5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck in Shop

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I forget you used to work in a dealership and somehow forgot that the manufacturer supports selling of new cars with open recalls. Imagine selling a new car with a known safety recall.
It's no different than the tens of thousands that have been sold, driving around with it. Or the millions of cars on the road that don't even have cameras. It's for a camera, it's not like having defective brakes or steering. Thousands of people will never have the recall performed when they do figure out one.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's no different than the tens of thousands that have been sold, driving around with it. Or the millions of cars on the road that don't even have cameras. It's for a camera, it's not like having defective brakes or steering. Thousands of people will never have the recall performed when they do figure out one.
Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it wrong. Dealers take a huge penalty to sell a new vehicle with an open recall.

Just go ahead and do a quick Google search. It might hurt to see what is out there on the Google.

Last edited:

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Hopefully you are keeping a log with all your calls.
Could you call around to other dealers to see if they possibly have a fix?
Also research the lemon law a bit more. Although it is usually after 3-4 attempt but their may be another criteria about them keeping the truck for X number of days.

Some say to turn around and return the vehicle, but once the paperwork is signed, I don't know any dealer that would simply do an exchange for another vehicle.
If they did, they now have a "used" vehicle they would have to try and off load.

lewkas

Reaction score
Also research the lemon law a bit more. Although it is usually after 3-4 attempt but their may be another criteria about them keeping the truck for X number of days.

Some say to turn around and return the vehicle, but once the paperwork is signed, I don't know any dealer that would simply do an exchange for another vehicle.
If they did, they now have a "used" vehicle they would have to try and off load.
Yes I am keeping a log of everything. Been communicating to my sales guy through text but now he is not responding to me much anymore. But it's the only way I will communicate. The service department doesn't contact me at all... I just keep calling them and leave voicemail basically. So with the @RamCares case I have opened I've been keeping all of that communication logged as well.

I did call a dealer more local to me.. but never heard back from them. I think it's just a matter of them not wanting to deal with another dealers problems. I can understand that but I will definitely pursue it more if I'm not getting results soon.

And yes... there is no way a dealer is just going to take my request to return the vehicle after the paperwork is signed. That falls under buyers remorse... the dealer is well protected against that under their contracts. It's unfortunate this didn't show itself until my drive home... but the lemon law would be the way to go in this case.. and I am just hoping for the best at this point that I will get a call and they will say We got it! and to put it all behind me and that it doesn't come to that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Calling other dealers won't help any, because each dealer would need to do their own diagnostics on it. For warranty repairs, there are certain criteria/diagnostics that have to be performed to prove why you are requesting to replace the part you are wanting to replace.

RamCares

Reaction score
Yes I am keeping a log of everything. Been communicating to my sales guy through text but now he is not responding to me much anymore. But it's the only way I will communicate. The service department doesn't contact me at all... I just keep calling them and leave voicemail basically. So with the @RamCares case I have opened I've been keeping all of that communication logged as well.

I did call a dealer more local to me.. but never heard back from them. I think it's just a matter of them not wanting to deal with another dealers problems. I can understand that but I will definitely pursue it more if I'm not getting results soon.

And yes... there is no way a dealer is just going to take my request to return the vehicle after the paperwork is signed. That falls under buyers remorse... the dealer is well protected against that under their contracts. It's unfortunate this didn't show itself until my drive home... but the lemon law would be the way to go in this case.. and I am just hoping for the best at this point that I will get a call and they will say We got it! and to put it all behind me and that it doesn't come to that.

Hey Lewkas,

Thanks for tagging us in this. We're continuing to keep an eye on your case. Please let us know if you need anything additionally.

Callie
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer isn't trying very hard. Like you said, in their view they have your $$$ now it is your problem.

If @RamCares and/or the dealer don't get things moving by, say Thursday next week, if it were me it would be Lemon Law time. I would be calling a couple lawyers on Tues.
Thank you for tagging us in this. We've got our eyes on this case and are working alongside the case manager to get momentum moving. We appreciate your outreach!

Callie
Ram Cares

lewkas

Reaction score
Hey Lewkas,

Thanks for tagging us in this. We're continuing to keep an eye on your case. Please let us know if you need anything additionally.

