5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav offline

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Seems there is no internet connection so the Nav search is basically useless. Anyone had this issue and resolved? Thanks! Screenshot_20181217-210539_Samsung Internet.jpg

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Mines been like that since I got it. Not out of range as you can see it has full signal. Some of the other threads suggest an update will bring it online.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Mines been like that since I got it. Not out of range as you can see it has full signal. Some of the other threads suggest an update will bring it online.
Have you gotten yours fixed?

grinch72

Reaction score
I never knew it was supposed to be online! I think mine is always offline as well. Back to the dealer for another issue.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Have you gotten yours fixed?
Nothing to get fixed. If you read in here there are a few things that just don't work yet. Part of buying a first year with an all-new system. From what I read a few more updates and we will get it all working.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Patiently waiting.... Using Android Auto as for now.
It never worked and won't until they decide to make it work.
Nothing to get fixed. If you read in here there are a few things that just don't work yet. Part of buying a first year with an all-new system. From what I read a few more updates and we will get it all working.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Patiently waiting.... Using Android Auto as for now.
The only thing they did was in an update change the wording from online search to what is is now. Because when we first got our trucks it said online search and I was like many what the hell how do we make this search. I have a CTSV that has online search and its great so I expected it to be similar especially since it is connected.

The first update I got end of July I was hoping would fix it, well it did it fixed it to not say online search anymore.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Yes I posted about this as well... I ran it by the dealership and they said they had a star case open on this with chrysler i got the number but i yet have to check with chrysler what's going on there...

it makes the nav system pretty much useless as the POI data is either old or non existent, also i am having big times issues with finding street names... one workaround wich for me is a little bit of a hit and miss as well as relatively complicated is to use the uconnect app and send the destination to the vehicle.

And no i do not want to use CarPlay for navigation because it does not display the turns in the instrument cluster...

raydi07

Reaction score
Is there a forum area that we can post notes to FCA? I prefer not to use android auto or Apple Car Play (personal & company phone). I like the large 12" display and wanted it for my wife when she is using it. I have also seen some screen shots of the nav with what i assume is Sirius travel link and it shows almost like a 3D looking image with traffic and POI.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Is there a forum area that we can post notes to FCA? I prefer not to use android auto or Apple Car Play (personal & company phone). I like the large 12" display and wanted it for my wife when she is using it. I have also seen some screen shots of the nav with what i assume is Sirius travel link and it shows almost like a 3D looking image with traffic and POI.

The 3D map actually works i saw it the other day around downtown Houston. it just depends on where you are at the 3D information is only available for major downtown areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grinch72

Reaction score

3D map, traffic, poi, etc definitely work. I looked at it everyday for a while. I personally like 3D buildings off. I like to see all the streets around me. In 3D with 3D buildings, the buildings block the streets behind them. I like to see what they look like traffic wise, etc vs waiting until I come up on them and see for myself.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
3D map, traffic, poi, etc definitely work. I looked at it everyday for a while. I personally like 3D buildings off. I like to see all the streets around me. In 3D with 3D buildings, the buildings block the streets behind them. I like to see what they look like traffic wise, etc vs waiting until I come up on them and see for myself.

I disagree on poi there is some information stored on the vehicle however it’s old and incomplete it didn’t even find a major airport the other day... it happened twice to me now that I put in a poi and ended up at the wrong location because the business had moved or closed the location.
my 2015 x5 can search poi’s online and finds even the latest restaurants in small towns.

Traffic works, Siriusxm travellink works for weather and fuel prices, sports team scores / info does not show up. So seems the internet connection works it’s just not working for the nav search...

hessclark

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.. Weirdly, it seems like I remember it working correctly a couple weeks ago before I activated all of the SiriusXM Guardian, ATT hotspot, etc.. Maybe my memory is wrong but it seemed like the navigation showed 'online search' and was much easier to find POIs. Have not been able to find anyone to give me an answer yet. Ram care said it was a Navteq (HERE Maps) problem. I called them and they said to contact SiriusXM, Sirius XM said to take it to the dealer. I am traveling and can't take it to the dealer. Hoping for a fix soon.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
So my navy has finally turned into a useless piece of ****... It doesn't even find addresses anymore and send and go from the app doesn't work either so I'm solely left with Carplay which isn't an option for me

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.. Weirdly, it seems like I remember it working correctly a couple weeks ago before I activated all of the SiriusXM Guardian, ATT hotspot, etc.. Maybe my memory is wrong but it seemed like the navigation showed 'online search' and was much easier to find POIs. Have not been able to find anyone to give me an answer yet. Ram care said it was a Navteq (HERE Maps) problem. I called them and they said to contact SiriusXM, Sirius XM said to take it to the dealer. I am traveling and can't take it to the dealer. Hoping for a fix soon.

Your memory is perfectly fine. until the recent update it was online and working normal and fine. But now its a complete POS that does not load any addresses or POIs.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Has anyone recently spoken to fca or a dealer about this?

I talked to customer service ~3 weeks ago and they acknowledged the issues and confirmed to me that many are affected and that they would be working on updates but honestly it's been going rather downhill in the past few days and the situation is unacceptable at this point...

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
Has anyone recently spoken to fca or a dealer about this?

I talked to customer service ~3 weeks ago and they acknowledged the issues and confirmed to me that many are affected and that they would be working on updates but honestly it's been going rather downhill in the past few days and the situation is unacceptable at this point...

I took mine to the dealer they kept my truck for two days with no resulotion. The answer I got was "I don't know what to tell you...you can always use apple carplay..." WTF pfff I want to use my $57K 12 in infotainment screen!

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer they kept my truck for two days with no resulotion. The answer I got was "I don't know what to tell you...you can always use apple carplay..." WTF pfff I want to use my $57K 12 in infotainment screen!

Here is my answer to the carplay answer... I want to use the uconnect nav because carplay does not show turns in the dashboard and for me that's a safety issue not having to look to the right at the screen...

Users who are viewing this thread