5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav offline

Gemlin

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing.

Here is a work around:

Run the UConnect Ap on your phone

Click the "Location" in the bottom right corner (On the Ap on your phone)

Bottom of the screen says Google Search, type what you want to navigate to.

Select where you want to go, and you'll see the Pop Up on the Map that says "Send & Go". Click it.

It will send it to your 12in Uconnect Screen. You need to accept it on the touch screen (on 12in Screen) once it shows up or click the navigate (On 12in screen).

------

Other issue, if you want to Navigate on the 12in Screen, you don't type the address on the search bar. You have to click the "OTHER DESTINATIONS" on the bottom. Then Select address. Follow it thru and it will work.

Hope this helps until this gets fixed.

2019 PB

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing.

Here is a work around:

Run the UConnect Ap on your phone

Click the "Location" in the bottom right corner (On the Ap on your phone)

Bottom of the screen says Google Search, type what you want to navigate to.

Select where you want to go, and you'll see the Pop Up on the Map that says "Send & Go". Click it.

It will send it to your 12in Uconnect Screen. You need to accept it on the touch screen (on 12in Screen) once it shows up or click the navigate (On 12in screen).

------

Other issue, if you want to Navigate on the 12in Screen, you don't type the address on the search bar. You have to click the "OTHER DESTINATIONS" on the bottom. Then Select address. Follow it thru and it will work.

Hope this helps until this gets fixed.
Thx for the tips. It’s a good work around. I’m going to keep pursuing a fix. Uconnect weren’t answering my calls today.

Tinman

Reaction score
My Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn was ordered in May 2019 and delivered in June 2019. The second time I tried to use the Navigation system it would not work. Just kept going to "searching offline". What does that mean? I am trying to TYPE in the address to take me to. I'm not connected by phone or any other system that I know of. I was able to use voice one time but went back to the list for directions and it was not there. I thought the simple way was to type in (takes longer) without using the voice recognition. It just keeps saying "searching off line". The salesman tried to help me over the phone but could not understand why it was not working. The Oregon Lemon law says "reduce the vehicles use, value or safety" sure looks like the VALUE has dropped. I think that might be something to look into???? LOOKS LIKE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS....... All I know is I sure like a good navigation system. I'm so old I can never remember how to get back home after 3 weeks and a 1000 miles away. Looks like I will have to get my Magellan with free life time map updates ($150 Costco) stuck back onto the windshield........ I sure hope someone gets to the bottom of this..........................

Captain Stack

Reaction score
My dealership has gotten to the point where they just shrug their shoulders regarding the nav system not being able to find any destinations or being "offline." I use 2 work arounds: The Uconnect app works great for sending nav directions to the truck. I use this as I'm approaching the vehicle and then by the time I start the truck the directions pop up shortly there after.

The other work around is to use CarPlay. I know, I know, you have to plug your phone into the USB, but it does work flawlessly with Siri voice commands via the steering wheel and it is convenient when I'm underway. I don't have to pull over or stop to enter a new nav destination.

2019 PB

Reaction score
I‘ve been chasing this issue.

I contacted Garmin Uconnect who told me to go to dealership. Dealership said it needs an update and told me to contact Garmin.

Garmin told me to contact HERE technologies who distribute updates, and HERE told me that Garmin needs to supply them with an update.

Another call to Garmin said that an update was needed and that FCA were working on it.

After a VERY long discussion with FCA, I was told that the engineers were working on it but no ETA was available. I’ve been told 2018 models are also affected so I’m concerned that a update may take a long time. I asked FCA for a refund on the cost of the partially functioning Nav, which I would return once Nav was fixed and was told no. I asked if I could return the 2 week old truck and was told no. I asked if I could have my 2 week old truck replaced with a 2020 model that would work and was told no.

FCA are selling options on vehicles that don’t work as advertised, not telling the consumer that its a known issue before purchasing, and have no timeline for when it’ll be fixed. I totally accept and understand that updates occasionally are required to fix issues that pop up over time (eg a change in apple software requires updates from FCA to make it compatible) However, I can‘t think of another company or industry that knowingly sell defective products with no fix or compensation.

Being told by FCA that it’s OK to pay for stuff that doesn’t work with no timeline for a fix is not OK. I’m writing a consumer complaint to the government. Please do the same to hold FCA accountable and maybe light a fire under FCA‘s *** to get this fixed.

LLCoolWas

Reaction score
Just to add my name to this thread, I bought a 2020 Ram Rebel earlier this month, and the search worked twice the first two days then went completely offline. Infuriating.

TLOC

Reaction score
FIRST EVER FCA vehicle, bought my '19 Ram 12/31/19 and took it for granted that a said high PRICED option worked and worked well!! Very PISSED to read this and find mine is same way, what a HUGE POS!!! Not happy, will be contacting Ram Cares and then lawyer for Lemon Law!!!

DTenGil

Reaction score
2019 1500 limited. Same boat. First Chrysler product and sorry to say, not a good start. Must be a fundamental incompatibility for them not to have fixed it by now...

LV426

Reaction score
I just posted about this the other day (https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...hink-not-sure-whats-going-on-with-this.30287/)

In my case it came back after about two days and believe it may have had to do with switching over the accounts (Sirius/Uconnect) from the previous owner. It worked when I got the truck, then stopped working after I started to switch the services, then came back. It performed terrible also when the service was "out". I have all the free trial services still that came with the truck and I pay for the Att hotspot (added to my cellular account).

I have no idea if the Nav requires the hotspot or uses it regardless if you pay or not. It's hard to get a definitive answer on how any of these services work because Uconnect & Sirius are absolutely useless when trying to get answers, it seems like they don't even know... Yet they, beg and beg for you to keep/continue/upgrade the service.

Users who are viewing this thread