Callie
Ram Cares
Thank you Callie @RamCares. I appreciate it. Do my emails to my case manager get entered into my case notes? Are you able to see my attempts at corresponding with him?

RamCares

Reaction score
Thank you Callie @RamCares. I appreciate it. Do my emails to my case manager get entered into my case notes? Are you able to see my attempts at corresponding with him?
Hi Lewkas,

Yes, your emails are documented in your case notes. We apologize for the delay in response, but we do see that you were contacted today and your case manager advised that your situation has been escalated to the area manager, and our team is awaiting a response. As soon as the next update is available, you will be contacted! We greatly appreciate your patience.

Lex
Ram Cares

lewkas

Reaction score
Well... my case got escalated to an Area Manager... who is now waiting on my dealer to contact them back. And since my dealer hasn't contacted me or my case manager... which is why it was escalated to the Area Manager in the first place... I see this going nowhere if a resolution hinges on my dealer and them contacting someone back.

I thought the Area Manager would have been the one who has some pull to take action...

I have lost confidence in getting my truck back any quicker than what my dealer and Stellanis can work through. I am at my dealers mercy.. and they are at the mercy of Stellanis.

I have also lost confidence in this truck (not Ram in general... just this truck) because even if I do get my truck back 100% fixed I can guarantee 1000% that if something else goes wrong with it.... my first reaction is going to be ohhhhh man another month at least in the shop.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have also lost confidence in this truck (not Ram in general... just this truck) because even if I do get my truck back 100% fixed I can guarantee 1000% that if something else goes wrong with it.... my first reaction is going to be ohhhhh man another month at least in the shop.
It's not the truck's fault that the dealer takes a month to get it fixed. I would call that losing faith in your dealer, not losing faith in your truck.

lewkas

Reaction score
It's not the truck's fault that the dealer takes a month to get it fixed. I would call that losing faith in your dealer, not losing faith in your truck.
I lost faith in the truck because the dealer is taking so long to fix it... in cooperation with Stallanis through their STAR case. If I do have to bring it back in for anything it won't be going back to this dealer regardless.. but I am scarred. I haven't owned the truck for more than a day to get to know it... how do I know it didn't roll off the line with multiple issues.

lewkas

Reaction score
Just an update - regained my faith in the truck. I finally got it back fixed from the dealer and took it on a 3 hour trip up to Lake George... no issues! Still don't know what the issue was because my advisor wasn't there when I picked it up.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an update - regained my faith in the truck. I finally got it back fixed from the dealer and took it on a 3 hour trip up to Lake George... no issues! Still don't know what the issue was because my advisor wasn't there when I picked it up.

Sorry, but didn’t they give you paperwork when you picked it up describing problem and fix?

lewkas

Reaction score
Sorry, but didn’t they give you paperwork when you picked it up describing problem and fix?
That is correct. Nothing. Said I'd get a call and everything emailed to me. Will have to go back for it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is correct. Nothing. Said I'd get a call and everything emailed to me. Will have to go back for it.

I think you will see alot more of this. Less and less actual paperwork. We are starting to go to a paperless system in our dealership. Emailing receipt/paper work vs printing it out.

lewkas

Reaction score
I think you will see alot more of this. Less and less actual paperwork. We are starting to go to a paperless system in our dealership. Emailing receipt/paper work vs printing it out.
Your probably right. They did say they would get it to me and I think it does come in through the service history on Mopar. But I am realllly anxious to see what the culprit was.

6of36

Reaction score
Your probably right. They did say they would get it to me and I think it does come in through the service history on Mopar. But I am realllly anxious to see what the culprit was.

As of a month or two ago, when I last went in for service, my dealer gives written paperwork. I would insist on it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of a month or two ago, when I last went in for service, my dealer gives written paperwork. I would insist on it.
Most still are. I live in Michigan and we are starting to transition to paperless to protect the consumer. I have a friend in Knoxville Tennessee that has gone paperless already. You will receive a text or email with a copy that you can have.

lewkas

Reaction score
Do you know about how long after I can probably expect to receive an email? I ask because this sounds like this is their process... but if I don't receive anything after a certain period of time I will have to go back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread