5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

dsmonline

Reaction score
Posted this in an older thread, thought it deserves a new start if true. Had Uconnect software version 19.33.11 loaded on my new truck when I picked it up last Saturday, could this be in infamous 4thQ update we have been waiting for? I have not seen this version discussed any any other threads to date.

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 956

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What have you noticed different if anything vs before you took it in the shop?

dsmonline

Reaction score
What have you noticed different if anything vs before you took it in the shop?

New truck, so I can not tell if there is anything different not having anything to compare it with other than the various threads on the Uconnect here on the forum that I have read. It is possible they did the update at the dealership after delivery as part of the PDI, or it could have come from the factory with it.

dsmonline

Reaction score
21.1 is the actual version References. Not the 19.33.11.

I guess I need help, where do you see the 21.1 as the version number. Is the photo I posted showing a newer version of the Uconnect software or is it the same as everyone has now? Just want to understand what it is we have here. Thanks,

DakotaRam

Reaction score
I believe it goes by the application version instead of the actual software version. I don’t see 21.1 either

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have software version 18.45.40 with application version 28.1

I was told again just last Wednesday they are still waiting on the update to be released that is due out by the end of this month.

18F6687E-3073-461F-BF70-32544D4FB8AE.jpeg

derp

Reaction score
not a software update itself, but I have noticed a lot of cool features on my uconnect that were not demoed to me during the buy.

all of the stations marked as favorites are constantly doing a rolling buffer of the current play so when I switch to the channel it always starts at the beginning of the song/segment. this is only while the truck is running.

there are many stations that are not on the sat feed, but use the onboard hotspot to stream to the truck for audio.

there are on-demand segments that can be played through the related content button/menu, these are hotspot streamed.

When I take/make a call for handsfree, the music in play pauses itself and resumes where it left off, which is great when I am enjoying a favorite song and then get a call.

the autoplay on USB device connected/BT device connected can be disabled in the menu so it doesn't start playing whatever audiobook I was listening to as soon as I get in the truck.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I thought these new trucks had auto updating capability over LTE?? Can't FCA push updates to our trucks automagically?

They can there just hasn’t been any updates...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfcody3962

Reaction score
thanks, got it. The lower left and lower right icons in the tray to be specific. Hold them both for at least 5 seconds.

johnhud

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

Don’t hold your breath they’ve been promising an update since 1+ year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I’m right there with you on getting an attorney. Mine is actually rebooting every 3.5 to 4 mins. GPS location is completely off from my current location. Heat cycles off and on. Told there will be an update soon. Hahahaha. I bought the truck with a working screen.
This experience has been terrible. I will be sure to bad mouth Ram/Chrysler to anyone I know. I’m done. The worst experience ever with service. Getting rid of my F-150 was my biggest mistake. Blinded by that 12 inch screen and the interior.

Last edited:

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Thats unfortunate about the factory NAV. I find that carplay NAV works better with SIRI Voice recognition anyways. Does your carplay NAV freeze?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 min or so?

VdMer

Reaction score
Kinda sucks you're experiencing this. I've thankfully not had any of those issues - software can be wonky. I will say that most infotainment systems kinda have varying degrees of suckness. Could be Nav mapping, Carplay integration (or lack of), general UI, stupid glitches etc. My '16 F150 had Sync. That was (for me) a P.O.S. system. Nav was useless, the voice was like Charlie Brown's teacher and the Sync (a Microsoft OS) had multiple blue screens of death - notoriously on road trips (froze and no music at all). So I did monthly hard resets via battery disconnects. On my '19 1500 12", I just use the bluetooth and/or Siri carplay integration for directions. I generally know where I'm driving 95% of the time, so directions are not a major need - I really only look for waze like traffic diversions (which has become less useful). Now if the music experience sucked, I'd be really pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread