5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation App Crashing

TexMarQue

Reaction score
My navigation app (which I never use) is causing havoc. I'm stuck in an endless loop. I get a screen that says TomTom Map Loading, then the map screen shows, then it crashes and goes back to my home screen. This loop takes about 40 seconds and never ends. It is so distracting while I'm driving that I have to turn off my screen. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried rebooting the system at least a dozen times. I've tried disconnecting my phone. I spoke with someone at UConnect care today, and they had to elevate it. I'm supposed to get a call in the next two days, but I'm going to be on the road a ton this week. I'd much rather try a few more things on my own than be in the truck all day with the apps flashing back and forth.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Oh jeez bleeding edge.
I have read some peoples are having problems with that one.

You can try factory resetting the head unit but that's it as thats the newest firwmare version.
As dumb as it sounds factory reset fixes a LOT of problems these radios encounter.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Oh jeez bleeding edge.
I have read some peoples are having problems with that one.

You can try factory resetting the head unit but that's it as thats the newest firwmare version.
As dumb as it sounds factory reset fixes a LOT of problems these radios encounter.
Do you know how to do a factory reset?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could just plug your phone in and use maps through android auto or carplay

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you know how to do a factory reset?
On the settings menu on the bottom right there are the squares on the left like profile\lights\suspension etc.
Scroll ALL the way down and there is one that says system information and reset.
On reset you have like 3 options, do the full factory reset.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Still an option other than trying to use stock navigation
I fail to see how that helps him.
This is what he says first sentence.
"My navigation app (which I never use) is causing havoc."

AA and Carplay do nothing to help software crashing and throwing errors.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
So I did a factory reset, and it seems to have fixed it. Only been in the truck for about 10 minutes (resetting all my settings) but it hasn’t crashed again.

I was not trying to use the navigation system at all. The map is always running in the background. It just happened to be the TomTom app kept crashing.

I’ll report back if it starts acting up again. Thank you all for your help!

TexMarQue

Reaction score
So I did a factory reset, and it seems to have fixed it. Only been in the truck for about 10 minutes (resetting all my settings) but it hasn’t crashed again.

I was not trying to use the navigation system at all. The map is always running in the background. It just happened to be the TomTom app kept crashing.

So far, so good. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi TexMarQue,

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, but glad this is back on track after a reset! If anything pops back up, please let us know and we're happy to escalate this further.

Steph
Ram Cares

craigerwolf

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2023 Ram Rebel Havoc 2 days ago, have almost the same issue.....The Tom Tom app crashes every 7 minutes exactly. When it crashes the screen goes blank, I get the Tom Tom logo and message that the maps are loading and it comes back up. This happens no matter if I am using it for directions, just have the map displayed, or don't have if visible anywhere. I did the factory reset this morning, but it did not fix it, still reboots every 7 minutes. I have an appointment next week, but was hoping someone has some info?

lars665

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2023 Ram Rebel Havoc 2 days ago, have almost the same issue.....The Tom Tom app crashes every 7 minutes exactly. When it crashes the screen goes blank, I get the Tom Tom logo and message that the maps are loading and it comes back up. This happens no matter if I am using it for directions, just have the map displayed, or don't have if visible anywhere. I did the factory reset this morning, but it did not fix it, still reboots every 7 minutes. I have an appointment next week, but was hoping someone has some info?
Just purchased a new 2023 a couple days ago and mine is doing same thing. Every 7 minutes just like you said

craigerwolf

Reaction score
Finished at the dealership…..for now. They are able to see the problem, but unable to fix it. I will be bringing it back on Monday when they are able to request technical assistance.

craigerwolf

Reaction score
Just
Just purchased a new 2023 a couple days ago and mine is doing same thing. Every 7 minutes just like you said

Please take it to your dealership, the more customers to bring this to their attention, the quicker a fix will happen. Hopefully it will be something easy.

craigerwolf

Reaction score
Hi TexMarQue,

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, but glad this is back on track after a reset! If anything pops back up, please let us know and we're happy to escalate this further.

Steph
Ram Cares
Looks like this is not a one-off issue?

Users who are viewing this thread