5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav system offline

Wrkent100

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered this? All other connectivity works but when I put in address, it says searching offline.

Also, how do you perform a soft reset on these?

Thanks,

BK

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. spent hours researching this. If you go to the video from FCA going over the nav in the 12.1 there screen is the same way. Very frustrating as the wording "Online Search" to me means online search. Only difference on their video is the wording does not say online search it shows search places, address. if you go to around 53 seconds of this video you will see.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well an update today made the "Online search" change to whats in the video above.

cptasphalt

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Was the update automatic of something you had to request through the Uconnect system?
Thanks!

1500Limited

Reaction score
How do I get to this update? My system still says searching offline?

wirles

Reaction score
I experienced the offline search today as well. But I used the voice command search for the same address and the nav looked it up and set the waypoint.

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I’m experiencing the same thing now. System just updated last night and now I have this issue. It will not even load street addresses.

raydi07

Reaction score
Same here. I just purchased 3 weeks ago and cannot find out how to change it to online search. I have wifi in the truck and also paired my phone. Very frustrating that when i type in my home address it shows offline searching and no results, yet if i use voice command it finds my house. I would have thought it was updated and when i checked my dashboard on mopar and uconnect update, it shows my u connect is up to date.
What gives?? After paying $57K for a Laramie i would expect this to be seamless.

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
Same here. I just purchased 3 weeks ago and cannot find out how to change it to online search. I have wifi in the truck and also paired my phone. Very frustrating that when i type in my home address it shows offline searching and no results, yet if i use voice command it finds my house. I would have thought it was updated and when i checked my dashboard on mopar and uconnect update, it shows my u connect is up to date.
What gives?? After paying $57K for a Laramie i would expect this to be seamless
What gives?? After paying $57K for a Laramie i would expect this to be seamless.

So took my truck back to the dealer they kept it for two days and still no solution. WTF! I'm going to call the FCA after the holidays. will keep you posted

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So took my truck back to the dealer they kept it for two days and still no solution. WTF! I'm going to call the FCA after the holidays. will keep you posted
Mine shows offline search too. No clue whats up.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine shows offline search too. No clue whats up.
Just got off the phone with Uconnect for the second time since last night re the offline search issues and inability to use voice command. Last nights answer was we dont know what's wrong call the software company. Today's answer was RAM is aware of the issue and is working on an update. FCA and its affiliates are a joke. By the way, the customer service rep actually said "so I understand, you would like to use the search function in the Nav system correct?" Seriously? No, I like to pay thousands of dollars for options that I cant use.

Last edited:

chrisfuss

Reaction score
It's degrading further now uconnect doesn't even find anything inside the app...

a5faf99330a97bcd88adec883fbf593f.jpg

02ee79eb567c7a88fb79b6f12e84c972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Didnt think the worst could get worse. Guess I was wrong.

And thats not even a hard feature to implement its standard stuff map search within an app it's all available as apis... It's like middle school project app level...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any updates on this? I was out and instead of using android auto i decided to try the built in navigation. I was so pleased to find out that the offline search gave me 0 results for any address. Also the voice search did not work as well. I am shocked that they advertise the full screen navigation but it doesn't even work. I have LTE service in my truck and siriusXM guardian setup. This sucks. @RamCares ...any idea whats up?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any updates on this? I was out and instead of using android auto i decided to try the built in navigation. I was so pleased to find out that the offline search gave me 0 results for any address. Also the voice search did not work as well. I am shocked that they advertise the full screen navigation but it doesn't even work. I have LTE service in my truck and siriusXM guardian setup. This sucks. @RamCares ...any idea whats up?
No updates last I checked and RamCares doesnt care because they already have our $.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No updates last I checked and RamCares doesnt care because they already have our $.
Sounds about on par for others issues I've had with Ram. Awesome. I was able to run a search but it said searching offline and no voice ability. At least I can find an address now.

Users who are viewing this thread