5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just got an update as I stopped the truck to go for a run. When I came back about an hour later, it was finished.
This is the first update I’ve had in almost a year.

Tested the search feature with a local neighborhood restaurant and it worked w/o issues, lightning fast by the way, much better than it used to.

59A5A419-C773-4EDF-B1BE-8262AFD20BC0.jpeg

ammdrew

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday in MN... so far no muting on Bluetooth phone....

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those getting the updates, make sure to check out a helpful pandora thread under the 12" forum on tips on getting that working.

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Mine updated last night (N0GL). Screen going blank after backing up problem went away, stereo sounds awesome (but it always has) and I can't find Pandora, but still looking at it. Online search seems to work! Cleveland, OH

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine updated last night (N0GL). Screen going blank after backing up problem went away, stereo sounds awesome (but it always has) and I can't find Pandora, but still looking at it. Online search seems to work!

Look here the the Pandora feature.

hemiguy37

Reaction score
I suspect that it has to be geographical. I bet you'll get something soon, @Bsteiner36. My update downloaded without issue in about 25 mins.
I actually wonder if it isn't by VIN number or the Uconnect system serial number. I would think that would be the only way they could ensure all vehicles are released and they could control the number of updates going at one time so as not to overload the system. If that is the case, the newer vehicles might have gone first, where those like us who purchased early get it last. I bought back in 2018, so at the bottom of the list.

Just my guess.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually wonder if it isn't by VIN number or the Uconnect system serial number. I would think that would be the only way they could ensure all vehicles are released and they could control the number of updates going at one time so as not to overload the system. If that is the case, the newer vehicles might have gone first, where those like us who purchased early get it last. I bought back in 2018, so at the bottom of the list.

Just my guess.
When I spoke to Uconnect they mentioned "regional rollout" but you might be right, it may also be factored on VIN because it seems as if a lot of 2020's got it over the 2019's first.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine updated last night (N0GL). Screen going blank after backing up problem went away, stereo sounds awesome (but it always has) and I can't find Pandora, but still looking at it. Online search seems to work! Cleveland, OH
Yss, I am sure the equalizer settings were changed. I had mine up to +7 (the update kept that setting) and when I played a deep bass track I was getting serious vibration in the back and I had to scale it down.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine updated today after having it replaced with a new 12 inch display by the dealer a few weeks back
Austin TX

613b1cb9e3bc7cc3e6e276fe191c6c54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yours is no longer a N0GL :cautious: Lucky you

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score

Just my guess.
I do not believe this is VIN based as i just had my 12 inch screen replaced about 4 weeks ago and I know my radio is not linked to my VIN (a I am now getting sirius stations i am not subscribed to ... must be back on the trial) I just received an update as posted above yesterday. My HW number is very different to most I have seen posted here (NFFL) and i am now on the 19.43.01 SW
I guess those waiting will be situation normal

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not believe this is VIN based as i just had my 12 inch screen replaced about 4 weeks ago and I know my radio is not linked to my VIN (a I am now getting sirius stations i am not subscribed to ... must be back on the trial) I just received an update as posted above yesterday. My HW number is very different to most I have seen posted here (NFFL) and i am now on the 19.43.01 SW
I guess those waiting will be situation normal
As I stated above, your radio is no longer a N0GL, so your update is on a different schedule. this thread is specifically for those who are stuck with an older radio.

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score
As I stated above, your radio is no longer a N0GL, so your update is on a different schedule. this thread is specifically for those who are stuck with an older radio.
Understood re HW number
the message I was sharing was the connection to VIN as i know that my VIN is still linked to an old radio
I was just trying to share information and experience i have that seemed related to the question/statement with the exception of HW version
maybe i am totally wrong maybe i am not just sharing

Belce

Reaction score
I called the dealership and made arrangements to take it in today regarding the missing backup camera. When I started it this morning the backup camera was working correctly.n SO given a bit of time it self corrected.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Understood re HW number
the message I was sharing was the connection to VIN as i know that my VIN is still linked to an old radio
I was just trying to share information and experience i have that seemed related to the question/statement with the exception of HW version
maybe i am totally wrong maybe i am not just sharing
[/QUOTE

that is possible. I am assuming each hardware version requires a specific update, but that is only a guess. Either of us could be correct, or neither
o_O

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Mine updated this morning after a 10 min drive to work. Went out to the parking lot after a couple hours and it was done. Didn’t lose any presets that I could see. I’ll see if the cameras and stuff work tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread