5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation App Crashing

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Have you guys tried doing the factory reset on the Uconnect system? The problem hasn’t happened to me again since the reset in February. Mine was rebooting the TomTom much more frequently than every 7 minutes though, so may be a different issue.

waffles

Reaction score
Have you guys tried doing the factory reset on the Uconnect system? The problem hasn’t happened to me again since the reset in February. Mine was rebooting the TomTom much more frequently than every 7 minutes though, so may be a different issue.
Mine is every 3 minutes. I did a factory reset and my rearview camera disappeared. After it updated firmware so my rearview camera was back, it started rebooting tomtom again

jackedin

Reaction score
Mine is every 3 minutes. I did a factory reset and my rearview camera disappeared. After it updated firmware so my rearview camera was back, it started rebooting tomtom again
I had the same problem a few months ago and wrote about my experience in this post . The way I resolved it is by reloading the zipped USB FW version of S26.17 posted by one of our great forum members, Eighty.

In my not so humble opinion, I would stay away from @RamCares and your local stealership regarless of your warranty.

Best of luck

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2023 Ram Rebel Havoc 2 days ago, have almost the same issue.....The Tom Tom app crashes every 7 minutes exactly. When it crashes the screen goes blank, I get the Tom Tom logo and message that the maps are loading and it comes back up. This happens no matter if I am using it for directions, just have the map displayed, or don't have if visible anywhere. I did the factory reset this morning, but it did not fix it, still reboots every 7 minutes. I have an appointment next week, but was hoping someone has some info?
I just got a ram 1500 limited and have the same issue
Hi craigerwolf and waffles,

We're sorry the navigation feature is presenting this concern! Please contact us at 800-777-3600 so we can assist with escalating your concerns to the internal team.

Steph
Ram Cares

matulkru270

Reaction score
Same problem with our new 2023 RAM 1500 Limited. Have created a case with TomTom and RAM

Sanford214

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 1500 Limited is doing the same thing (TomTom navigation rebooting every couple of minutes). I'll try a factory reboot later today and update my post.

Sanford214

Reaction score
Tried factory reboot and nothing, still does it. Cylces about every three to four minutes.

Stevetra

Reaction score
2023 1500 limited, every 7 min like the above posts, it did not happen until after the latest firmware update. Kinda disappointing we don’t have a solution yet.

Statick

Reaction score
My 2022 G/T has been doing this too since the last software update (more frequently these last few days) and it’s driving me crazy.

Also notice that it will start on the most random screens. It will show carplay one start, then performance pages another, then tomtom, then apps, etc.,.. every 7 minutes… freaking tomtom reboots. Sometimes it will show the vehicle page and transition to tomtom booting. Frustrating.

Last edited:

matulkru270

Reaction score
Same problem with our new 2023 RAM 1500 Limited. Have created a case with TomTom and RAM.
RAM Connect requested that I do a factory reset on the radio. I doubted that it would work since it has not resolved the problem the others who have tried it recently. But, I did it anyway so I can say it's been done. And... the problem persists. Reported my findings, waiting to hear what's next.

btw, TomTom's position is, "we only provide map data to the manufacturer. The software to download the updates is supported by the manufacturer"

Murder Ram

Reaction score
Try This !!!
Same here 2023 ram limited !
Very annoying being I believe all are paid apps and services and yet can't even go from point A to point B without inputting the address several times
Not to mention the truck is brand new and the absolute insane price they are asking for these trucks one would not think they would not have ANY problems and add insult to injury by having to pay monthly via applications to have everything work at what point is there shame?
At any rate I believe the maps were working fine up until I changed the settings under (options/settings/show/points of interest/ POI on maps/ ○"Shopping plaza's"
I have since unchecked that option ●/○Shopping plaza's and seems to have solved the issue!
I also changed the fuel I'm looking for back to regular from mid grade but all seems to be working and going to try to repeat the problem to see if intact that is the problem

Statick

Reaction score
Went into my settings and only had parking lots and gas stations selected for POI on the map and POI on the route. Oddly, ferries and toll booth were selected to show and I know that I turned them off when I got the truck. I'm in Wyoming and don't need either. Went through and toggled them off again and toggled the gas stations back on. Shopping Plazas was off on both, but cycled that just cause. I can understand an inplace update can go bad if the new structures do not map the old structures correctly so its worth a shot. Still though, it should have been thoroughly tested in dev before committing to prod and pushed out. Still better than a Tundra though. I'll report back if it persist or goes away for me. Long drive tomorrow on the interstate so lots of nothing around once I get out of town.

Statick

Reaction score
Started my drive this morning and it rebooted to the map again. Went into the map settings and turned off all poi’s (at this point it’s only gas stations) and it hasn’t rebooted since!
__

Edit to add that after a brief pause in driving and restarting the truck, it came back like a bad crunchwrap from taco bell. I did a factory reset and will see how it goes tomorrow.

Last edited:

Statick

Reaction score
Plot twist- maps were updated for me today. Started with the cannot automatically update maps- turned it off when I picked up the kiddo and when I started it again, it displayed the relevant maps updated. IMG_1104.jpeg IMG_1115.jpeg Problem didn’t appear on the 10 minute drive home.

Last edited:

ogradt1

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited less than 3 months old. Issue just started on Saturday 8/12, and has been non stop since. What an annoying distraction while driving. Tried the factory reset this evening, and problem still exists. I do have a dealer appointment in two weeks ( best they could do ) even after purchasing 23 vehicles from them in the last 26 years. Go figure. Hope it will get resolved or will be making purchase 24 LOL.

mycaptain

Reaction score
My navigation app (which I never use) is causing havoc. I'm stuck in an endless loop. I get a screen that says TomTom Map Loading, then the map screen shows, then it crashes and goes back to my home screen. This loop takes about 40 seconds and never ends. It is so distracting while I'm driving that I have to turn off my screen. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried rebooting the system at least a dozen times. I've tried disconnecting my phone. I spoke with someone at UConnect care today, and they had to elevate it. I'm supposed to get a call in the next two days, but I'm going to be on the road a ton this week. I'd much rather try a few more things on my own than be in the truck all day with the apps flashing back and forth.

mycaptain

Reaction score
2023 longhorn doing the same…Dealer on Thursday. I thought this was operator error!

LTD

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2023 Limited and got the same issue. Took it to the dealer and they are ordering a new radio.

matulkru270

Reaction score
RAM Connect requested that I do a factory reset on the radio. I doubted that it would work since it has not resolved the problem the others who have tried it recently. But, I did it anyway so I can say it's been done. And... the problem persists. Reported my findings, waiting to hear what's next.

btw, TomTom's position is, "we only provide map data to the manufacturer. The software to download the updates is supported by the manufacturer"
My case with RAM Connect has been escalated. Stay tuned. I've made them aware that others are reporting the same problem on this forum.

mycaptain

Reaction score
It seems Nav systems in the '23's are glitchy. It is probably the Tom Tom update thingy. I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow for another matter so I will get their advice on this, It seems that every issue I have is only incremental making it difficult for me to demonstrate the problems on demand. My favorite problem to describe has been a paint issue on the hood that can only be seen if the observer is over 6' tall and the truck is in direct overhead sunlight!

Users who are viewing this thread