5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav offline

chrisfuss

Reaction score
If you haven’t already done so I’d recommend going back to the dealer and get your salesperson(or another one that’s knowledgeable) to go through it with you. My guy sat with me for about 20 min while we both figured it out, becasue it wasn’t working the way WE here think and know it should work according to the screen. We did however figure out the voice commands for addresses and poi’s. Plus we figured out the “where to” soft button function. Just by going through it with someone else in the truck with me gave me a chance to bounce ideas and thoughts around then also look at different things on it and also get input from them.

Again I know where the where to button is STILL ZERO results !!!! Also I do have an active subscription hence the app work around working at least most of the time... since this will be your next question... voice command zero result... it was with the dealer already multiple times for a week or more st a time... I’ve had multiple star cases open which led to nothing 2 were closed because the claimed I wasn’t following up enough...they told me I should have at least called once a week and check in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Again I know where the where to button is STILL ZERO results !!!! Also I do have an active subscription hence the app work around working at least most of the time... since this will be your next question... voice command zero result... it was with the dealer already multiple times for a week or more st a time... I’ve had multiple star cases open which led to nothing 2 were closed because the claimed I wasn’t following up enough...they told me I should have at least called once a week and check in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not saying you don’t know where stuff is. Sorry if you took it that way. I’m just trying to give info from my experience/results and visit to the dealer for the same issues. No my search bar at the top does not work as everyone else’s. As for the “subscription” that’s one thing I believe most of us won’t be renewing after the free year. Especially since the app is barely functioning and they want $250 a year just so they can track your vehicle IF it’s stolen. They won’t guarantee you’ll get it back in one piece or pay to repair it either. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

At least the 8.4 nav system gives them vehicle health info inside the Uconnect app and on the mopar site, something our 12” system can’t do (yet anyways, fingers crossed maybe someday).

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Isn’t xm guardian 3 years included? xm radio is 1 year trial only for sure... the moment I have to pay for guardian services I will sell the truck 3 years is when I’d get rid of it anyways... if it’s one year it will be gone after one year and won’t get another ram for sure... if not earlier because they aren’t fixing ****... I’m already exploring the lemon law route...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ram’dit

Reaction score
@RamCares sad. No response??? We are your customers and have spent a lot of money on this vehicle. At least respond. This appears to be a major gripe of mine and others. Actually, it’s my only gripe about the truck so far. This truck is awesome with the exception of this small/fixable problem.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Isn’t xm guardian 3 years included? xm radio is 1 year trial only for sure... the moment I have to pay for guardian services I will sell the truck 3 years is when I’d get rid of it anyways... if it’s one year it will be gone after one year and won’t get another ram for sure... if not earlier because they aren’t fixing ****... I’m already exploring the lemon law route...

Xm guardian is 1 year from date of purchase. Depending on dealership Sirius XM could be 3 months to a year. Sirius traffic/weather/sports should be 5 years. 3g WiFi 3 months from date you activate it.

kurtdoten

Reaction score
I have a Longhorn with the 12" screen. I'm not sure what is different with my vehicle, but my Nav works as described in the owner's manual. I can say "find POI" and then say something like Lowes, gas station, or Post Office and the system gives me a list of locations to choose from.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Longhorn with the 12" screen. I'm not sure what is different with my vehicle, but my Nav works as described in the owner's manual. I can say "find POI" and then say something like Lowes, gas station, or Post Office and the system gives me a list of locations to choose from.

The issue isn't finding POI's that the map already knows about. The system "claims" to be able to search real time online for things that the GPS map doesn't already have pre-loaded. That's where the issue is.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing to get fixed. If you read in here there are a few things that just don't work yet. Part of buying a first year with an all-new system. From what I read a few more updates and we will get it all working.

Where did you read that?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the navigation screen should just print out map quest directions (cd player or mini printer?) like we used to do before GPS navigation. It's just as useless as what they have now. I guess I'll use the Android auto and ignore the full screen navigation.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Ok so just picking up my truck from the dealer yet again... he just said that FCA will provide a software update next quarter to address this and other issues so let’s see...

UnLimited

Reaction score
When was the last time, you purchased something and those advertised features will be released next year! (depending on when you purchased your 1500)

This whole 12.1 system ...................

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Plenty of times however it was clear at the time of purchase which features would not be available until a given date...

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so just picking up my truck from the dealer yet again... he just said that FCA will provide a software update next quarter to address this and other issues so let’s see...

Looking forward to the update. Hopefully, it rectifies the issue. Thanks for the info.

smiles5619

Reaction score
Any word on an actual date for the update to Uconnect systems? Particularly the 12 inch Uconnect system?

AlphaRebel

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just picked up my 2019 RAM Rebel with he 12" screen, I'm having the exact same issue with the circle with the line through it. I also can't find address when using the large top search function. However I have figured out a work around that works great, although a major PITA! put the address you are looking for into your favorites and it will find it. I figured this out the other day and it works!! I have an appointment for this coming Tuesday but sounds to me like we are all still waiting on that software update?? Glad I found this thread because this is a major issue and was driving me nuts??

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I normally just send the address to my car and when i turn it on it pops up to take me there. Sort of frustrating to have to do that but it's better than nothing. Or just use CarPlay/android auto

2019 PB

Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m joining this thread. June build truck I’ve owned less than a week with the same issues. It also randomly displays km or miles depending on what mood it’s in. Uconnect help line suggested I take it to dealership and they have no clue what to do.

Anyone else found a fix?

Copsfl

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just picked up my 2019 RAM Rebel with he 12" screen, I'm having the exact same issue with the circle with the line through it. I also can't find address when using the large top search function. However I have figured out a work around that works great, although a major PITA! put the address you are looking for into your favorites and it will find it. I figured this out the other day and it works!! I have an appointment for this coming Tuesday but sounds to me like we are all still waiting on that software update?? Glad I found this thread because this is a major issue and was driving me nuts??
Mine is also doing the same thing, to find a address, tap search. When search bar pops up look to the right of it. There should be another that says. Nearby places . Tap that box. A drop down menu will display. At the bottom of that menu you will see a box that says city,state, zip.click that box enter city where the address is. Then enter street address only. It should pop right up. The problem is,the system defaults to nearby place and that is all it will search for and is why it shows no results.

Pitcom

Reaction score
Worst nav system ever. It is a complete joke. The u connect does not recognize any voice commands and you have to jump through hoops to locate a destination. I justbought my wife a subaru Ascent and the nav system is fantastic. It works flawlessly, you just say a location and it pops right up on the screen. Amazing how a car that cost 60% of the Limited price has a way better system.

Users who are viewing this thread