5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Meant to add this in the previous post, SW Version 19.43.1A

Reaction score
/de-Lurk
Nothing yet for me.
Hardware ID - CNSC29NFGL
Soft Ver - 18.45.40
2020 Limited (don't recall build date, can go look)
And yes, have issues including no App remote start etc.
WL
\re-lurk

justlkn

Reaction score
No update for me yet dang it. I hope I get one because I do have issues with the current software.

Attachments

• 50694443-6D4B-4BF3-9C4C-623D2A9842C2.jpeg
    50694443-6D4B-4BF3-9C4C-623D2A9842C2.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 95

INVISBLE

Reaction score
/de-Lurk
Nothing yet for me.
Hardware ID - CNSC29NFGL
Soft Ver - 18.45.40
2020 Limited (don't recall build date, can go look)
And yes, have issues including no App remote start etc.
WL
\re-lurk

Same as mine, build date 9/19/2019, no update yet but disconnecting bluetooth, NAV and some other issues as others

Abesosa

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed what the update brought? I don’t even have apps available. Luckily I feel like I’m luck with my 19’ because not a single issue software or otherwise so maybe I shouldn’t care too much about it

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably a good time to ask that those who have not put what year and possibly location you have in your account details/sig. Makes it easier for those that want to know.

Thanks!

cjmst23

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer. Tech there said that it's based on the radio model # and the older version will NOT get the update. That is exactly what we're seeing from members reporting here. Early 2019 models aren't getting updates. I'm OK with that since I have no bugs, but some updated functionality would have been nice!

Yncsss02

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer. Tech there said that it's based on the radio model # and the older version will NOT get the update. That is exactly what we're seeing from members reporting here. Early 2019 models aren't getting updates. I'm OK with that since I have no bugs, but some updated functionality would have been nice!
Not sure that’s exactly true. I have a 2020 Limited unlit in 11/19 and no update. NFGL

dsmonline

Reaction score
Not sure that’s exactly true. I have a 2020 Limited unit in 11/19 and no update. NFGL

I also have a 11/19 build Limited, however my hardware version is N3GL and I did get the update. My build is actually 11/06/2019, what day was your build? Maybe we can pinpoint the actual day FCA changed to the newer hardware.

It appears that the only units getting the OTA update have a hardware version CNSC29N3GL, a version that appears to be in only 2020 MY trucks with a build date sometime in Nov '19 . Only time will tell if this holds true, but for now, that is what we are seeing.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I also have a 11/19 build Limited, however my hardware version is N3GL and I did get the update. My build is actually 11/06/2019, what day was your build? Maybe we can pinpoint the actual day FCA changed to the newer hardware.

It appears that the only units getting the OTA update have a hardware version CNSC29N3GL, a version that appears to be in only 2020 MY trucks with a build date sometime in Nov '19 . Only time will tell if this holds true, but for now, that is what we are seeing.
My 2019 was built 10/08/2018.....so I have the original hw before any revisions

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I'm screwed at least for now.

3-19 build
29NFGL hardware
18.45.40 current SW

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Yncsss02

Reaction score

Misread mine...built 24 October 2019. NFGL

Neokane

Reaction score
I guess I'm screwed at least for now.

3-19 build
29NFGL hardware
18.45.40 current SW

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Pretty much horse crap if they can't fix everyones..

dsmonline

Reaction score
Misread mine...built 24 October 2019. NFGL

Ok, thanks.

So it looks like somewhere between Oct 24th and Nov 6th, FCA changed over to a new hardware version of the Uconnect radio. Still waiting to hear from someone with other than a 29N3 version that received the update.

stevestrike

Reaction score
At the dealer today. They told me there would be no updates--that they could only "reflash" the same software on to see if it helps. Otherwise they will order a new screen to replace it if the problem persists.

I had the backup camera/black screen issue for a while, but haven't seen that lately. The biggest one for me is the bluetooth drop out issue, which happens A LOT.

EDIT: I'll add that I don't really care about getting any new "features", although that would be great, but I do need the features included with the truck I purchased to work correctly. Ram/FCA has done a ****-poor job of making sure that happened with this truck.

EDIT 2: wow you can't write ****? ok. Ram has done a pee-poor job.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
No updates on what? The older versions?

At the dealer today. They told me there would be no updates--that they could only "reflash" the same software on to see if it helps. Otherwise they will order a new screen to replace it if the problem persists.

I had the backup camera/black screen issue for a while, but haven't seen that lately. The biggest one for me is the bluetooth drop out issue, which happens A LOT.

limited_19

Reaction score
I have had nothing but issues with my 12" been in the shop at least 6 times and it seems to get worse after every visit. FCA still refuses to replace the screen, after the last visit I did get the latest software update with Pandora etc, but every other time I turn on my truck I get "Device not Supported" message pop up over the entire screen. If you click okay 2 seconds later it comes back up again in an endless cycle until you turn off the truck. I have no phone connected to it and I also did try disconnecting my bluetooth and same ****. I think my next phone call is to a Lemon law attorney. 2 years and 30k miles later on almost a 70k truck, this is just madness. While I love my truck, this Unconnect system is practically unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread