5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav offline

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well i have a 12 inch screen same issue with my truck. SiriusXM Guardian stuff all works. I am listed as an owner on the truck. Navigation is complete crap, doesn't work at all. I am getting offline mode when doing searches. It can't find any addresses. I do not believe i have received any updates. Purchased 12/24/2019. I love android auto but for long trips i would like to use the built in Nav if possible since it does help. Hoping this gets resolved.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
While picking up my truck after my oil change and recall work I sat in the truck with my salesman working on the nav. Showed him the offline search issue(how typing an address in search bar will find nothing) and had him show me how to get addresses to be found. Here’s what we had to do.

This is using the hands free on the steering wheel
  1. Say: Set Destination address city state.
  2. For POI’s say: points of interest. Then I believe it asks for type. We searched for gas stations. It then pops up folders. We had to select the first folder for local nearby stations.
Not saying this is correct or that it works as advertised as it doesn’t. Just putting this out there for those to try.

Remember this has nothing to do with the 3g service your truck can have. This is all software related as the radio gets its information from satellites. Which should be an easy fix from Uconnect.

Last edited:

Joeko23

Reaction score
Hey guys just got my Rebel, going from an 18 Raptor and I love the way the Rebel drives. Very much like my wife’s Range Rover Sport totally untruck like. Just wish the Rebel looked more Raptorish. Anyway I think I solved the whole seraching offline thing.

So in order to search for an address or POI you have to hit Nav then at the bottom press “Where To” then press at the bottom “address” or “POI” etc. if you just search at the top you will always get no results because if you see to the right it says “around here” so unless your searching for something close by to where you are it won’t find it. It’s really weird and totally deceiving to have a large search bar like that but that’s how the programmers did it. But at least it all works

Here is a link to the manual start at page 82. Basically all navigation search functions must be done via the “where to” function

https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9698.pdf

Additionally, My theory why it’s says searching offline because the Guardian service is not activated. Please take a look at this link and page 612. It says you must call and activate Guardian services.
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9704.pdf

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys just got my Rebel, going from an 18 Raptor and I love the way the Rebel drives. Very much like my wife’s Range Rover Sport totally untruck like. Just wish the Rebel looked more Raptorish. Anyway I think I solved the whole seraching offline thing.

So in order to search for an address or POI you have to hit Nav then at the bottom press “Where To” then press at the bottom “address” or “POI” etc. if you just search at the top you will always get no results because if you see to the right it says “around here” so unless your searching for something close by to where you are it won’t find it. It’s really weird and totally deceiving to have a large search bar like that but that’s how the programmers did it. But at least it all works

Here is a link to the manual start at page 82. Basically all navigation search functions must be done via the “where to” function

https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9698.pdf

Additionally, My theory why it’s says searching offline because the Guardian service is not activated. Please take a look at this link and page 612. It says you must call and activate Guardian services.
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.windows.net/assets/publications/en-us/Ram/2019/1500_DT/9704.pdf

I can 100% say my guardian services are active. This is an issue with the unit itself.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Same here search offline and returns if any results that are incomplete and outdated same for voice search. My guardian services are also active since the first day I got the truck in November, currently i can search for addresses and poi’s in the app and send it to the truck also other remote functions currently work (they have not for about 3 weeks around New Years)

If it was a simple user error we would have found out by now. I had multiple star cases open on this already FCA just does not act / react on it and repeatedly closed them without notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram’dit

Reaction score
Interesting topic. I just asked the dealer why it said searching offline. They didn’t know. I also asked why it has an O with / through it right above signal strength meter.

After I left dealer I called uconnect that then routed me to “Here”. I believe they are the supplier of the Nav system. I asked them why my new 2019 Ram delivered in Feb 2019 had 2017Q2 map database loaded. They didn’t have a good answer. I was told the latest map update was October 2018.

@RamCares can you please get involved and get me the current map that I deserve. This is a new vehicle. Thank you.

Attachments

• 5B81026B-CFE2-4E3A-ACCB-09CFC3571A9F.jpeg
    5B81026B-CFE2-4E3A-ACCB-09CFC3571A9F.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 57065AB3-E7C9-4437-BE13-CAA8B3136CF6.jpeg
    57065AB3-E7C9-4437-BE13-CAA8B3136CF6.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 40

chrisfuss

Reaction score
@RamCares will do **** the most they will do is ask you to send them a pm they will then tell you to go to a dealer and the cycle starts from the beginning...

Ram’dit

Reaction score
How many others have outdated maps on a 2019 Ram? I’m sure everyone. Make enough noise and the problem will get addressed. I was very frustrated with FCA customer care yesterday. I will gladly take it to a dealer IF they have an immediate solution. I’m not about to let my truck sit there while they try to figure out what we are talking about. It seems no one knows. Not even the “Here” people. The poor lady said “Sir I’m sorry but I don’t have any information for the 2019 Ram”. You need to contact FCA Customer care. I did. FCA told me I needed to contact Navtec. ??????

