5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News on a tune?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Just order the derringer turner. w/o the Pedal Monster though. So hope without that it is still worth it.

From what I’ve seen on 2nd gen EDs and the few reports on 3rd gen it will be a huge improvement. The pedal tuners just give it a little more.

DaveLink

Reaction score
My local diesel shop is offering GDP HP Tuner ($1200) but did not talk about any program per se, just more of you can go do your own damage by changing everything. Also have units from PSI Power ($408) and aFe Scorcher ($457). The latter 2 have listed gains in the 45 HP and 100 ft-lb range. thoroughbreddiesel.com if interested in looking.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My local diesel shop is offering GDP HP Tuner ($1200) but did not talk about any program per se, just more of you can go do your own damage by changing everything. Also have units from PSI Power ($408) and aFe Scorcher ($457). The latter 2 have listed gains in the 45 HP and 100 ft-lb range. thouroughbreddiesel.com if interested in looking.

That Website address is up for Sale for $1500. So it was probably a Scam anyway.
I will still wait for a GDE Tune.

Malodave

Rhombus

Reaction score
No problem, mistakes happen. Honestly, I was more chagrined by the other’s assumption it was a scam just because of a spelling mistake. I haven’t researched either of the tunes you mentioned, but Thoroughbred is a good company.

Daverous

Reaction score
thoroughbred diesel is actually down the proverbial road from me. Solid business with a good track record. I, unfortunately, can't speak to the tunes offered. That's why I went with an egr cut off out of the north.

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
I spoke with Ecodiesel Canada yesterday. Stage 1 would offer +40whp and 70wtq. Banks seem to offer something similar for about the same price.

Anyone running the E.C. tune?

Daverous

Reaction score
Yes. See previous page for my first impressions. I'm still doing long term evaluating on it. All my statements from before hold true. Only thing I'm holding back on is mpg. So far I'm still averaging 24 to 26 highway. 20 to 22 mostly city.

Kroger

Reaction score
Yes. See previous page for my first impressions. I'm still doing long term evaluating on it. All my statements from before hold true. Only thing I'm holding back on is mpg. So far I'm still averaging 24 to 26 highway. 20 to 22 mostly city.
Looking forward to getting this from them or GDE. I would say a Rebel getting 24-26 highway is pretty good. I have a stock Laramie 4x4 3.21, off road and ramboxes and average around 26-27 highway.

The improved throttle response and EGR off would be worth it, all the other added benefits are a bonus!

datammwv13

Reaction score
Have over 4000 miles on Banks. See above post review. I leave in Monster inSports level 2 and Der. In level 3. Hand calc mpg avg 27.1

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Have over 4000 miles on Banks. See above post review. I leave in Monster inSports level 2 and Der. In level 3. Hand calc mpg avg 27.1

What was your MPG before? Would you buy again?

datammwv13

Reaction score
I had only ran 2 half tanks prior to install.one 27mpg & one 28mpg.

Yes I would get again. Glad I bought both pieces at once. That way all wiring at once. Fairly simple to install if you can turn a wrench. Didn't leave on full power long. Too much for my truck driving. If want that I just take out my 2021 HCRE.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do we want to start a list for those interested in a Group Buy
for the GDE tune for the DT Gen 3 when available? I would be on it.
They are still looking at this Fall.

Malodave

Last edited:

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Malodave
Can't wait to hear the results of their tune. Another 30-40hp and 60+ lb.ft of torque would be amazing.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Banks Derringer: looking at their website, there's nothing there about needing to use the Pedal Monster with it, yet both posters upstream who have the Derringer also have the Pedal Monster.

Is there a reason to do both Derringer and Pedal Monster? (I had thought that any throttle lag would've been resolved by just the Derringer.)

Kroger

Reaction score

Malodave
I would be all for that! Im not too far from the Greater Detroit area so plan on making a road trip up when its available instead of ordering an additional ECU and mailing in.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be all for that! Im not too far from the Greater Detroit area so plan on making a road trip up when its available instead of ordering an additional ECU and mailing in.
Even if i sent the ECU in with 2 Day Shipping each way, I would be down
for 7-10 days. I have my '08 Big Horn I could drive. But I think I would drive
the 12 Hours each way on my three day weekend. I may be heading out to
Kansas City, MO the second week of September, so that is an option too.

I could do a before and after Mileage comparison during the Trip. Got to
finish the 72 Gallon AUX fuel tank for the trip.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread