5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav system offline

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares won’t answer they got a standard copy paste answer that’s it. They won’t ever react to calling them out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just like tagging them in things I know they're ignoring, lol. The number and significance of the Uconnect / Sirius XM Guardian features that don't work should be nothing less than just flat out embarrassing for Ram right now. It's comical how many things they advertise that don't work, and absolutely hilarious that there is NO documentation on the Uconnect features for the 12" screen anywhere on Ram's website or Uconnect's.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I just like tagging them in things I know they're ignoring, lol. The number and significance of the Uconnect / Sirius XM Guardian features that don't work should be nothing less than just flat out embarrassing for Ram right now. It's comical how many things they advertise that don't work, and absolutely hilarious that there is NO documentation on the Uconnect features for the 12" screen anywhere on Ram's website or Uconnect's.

Good point I started marking posts of @RamCares as spam as they are copy paste and useless.
It must be hard to play dumb all the time acting like you’ve just heard about an issue the first time

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good point I started marking posts of @RamCares as spam as they are copy paste and useless.
It must be hard to play dumb all the time and do like they’ve heard about issues the first time

I'd also like to clarify, its NOT Ram Care's fault for any of the issues in our trucks, and they are NOT the one's responsible for fixing them either. I get that and I think some people around here think they are the cause and solution to their problems. It's like how everyone gives **** to the waitress or waiter at the restaurant for the chef overcooking the steak, even though its clearly a case of shooting the messenger. So when I say things are hilariously embarrassing, its aimed towards Ram and not Ram Cares. Ram Care's has the unfortunate responsibility of dealing with the customer directly, even though they aren't the one's in the kitchen.

@RamCares

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I'd also like to clarify, its NOT Ram Care's fault for any of the issues in our trucks, and they are NOT the one's responsible for fixing them either. I get that and I think some people around here think they are the cause and solution to their problems. It's like how everyone gives **** to the waitress or waiter at the restaurant for the chef overcooking the steak, even though its clearly a case of shooting the messenger. So when I say things are hilariously embarrassing, its aimed towards Ram and not Ram Cares. Ram Care's has the unfortunate responsibility of dealing with the customer directly, even though they aren't the one's in the kitchen.

@RamCares

Sorry patent nonsense!!! It absolutely is RAM / FCA causing the issue and the non responsiveness is their fault! I feel for the employees getting the sh it but sorry they are the frontline of the company that currently behaves in an absolute inappropriate way. And it’s their employer who chooses to act like this. I will continue keep give my them **** everyday because it’s the only way we as customers can express our disappointment and anger over ****ing us over and then keep playing dumb. And hopefully everyone does because then hopefully the **** finally climbs up the latter in this ****hole called FCA until it gets to a management level where someone really gets pissed... I understand it’s not that person behind the keyboard at @RamCares but it is what it is they’ve chosen to work in customer care so they will get rained on on bad days sorry you don’t get an umbrella from your employer... although I think the umbrella is called “play dumb”

Joeko23

Reaction score
Hey guys just got my Rebel, going from an 18 Raptor and I love the way the Rebel drives. Very much like my wife’s Range Rover Sport totally untruck like. Just wish the Rebel looked more Raptorish. Anyway I think I solved the whole seraching offline thing.

So in order to search for an address or POI you have to hit Nav then at the bottom press “Where To” then press at the bottom “address” or “POI” etc. if you just search at the top you will always get no results because if you see to the right it says “around here” so unless your searching for something close by to where you are it won’t find it. It’s really weird and totally deceiving to have a large search bar like that but that’s how the programmers did it. But at least it all works

Here is a link to the manual start at page 82. Basically all navigation search functions must be done via the “where to” function

https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9698.pdf

Additionally, My theory why it’s says searching offline because the Guardian service is not activated. Please take a look at this link and page 612. It says you must call and activate Guardian services.
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9704.pdf

Last edited:

slabar

Reaction score
Hey guys just got my Rebel, going from an 18 Raptor and I love the way the Rebel drives. Very much like my wife’s Range Rover Sport totally untruck like. Just wish the Rebel looked more Raptorish. Anyway I think I solved the whole seraching offline thing.

So in order to search for an address or POI you have to hit Nav then at the bottom press “Where To” then press at the bottom “address” or “POI” etc. if you just search at the top you will always get no results because if you see to the right it says “around here” so unless your searching for something close by to where you are it won’t find it. It’s really weird and totally deceiving to have a large search bar like that but that’s how the programmers did it. But at least it all works

Here is a link to the manual start at page 82. Basically all navigation search functions must be done via the “where to” function

https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9698.pdf

Additionally, My theory why it’s says searching offline because the Guardian service is not activated. Please take a look at this link and page 612. It says you must call and activate Guardian services.
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9704.pdf

I just found this. If you touch "Around Here" you will get a drop down list. Click on In a City. Punch in the address and you will be able to bring up your route.

