5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav offline

kawakaman

Reaction score
I wonder if we can return our rams based on the nav being a pos maybe then they would actually make the dam thing work what's the point in spending all this money to be told you could use carplay or android auto

30THIRTY

Reaction score
I got told today that I have to pay for an update for my $64k truck!!!!!! First was told that that it was Guardian problem, then i needed to call HERE then sent an email with a link to pay for nav in my truck. Person didn't seem to care that I have 12" nav on my sticker and insisted that I need to pay $595 several times, almost like he gets a cut. When I got the email I noticed that it was for 8.4 and told him that is not what I have. He insisted this is what I needed to fix this problem. WTF?!?!?! Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.52.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.54.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.52.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.54.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.52.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.54.11 PM.png

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I think this was a misunderstanding... you got to give those hotline people the benefit of the doubt for now that they are of not really knowing anything, they are following question/ answer guidelines / trees and not working nav let him to the you need to activate nav for your 8.4... i know it’s not nice and doesn’t help any of us but that’s what it is...

I have an open case with these people from customer care +18443780575 they seem to have a clue, we’re nice, understanding and helpful although obviously have not been able to solve the problem...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hessclark

Reaction score
Any update on this nav offline issue? I have an appointment with the dealer Monday but I am afraid they will have no clue about the issue...

chrisfuss

Reaction score
No update case is open with fca but no answer no statement just radio silence...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnLimited

Reaction score
ditto - case open for 2 weeks now - and a list of other bugs

chrisfuss

Reaction score
@RamCares considering many of us are affected it would be a matter of respect to release some sort of statement where you stand on this matter and at least acknowledge the issue and confirm that it is being worked on or not? And what is being done? But from my recent experience on several issues truthfulness and respect apparently are of no value to FCA.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got told today that I have to pay for an update for my $64k truck!!!!!! First was told that that it was Guardian problem, then i needed to call HERE then sent an email with a link to pay for nav in my truck. Person didn't seem to care that I have 12" nav on my sticker and insisted that I need to pay $595 several times, almost like he gets a cut. When I got the email I noticed that it was for 8.4 and told him that is not what I have. He insisted this is what I needed to fix this problem. WTF?!?!?! View attachment 12586 View attachment 12587 View attachment 12586 View attachment 12587 View attachment 12586
View attachment 12587

You need to talk to your dealer and make sure they activated your vin for nav. They gave me a login and password for my Sirus XM Guardian account that they had to set up.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
It’s got nothing to do with that the nav activation is a 8.4 thing only where you can buy the nav functionality afterwards. Unfortunately with whatever question/ answer system the hotline works this will pop up on their screen and consider they are non techs and likely non owners themselves they won’t recognize the difference. There is no activation needed for the 12“ system the Navigation just simply does not work currently for I’d guess at least the majority and @RamCares / FCA does not care...

kurtdoten

Reaction score
Is this an isolated issue with just a few trucks? Or does everybody have a problem and they just aren't talking about it? I'm waiting for my truck to deliver in the next few weeks and frankly I'm starting to freak out about all the issues people are having.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I am very confident it’s at least on all 12”

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got told today that I have to pay for an update for my $64k truck!!!!!! First was told that that it was Guardian problem, then i needed to call HERE then sent an email with a link to pay for nav in my truck. Person didn't seem to care that I have 12" nav on my sticker and insisted that I need to pay $595 several times, almost like he gets a cut. When I got the email I noticed that it was for 8.4 and told him that is not what I have. He insisted this is what I needed to fix this problem. WTF?!?!?! View attachment 12586 View attachment 12587 View attachment 12586 View attachment 12587 View attachment 12586
View attachment 12587
This is in now way related to your truck.. The RA3 is the OLD Harmon units pre CarPlay and android auto 8.4

UnLimited

Reaction score
Since day one - offline - mopar says I'm a non-owner - I've had the truck since end of Oct..

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I bought my RAM 2019 Limited last April (2018) and the NAV has been offline ever since. It is utter crap. I have noticed that if my phone is connected via bluetooth that it will actually search in "offline" mode. It has said "offline" since day one. If my bluetooth is OFF then it will not find anything for NAV. The other problem since day one has been that typing on the NAV keyboard is slow, sometimes up to a 3 second delay between pushing the screen button and having it appear in the search bar. Ugh!

hessclark

Reaction score
I spoke with someone from Ram Customer Care yesterday and she said that the OTA (over the air) updates are beginning to roll out with the major Uconnect update that we have all been waiting for. She said it goes out in batches and may take a while to get it. Has anyone seen this update yet on your truck?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I spoke with someone from Ram Customer Care yesterday and she said that the OTA (over the air) updates are beginning to roll out with the major Uconnect update that we have all been waiting for. She said it goes out in batches and may take a while to get it. Has anyone seen this update yet on your truck?

I have my doubts they told me something similar 2 weeks ago

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
has anyone heard anything lately about a remedy for this heinous issue? Its driving me F***ing nuts

Capt Joe

Reaction score
I actually feel better that we are all in this together. Yes my 12" has always been "offline" and the microphone button on the other side of the search bar is grayed out as well. Also my SOS button says FEATURE NO ACTIVE and my Assist button just wants me to create an account for like the 30th time. Yes I have an account MOPAR and Yes i could use all of the remote features. So frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread