5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck in Shop

barrak

Reaction score
Just an update - regained my faith in the truck. I finally got it back fixed from the dealer and took it on a 3 hour trip up to Lake George... no issues! Still don't know what the issue was because my advisor wasn't there when I picked it up.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Glad it was finally fixed, and really curious to know the details of the shifter fix.

My Tazer equipped truck triggered a hijack mode once (user error) and locked up the shifter in D. One of the messages that came up included the need to service the drive system and the shifter (don't recall the exact wording).

Tazer had a reboot sequence option which cleared all error messages and freed the shifter.

Would've been nice if your service manager shared what they tried (and didn't work) as well, but it seems they were tight lipped during this lengthy ordeal.

lewkas

Reaction score
Glad it was finally fixed, and really curious to know the details of the shifter fix.

My Tazer equipped truck triggered a hijack mode once (user error) and locked up the shifter in D. One of the messages that came up included the need to service the drive system and the shifter (don't recall the exact wording).

Tazer had a reboot sequence option which cleared all error messages and freed the shifter.

Would've been nice if your service manager shared what they tried (and didn't work) as well, but it seems they were tight lipped during this lengthy ordeal.
Finally got them to produce an invoice. They claim they could not duplicate the Service Shifter issue... so the only thing they repaired was wiring to the PTS module... which fixed the Park Sense issue. So either they repaired the Service Shifter issue and didn't report it, or the PTS module somehow corrected the Service Shifter issue also. Anyway, 0 issues since getting it back.

barrak

Reaction score
Finally got them to produce an invoice. They claim they could not duplicate the Service Shifter issue... so the only thing they repaired was wiring to the PTS module... which fixed the Park Sense issue. So either they repaired the Service Shifter issue and didn't report it, or the PTS module somehow corrected the Service Shifter issue also. Anyway, 0 issues since getting it back.
Thanks for reporting back. They might have reflashed some control modules and got rid of whatever software gremlins were there.

frisby5

Reaction score
How are you liking the truck ? And what options do you have ?

lewkas

Reaction score
How are you liking the truck ? And what options do you have ?
Absolutely love it. It's a 23 Bighorn 5.7 eTorque, bright white Night Edition, level 2 package with panoramic sunroof. By far the nicest truck I've owned.

Last edited:

lewkas

Reaction score
Feel your pain man. Trust me. Week so far for me. Luckily I got a bare bones ram classic rental with the 3.6 LMFAO
Yep they basically gave me the same type of rental. It was better than a Corolla but not what I was looking forward to driving in my first month of ownership. That's a real nice looking ttruck. The tires look great on it

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man. It’s a rebel but now was told today no ETA on parts for it - all on back order so I’m in a rental long term for now. Not great but hey. At least I’m in a rental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online