could have pulled it all the way off easily. Bent tabs a little and snapped it back in but still not really tight.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
My dealer claimed they didn't even know it was coming. It just showed up one day. There are similar reports across this website. It's weird to me how different our trucks are. Mine is loaded to the gills with every option available to the big horn and then there are others who don't have many options at all.

Per your sig, you have a lot of options but you are missing several too (33-gallon, MFT, air suspension, rear cross path detection and others etc.), so not “every option available to the big horn.” Just don’t want people getting confused if the look at your sig and think that’s all the options available.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Per your sig, you have a lot of options but you are missing several too (33-gallon, MFT, air suspension, rear cross path detection and others etc.), so not “every option available to the big horn.” Just don’t want people getting confused if the look at your sig and think that’s all the options available.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not trying to be a source of what's available for the big horn. I was simply pointing out that I have one of the most optioned BTS models we've seen and I've been surprised that others aren't exactly like it. I just assumed when I bought it that all of the BTS would have the same options. Not range from level 1 to 2 and even have one with a bench seat for examples.

Regardless, I have everything but the air suspension and the mft. I have the 33 gallon tank and trailer brake controller. I think we all have blind spot monitoring and cross path detection on these trucks? I've yet to see an air suspension on a BTS.

Here's my window sticker.

94E712FE-D889-4A0E-9542-C46CD20E2BC8.jpeg

Reactions: BGC

badpewterz

Reaction score
I think you're missing my point. I'm not trying to be a source of what's available for the big horn. I was simply pointing out that I have one of the most optioned BTS models we've seen and I've been surprised that others aren't exactly like it. I just assumed when I bought it that all of the BTS would have the same options. Not range from level 1 to 2 and even have one with a bench seat for examples.

Regardless, I have everything but the air suspension and the mft. I have the 33 gallon tank and trailer brake controller. I think we all have blind spot monitoring and cross path detection on these trucks? I've yet to see an air suspension on a BTS.

View attachment 65468
No blind spot/cross path for me. But I'm on level 1 too

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

In my search for a BTS, I saw the same as you, particularly in the California region, of BTS trucks not being well equipped. Pretty much bare-bones without any of the popular options...33 gal. fuel tank, sunroof, blind spot monitoring, trailer brake controller (or tow group), etc.

That’s the precise reason I began looking out of state. I narrowed it down to three trucks...two identical trucks in Arizona and Idaho and the truck I ended up with in Colorado. All were similarly equipped, the only difference being the two in Arizona and Idaho did have the air suspension.

All of them had the Level 2 Big Horn Package, Bed Utility Group, Sunroof, Trailer Brake Controller, Rear Wheelhouse Liners, Rear Underseat Storage, 12” Radio, 33-gal tank, 3.92 axle ratio, and blind spot monitoring.

In all of my searching, I didn’t locate a single Ceramic Gray with the RamBox and/or MFT. I wasn’t looking for those options, so it didn’t affect me, but it was surprising.

nwalk4

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with getting deals over 20%? Seems like I’m stuck with this offer:
$55,495 MSRP
$44,307 (including freight since its included in MSRP)
Shows right at 20.17% off, trying to see how I can squeeze another 2% out....any thoughts?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with getting deals over 20%? Seems like I’m stuck with this offer:
$55,495 MSRP
Shows right at 20.17% off, trying to see how I can squeeze another 2% out....any thoughts?

I just got a little over 21% off mine (before taxes). $57,560 MSRP for $45,560. In the current market, I think the best you will be able to do is 20-22% off. I’m in California, and most dealers wouldn’t budge from MSRP on the BTS trucks...they’d only apply manufacturer rebates, no dealer discount.

Boykin2

Reaction score
I
In my search for a BTS, I saw the same as you, particularly in the California region, of BTS trucks not being well equipped. Pretty much bare-bones without any of the popular options...33 gal. fuel tank, sunroof, blind spot monitoring, trailer brake controller (or tow group), etc.

That’s the precise reason I began looking out of state. I narrowed it down to three trucks...two identical trucks in Arizona and Idaho and the truck I ended up with in Colorado. All were similarly equipped, the only difference being the two in Arizona and Idaho did have the air suspension.

All of them had the Level 2 Big Horn Package, Bed Utility Group, Sunroof, Trailer Brake Controller, Rear Wheelhouse Liners, Rear Underseat Storage, 12” Radio, 33-gal tank, 3.92 axle ratio, and blind spot monitoring.

In all of my searching, I didn’t locate a single Ceramic Gray with the RamBox and/or MFT. I wasn’t looking for those options, so it didn’t affect me, but it was surprising.
I was looking for a gray w/rambox and I do not believe there is one anywhere, so far at least. I would have loved 4 corner air suspension and found 4 that had it along with the rest of my wants. All 4 had bench seat. I saw one or two around the $66k range that seemed to pretty much have every box checked including tonneau cover, mft and others

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

View attachment 65468

I wasn't missing your point just pointing out you didn't have "every option available to the Bighorn". So you clarified a few items your sig didn't list but as you acknowledge, you're missing the Multi-Function Tailgate and the Air Suspension, 4-Corner. I agree your's is well optioned but people say "fully loaded" or "every option" and when they don't it's confusing for others. Not trying to come off rude or anything just pointing that out. As for the Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection, it's an option and not standard on Bighorn/Lonestar. The Built-to-Serve edition is a limited edition (1,000 built per color...2 colors for each branch of the service) but has options just like any trim level so there will be bare-bones versions and mid-optioned versions and well-optioned versions like your's. I have seen 3-4 with Air Suspension. You can order a Built-to-Serve Ram and option however you like. Each service gets one common color and one unique color so the Army got Black (common) and Gator (unique). Navy gets Patriot Blue (common) and Ceramic Gray (unique). It appears the Air Force will have Billet Silver (common) and Anvil (unique), the Marines will get Flame Red (common) and Tank (unique) and the Coast Guard will get Bright White (common) and Spitfire (unique).

SBRam

Reaction score
Marine here and I went with the "Navy" color Ceramic Gray. I figure the Navy is the USMC taxi service so may as well honor them with my color choice:cool:. I need some crayons now...

I never saw what the Tank color looked like.

I saw this on the interwebs....

Gator (1,000 units) and Diamond Black (1,000)
Ceramic Gray (1,000) and Patriot Blue (1,000)
Anvil (1,000) and Billet Silver (1,000)
Tank (1,000) and Flame Red (1,000)
Spitfire (500) and Bright White (500)

The reported source was FCA.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I
$55,495 MSRP
got mine 45k otd msrp was 55k pretty much

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Marine here and I went with the "Navy" color Ceramic Gray. I figure the Navy is the USMC taxi service so may as well honor them with my color choice:cool:. I need some crayons now...

I never saw what the Tank color looked like.

I saw this on the interwebs....

Gator (1,000 units) and Diamond Black (1,000)
Ceramic Gray (1,000) and Patriot Blue (1,000)
Anvil (1,000) and Billet Silver (1,000)
Tank (1,000) and Flame Red (1,000)
Spitfire (500) and Bright White (500)

The reported source was FCA.
I would like to see what the Anvil color is as I expect it will be some kind of blue.

Users who are viewing this thread