5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News on a tune?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I've often wondered how dealers feel about somebody walking in and asking for a PCM copy. It probably throws red flags.
It’s not really any of their business. You could be the type of person that wants one spare of everything just in case you get stranded. Who are they to tell you you can’t do that?

Rhombus

Reaction score

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7-10% fuel economy gain would be sweet.
On another forum they said 45hp and 80ft
Lbs of torque.

305hp and 560ft.lbs of torque sounds pretty sweet! Anxiously awaiting reviews once it's released.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7-10% fuel economy gain would be sweet.
On another forum they said 45hp and 80ft
Lbs of torque.

305hp and 560ft.lbs of torque sounds pretty sweet! Anxiously awaiting reviews once it's released.

I saw the post on the other site you reference. It sounds like the ECM has to be sent to GDE initially but that future updates would be done through the handheld unit they use for the transmission tune?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe so. GDE has a bit of info on their website but no power figures yet. Can't wait to see the dyno charts.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw the post on the other site you reference. It sounds like the ECM has to be sent to GDE initially but that future updates would be done through the handheld unit they use for the transmission tune?
I think I would Just drive out to them on my 3 day weekend. I can't go a week with the truck down because of shipping.
It would be a chance to compare the MPG out and back between the two tunes. I also get to use my new Comma 3
Self- driving box for the RAM.

Malodave

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I'm planning. I'm in central Ontario Canada. It's about 6 hours to them. Can't imagine the tune takes too long.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I'm planning. I'm in central Ontario Canada. It's about 6 hours to them. Can't imagine the tune takes too long.

I’m in southern Texas…will use the excuse to my wife that we need to see the in-laws who are 30 minutes north of Green Diesel. I’ll simply tell her I need to run an errand while she’s visiting with family…they’ll never miss me and will be the best part of the trip for me! 😉

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m in southern Texas…will use the excuse to my wife that we need to see the in-laws who are 30 minutes north of Green Diesel. I’ll simply tell her I need to run an errand while she’s visiting with family…they’ll never miss me and will be the best part of the trip for me!
Haha that would be a bit of hike. A lot of miles to test the fuel economy claims though.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, this looks good.

Of course, I just spent some spare cash on new rims and rubber, so...guess that means I'll have to find MORE to pay for this once it's out...

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im debating lol im still under warranty but then again warranty is **** …

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at 42,000km out of my 100,000km warranty. Not sure if I'll be able to wait for the warranty to be up if this tune is as good as the numbers say.

From my research everybody that has GDE tunes in the past seems very happy.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still think best option would be to buy an ECU and have it cloned. Then you aren't without your truck EVER, you don't have to make a 6 hour drive, and you get the tune along with a backup stock ECU just in case there are issues.

Reactions: c3k

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
I still think best option would be to buy an ECU and have it cloned. Then you aren't without your truck EVER, you don't have to make a 6 hour drive, and you get the tune along with a backup stock ECU just in case there are issues.

Can a spare ECU from another Same gen Ecodiesel work ?

Or has to be clone of your vehicle (eg VIN etc) - done/cloned at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you going to get the gladiator tuned?

Users who are viewing this thread