Hope that helps as this new nav is a pain in the ***!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just found this. If you touch "Around Here" you will get a drop down list. Click on In a City. Punch in the address and you will be able to bring up your route.

Tried it, like it. Works as hoped. Thanks.

Texas3500ram

Reaction score
Tried it, like it. Works as hoped. Thanks.
thanks taht worked

thanks ,that works on my 2019 ram 3500 dually longhorn . it works when you use voice but you cant type in the address ,says offline search . also i notice when you hit the search bar , it shows off line to the left of the bar

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have finally figured out (so far) that the "search" works fine if you just type in a name, i.e., Walmart, Safeway, etc.. If I want a specific city, address, whatever, I use the "where to"button at he bottom left, then the "other destinations" button. That gives a multiple option menu for city center, address, etc..

Reactions: MJP

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have finally figured out (so far) that the "search" works fine if you just type in a name, i.e., Walmart, Safeway, etc.. If I want a specific city, address, whatever, I use the "where to"button at he bottom left, then the "other destinations" button. That gives a multiple option menu for city center, address, etc..

That's only because what you're searching is already pre-loaded into the map destinations as a result. I bet if you found a local business that has popped up in the last two years or less, it won't show up, because that's the whole point of the "online" search, it's supposed to give you live results, not pre-loaded ones.

• Angry
Reactions: BES

ErikNJ

Reaction score
I’ll plus one/bump this thread. My 12” navigation will find exact matches for whatever is stored in the older local data but it will not find anything online or recent.

2019 PB

Reaction score
I’m having the same issues. I just bumped another thread asking if anyone found a fix before I found this more recent thread.

Any fixes out there?

2019 PB

Reaction score
Edmunds had the offline issue pop up on their test truck and their’s was fixed. There’s a solution out there if we can find a dealership or FCA employee that cares to try.

See the may update in the link:

• Angry

gencon

Reaction score
Same here. I just purchased 3 weeks ago and cannot find out how to change it to online search. I have wifi in the truck and also paired my phone. Very frustrating that when i type in my home address it shows offline searching and no results, yet if i use voice command it finds my house. I would have thought it was updated and when i checked my dashboard on mopar and uconnect update, it shows my u connect is up to date.
What gives?? After paying $57K for a Laramie i would expect this to be seamless.
Ram customer care sent me this as a"temporary" fix

I did get some instructions from the Uconnect team for a workaround for that concern and they are looking into a fix, see below:

• - Hit Nav
  • - Where to
  • - Other destinations
  • - Address
  • - Ensure city and state are correct
Will try tomorrow

chrisfuss

Reaction score

I did get some instructions from the Uconnect team for a workaround for that concern and they are looking into a fix, see below:

• - Hit Nav
  • - Where to
  • - Other destinations
  • - Address
Will try tomorrow

Not a fix!
This will produce more results for a search it still is an offline search though! Be careful because it has old data and might send you to wrong places...

my 3rd gen BMW X5 had online address / poi search which worked great and reliable plus no subscriptions needed for services... uconnect is a total scam does not work plus costs a **** load of money per year... note the 3rd gen x5 was launched in 2013... these are 2019 RAMs just sayin...

Last edited:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

• - Hit Nav
  • - Where to
  • - Other destinations
  • - Address
Will try tomorrow
This is the only way to get an address search location. Just using the main screen search will find a walmart or such, but not an address

• Angry

gencon

Reaction score
This is the only way to get an address search location. Just using the main screen search will find a walmart or such, but not an address
I found out today, 2/10, there IS now an update that will resolve the “searching offline” issue on the gps.
Unfortunately, FCA hasn’t decided if it will be issued via satellite or by having to go to a dealership. Therefore, I have to live with the non working gps until the decide.
New 3020’s have the update ( my son bought a 3500 longhorn with 12 inch screen, his works and searches online every time)
If you buy a 2019, you may get one with a gps that searches offline.

I also found out today, that if there are computer updates for your truck, if you do not receive them by satellite or you haven’t filed a service request that the update will fix, you have to pay the dealership for the updates. I just dropped $300 plus, including a “gig” charge , to get 6 different updates. WOW!!!!. Feel ripped off
My buddy with a GMC gets his updates by satellite and doesn’t have to pay.
My son’s 2030 gets satellite updates.
To date, I have never received a software update via satellite on my 2019 bought in December 2018

Users who are viewing this thread