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Basically what I told them last time they had mine several times with zero outcome. Last time I told them I will not bring it in anymore without them being able to convince me that they actually have a solution for the existing problems... then they gave me a speech about they can’t do anything without a diagnosis, so I told them you had it several times for diagnosis, then they were like but those expire after 30 days... so told them but the issues don’t expire and I’m not waisting anymore time on fruitless dealer visit. Then they get all apologetic how they feel very sorry that they couldn’t make me happy and convince me to bring it to a dealer bla bla bla...

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

Now try to do that while you’re driving that 50k+ truck down the road at 70 mph. Try using the hands free and see how well it works for you finding updated information/businesses/poi’s.

My guardian as most peoples service IS active. Most of these issues have nothing to do with someone’s active status. It has to do with them pushing out a software version that’s not 100% ready as most aren’t in the 1st year of release. Yet in almost 12 months since it’s been out I think there’s been 1(maybe 2) update to owners radios(not that I know what the updates were for.).

So telling people that it works by going through the slow and antiquated way of finding an address isn’t the answer. We should be able to type in an address or poi (gas station) in the search bar and it give results even if offline. So again no it doesn’t work as shown.

Most importantly. CONGRATS ON THE NEW REBEL ;)

DeanMichaelSr

Reaction score
So I guess this has yet to be resolved and there is no answer forthcoming .....Sounds kind of extreme but this could be a deal breaker for me. Like everyone else here, its crazy to spend this kind of money and not even be able to use the nav system on this beautiful screen!!

Wxgs333

Reaction score
So I guess this has yet to be resolved and there is no answer forthcoming .....Sounds kind of extreme but this could be a deal breaker for me. Like everyone else here, its crazy to spend this kind of money and not even be able to use the nav system on this beautiful screen!!
You can still use the NAV, just not as smart as Google map...

chrisfuss

Reaction score
You can still use the NAV, just not as smart as Google map...

No at least for me and appears a lot of others the search returns zero results so it is not usable not even non smart. The only work around that works for me is to use the Sirius app an send a destination to the vehicle, however this has also had its and did not work work either for about 4 weeks around Christmas/New Years... so at that point all I had left was CarPlay which is by far not as good as a built in nav system... neither google nor apple nor waze

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
No at least for me and appears a lot of others the search returns zero results so it is not usable not even non smart. The only work around that works for me is to use the Sirius app an send a destination to the vehicle, however this has also had its and did not work work either for about 4 weeks around Christmas/New Years... so at that point all I had left was CarPlay which is by far not as good as a built in nav system... neither google nor apple nor waze

Correct that the search bar at the top of nav page doesn’t work but the system works old school still. Which to me sucks and isn’t what the system should be for a 50k plus vehicle and 4k (just a guess) stereo system.

You can go through the “where to” button and then select “address”, “poi” or other options. It works, just old school and slow. For hands free voice addresses say “set destination” then full address including town and state. For poi searches say “points of interest” then follow command prompts. When you search poi’s (voice or prompts) you will most likely see a folder at top of list then maybe a couple of other items listed. Select the first folder and it will open “around you” locations. Took me a few times to realize that’s what it was doing instead of just listing them on first page/list. This work most of the time for me.

Also remember that numbers are numbers so don’t say O for Zero. Set destination: One Zero One First Street, lost in desert, Texas (don’t say commas (just a gentle reminder for everyone about the Zero) ;)

Last edited:

chrisfuss

Reaction score
You can go through the “where to” button and then select “address”, “poi” or other options. It works, just old school and slow. For hands free voice addresses say “set destination” then full address including town and state. For poi searches say “points of interest” then follow command prompts. They work most of the time for me.

Again does not work for me either... mine returns zero results to any searches performed on the nav itself no matter which way you go...

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Again does not work for me either... mine returns zero results to any searches performed on the nav itself no matter which way you go...

If you haven’t already done so I’d recommend going back to the dealer and get your salesperson(or another one that’s knowledgeable) to go through it with you. My guy sat with me for about 20 min while we both figured it out, becasue it wasn’t working the way WE here think and know it should work according to the screen. We did however figure out the voice commands for addresses and poi’s. Plus we figured out the “where to” soft button function. Just by going through it with someone else in the truck with me gave me a chance to bounce ideas and thoughts around then also look at different things on it and also get input from them.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
... But look how big it is! FCA fix your broken equipment! Right now this is completely useless and frankly dangerous as we are trying to fiddle with this because we need to find a place. We're all paying a monthly subscription for this... We should all demand that our yearly trial starts when we actually have something to try. Please @RamCares stop ignoring this and assure every person that there is a fix immenntly!

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
... But look how big it is! FCA fix your broken equipment! Righnt now this is completely useless and frankly dangerous as we are trying to fiddle with this because we need to find a place. We're all paying a monthly subscription for this... We should all demand that our yearly trial starts when we actually have something to try. Please @RamCares stop ignoring this and assure every person that there is a fix immenntly!

:p:love: Yes it is a beautiful screen/system.

@RamCares really should be all over this being that it’s the biggest gripe on other forums also. What also sucks is that we’re using 2Q 2017 map data and I bet there is 2018 data out there that our systems should have come with.

Users who are viewing this thread