5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav system offline

LV426

Reaction score
Its hard to get a definitive answer on this (or something in writing, etc.) but it does seem that SXM guardian service is for whatever reason linked to the online navigation search. When I got my truck, the online searched worked, SXM Guardian was still linked to previous owner so I had to have them cancel and attach my name, etc... to the rest of the trial (had about 3 months left to it). Anyway, when they did that I lost the Guardian service & Online search for a few days then it all came back. Now that I let the Guardian service laps (have not renewed) The Nav search is gone again, I do pay for the Att Wi-Fi service.

The way these services are presented is kind of confusing, seems disorganized and different story for everything. I wonder myself if even Uconnect, SXM & Ram understand how they work...

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its hard to get a definitive answer on this (or something in writing, etc.) but it does seem that SXM guardian service is for whatever reason linked to the online navigation search. When I got my truck, the online searched worked, SXM Guardian was still linked to previous owner so I had to have them cancel and attach my name, etc... to the rest of the trial (had about 3 months left to it). Anyway, when they did that I lost the Guardian service & Online search for a few days then it all came back. Now that I let the Guardian service laps (have not renewed) The Nav search is gone again, I do pay for the Att Wi-Fi service.

The way these services are presented is kind of confusing, seems disorganized and different story for everything. I wonder myself if even Uconnect, SXM & Ram understand how they work...
Canceled my Guardian and kept the ATT wi/fi and nav is online. \Did loose online for a while when new and got it back after the update earlier this year.

LV426

Reaction score
Canceled my Guardian and kept the ATT wi/fi and nav is online. \Did loose online for a while when new and got it back after the update earlier this year.
So there is the proof that these services are a complete mess and no one really knows what's what...
I currently pay for the ATT wifi, SXM Platinum (trial), 5-Year Trial SiriusXM Traffic Plus, 5-Year Trial – SiriusXM Travel Link and the search option within the Nav is grayed out... I don't get it but whatever, I use Waze and it works fine.

Last edited:

ram1500EP

Reaction score
After researching on this site about why my 2020 navigation is "offline" I went to the dealer loaded with questions. Turns out that $55k+ truck only has navigation (online) if you subscribe to Sirius XM and have an active Sirius Guardian Subscription. Probably not stating anything new to this group but feels better to vent.....Dealer printed out some Star Online Publication that speaks to this issue. Case # S1908000022-Rev B released 03/25/20. It speaks directly to the 12" screen. "Feature was deactivated with radio software 28.1 software level and vehicles built after January 2019. This feature was made available to radios at software level LR33.3.....If the customer does not have a Sirius Guardian subscription, the radio will not be "online" and will show a message "Searching Offline" after initiating a search. Resulting messages may include "Invalid Search" or "No Matching Results". These messages are per design since the VIN may not be registered on the Sirius XM server for the feature." --- great. Why did I upgrade for that huge screen? I'll keep trying all the other tips read about on this site.

Attachments

• Star Online Publication.jpg
    Star Online Publication.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 16

LV426

Reaction score
After researching on this site about why my 2020 navigation is "offline" I went to the dealer loaded with questions. Turns out that $55k+ truck only has navigation (online) if you subscribe to Sirius XM and have an active Sirius Guardian Subscription. Probably not stating anything new to this group but feels better to vent.....Dealer printed out some Star Online Publication that speaks to this issue. Case # S1908000022-Rev B released 03/25/20. It speaks directly to the 12" screen. "Feature was deactivated with radio software 28.1 software level and vehicles built after January 2019. This feature was made available to radios at software level LR33.3.....If the customer does not have a Sirius Guardian subscription, the radio will not be "online" and will show a message "Searching Offline" after initiating a search. Resulting messages may include "Invalid Search" or "No Matching Results". These messages are per design since the VIN may not be registered on the Sirius XM server for the feature." --- great. Why did I upgrade for that huge screen? I'll keep trying all the other tips read about on this site.
Wow, finally a damn answer... Thank you for posting that.

Interesting that there is no wording regarding this that can be found on any of the websites (Uconnect, SXM, etc...) Seems like a typical corporate scummy thing to do so not surprising...

Last edited:

LV426

Reaction score
Yeah, no mention of "Navigation online Search" in the services included, I wonder why they are shady with this?
Still an incredible rip off.

Attachments

• gurdian183132.png
    gurdian183132.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my online search after update this spring and am on LR-34-31 now. What APP version are you on, you may get online search after an update.
BTW, I do not subscribe to ANY sirius/xm services.
20211116_165800[1].jpg

LV426

Reaction score
Got my online search after update this spring and am on LR-34-31 now. What APP version are you on, you may get online search after an update.
BTW, I do not subscribe to ANY sirius/xm services.
View attachment 111385
Did you get an OTA randomly or did you have to chase it down from the dealer?
(Application Version USA-SBX-12.1-LR-34.2.0-20200123-L0M2)

LV426

Reaction score
Honestly it's just all over the place, one person gets this, one gets that, one has this working another doesn't have it working... lol.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can blow a hole in their claim that Sirius guardian is needed. I have a 12” radio transplanted in my 2017 2500 tradesman, which was built with the 5” radio, and is not even capable of Sirius guardian. Sometimes I get searches online, sometimes offline. I have active WiFi, which I have never paid or registered for, since I got this from the junkyard 19 months ago. Even if I shut the WiFi off, it will still sometimes search online.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's almost like the government is running the show. Seems that no-one in the company talks to anyone else when they designed this, just threw a bunch if equipment and programming together in the hopes it would work, and charged a fortune for it because they could. Blame the __________(your choice here).

LV426

Reaction score
The only thing that's associated with the Nav from the Guardian service is the "Send and Go" which also was a worked only sometimes feature. Not sure why it would dictate whether or not online searches work, not even sure how they would be remotely associated.

The only thing I can think of is RAM doesn't want to burn up the trucks 4G LTE data plan they have with At&t, maybe it pulls down too much data and not enough people are paying for the service? If that's even how it works, who knows...

LV426

Reaction score
It is 3 month, 3 Gig trial which ever runs out first.
Well I mean, doesn't the truck still need the LTE connection regardless if you pay or not (or trial runs out)? From my reading through a million threads I thought there was a mention that its always there for OTA's, maybe some other things. Meaning, even if you don't pay for it and use it, its still there. Wish I could find the discussion about this.

Anyway, I pay for the unlimited ATT service and tried my search again and its still says Searching Offline and I have full signal bars with the "no" symbol above it. I have all services still except the Guardian service. So, I guess they are somehow mixed together, maybe someone from @RamCares can chime in and explain it better...

Attachments

• NO.jpg
    NO.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 13
  • offline.jpg
    offline.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 13

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said, I have NO Sirius/XM, but do have ATT, and have online search.
Check your application version. If it is not LR 33.3 or later, you might be SOL. I am at LR 34.31.

LV426

Reaction score
Like I said, I have NO Sirius/XM, but do have ATT, and have online search.
Check your application version. If it is not LR 33.3 or later, you might be SOL. I am at LR 34.31.
Well, looks like mine is LR-34.2.0 and still no online search.
(Application Version USA-SBX-12.1-LR-34.2.0-20200123-L0M2)

LV426

Reaction score
Are you able to search via voice command using the microphone in the search bar?
For me, the mic icon is greyed out (parked or driving) yet the search button from the wheel allows a voice search... So I cant touch the Mic icon and initiate a voice search, but I can from the steering wheel... I don't understand what's going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread