5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav system offline

d21arren

Reaction score
Looking forward to the results of this, as I too am having this issue in my 2019.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Mine 2019 hasn’t gotten a single pushed update, uconnect vin online says I’m up to date and RamCares here basically said go see your dealer.

MICHAELRAMRAM

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I have a 2020 Ram. When I searched in the main search bar it would respond unknown error. Anyway, when I went to the dealer they called and inquired on this issue. The issue was that I was adding the city name in the search bar along with the address. Apparently if you just type the address without city it works. Tried and all good. Now this is still an offline search. The online is apparently, according to them, only accessible if you subscribe to the wifi package which I don't. Not sure if that is totally accurate....
Mine 2019 hasn’t gotten a single pushed update, uconnect vin online says I’m up to date and RamCares here basically said go see your dealer.

azzx

Reaction score
My search function worked when the SW version was 19.49
Had an over the air update to 20.4 last week.
post update to 20.4.19, my nav is Off-line now!

Jcalka16

Reaction score
So trying to read through all these and doesn’t seem like it has an easy fix? A dumb question but should I have navigation even if I don’t pay for the subscription?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to force an update on this to see if that will fix? When I go to review updates, none are shown and mine is still showing offline.
Not really. Had mine for a little over a year before I got the update, and all was well. If the update caused a problem, you can trY the dealer, bit that's iffy.

Last edited:

NJC1684

Reaction score
So trying to read through all these and doesn’t seem like it has an easy fix? A dumb question but should I have navigation even if I don’t pay for the subscription?
Mine hasn’t worked for at least a month. I had assumed it was because my 1 year free trial had expired too.

Fatnipples

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed if you sign back up for Guardian if the problem goes away?

Not that $150/yr is a good solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dahknee

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I have a 2020 Ram. When I searched in the main search bar it would respond unknown error. Anyway, when I went to the dealer they called and inquired on this issue. The issue was that I was adding the city name in the search bar along with the address. Apparently if you just type the address without city it works. Tried and all good. Now this is still an offline search. The online is apparently, according to them, only accessible if you subscribe to the wifi package which I don't. Not sure if that is totally accurate....
I have the wifi package and the offline searches started when I canceled my Guardian service the first time. Online search magically appeared once I restarted Guardian. I canceled my subscription again and now I only have offline searches.

There was a time when I first bought the truck when the searches were offline w/both wifi and Guardian.

I have not tried a reset of the radio yet.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I dont know if its mentioned but have to change the around you selection. I changed it to By City and went from there. It worked. I was looking for a destination in Florida. It found it. Oh i don't have the guardian or wifi plan.

Rcanham9

Reaction score
My nav went offline as soon as guardian trial expired. Dealership just told me a few days ago you have to have a Sirius subscription for it to operate. Ridiculous on such an expensive truck

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My nav went offline as soon as guardian trial expired. Dealership just told me a few days ago you have to have a Sirius subscription for it to operate. Ridiculous on such an expensive truck
Say what? SXM has nothing to do with nav. it is a music service, but you do need an active 4GLTE service from at&t.
My guardian trial expired over two years ago, my NAV. just pooped the bed this spring, radio failure with loss of WiFi also.
If you are under 3 yrs/36 000 miles have it repaired under warranty.
p.s. That U-Connect nav. is nothing to write home about, better off screen mirroring your phone running WAZE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread