5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

thisisbullshiz

Reaction score
Update happened yesterday for me. I can't vouch for the Bluetooth issues as of yet, but the super slow / stuttering channel changes for media are fixed for me.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Wow that is great news! Drove mine for four hours yesterday until around noon and have an 8 hour drive tomorrow so maybe I will get lucky then.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I’m wondering if you need to be in a GOOD AT&T cell coverage area to get this OTA. No you don’t have to have a data package active but I believe they’re pushing it over the cell towers. For myself I live in an area where I had to switch from at&t after 20 years with them due little to no at&t coverage. If that’s the case some of us are going to be screwed for this update without dealership intervention.

thisisbullshiz

Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't check. I had just come home from Costa Rica and was ready to crash after food. I'll report back on this part tomorrow.

Buck

Reaction score
Update happened yesterday for me. I can't vouch for the Bluetooth issues as of yet, but the super slow / stuttering channel changes for media are fixed for me.
Hoe about voice command for nav the only trouble I have is online nav and voice nav

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Spent almost the entire day in the truck in and out of it and no notice today.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing here 400 miles this weekend
I apologize if this is a dumb question but does the truck need to be driven to get the prompt for the update or would it still appear if you just started it to check?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am in a very good att coverage area and I have no received the update. I also have the in car wifi purchased. I drove around today and did not get any prompts.

Neokane

Reaction score
So.. upgraded to a new galaxy s20.. Bluetooth still dropped on this morning. So definitely not the phone.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went mute while talking to my wife last night. She's used to it now and knows its the Ram and not me being a #@*&!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Hate to be a downer here - but if the maps are still 2017 - who cares about online search?

I think I may have "looked at" the factory NAV ONCE (hit the button BY ACCIDENT). Android or Apple Carplay - Google Maps (satellite view) on top, Music on bottom.

Google maps uses GOOGLE for voice searches (has worked perfect since DAY ONE) - gives more accurate traffic (creepy, but everyone with a mobile connected to google gets movements tracked for traffic). While it may be problematic for areas with no cell signal - I have CoPilot with Offline Maps (that actually DO GET UPDATED).

The update (that got pushed down for me last weekend) did seem to solve a couple of other issues - until they update the internal maps on the factory NAV, it's nearly useless anyways. Especially in areas undergoing rapid growth (like all the new construction here in South Florida). What good is "online search", when the installed map doesn't even have the street (that was built subsequent to 2017) in it's database?

Since the base operating system for most factory (and aftermarket) in-dash systems is ANDROID ANYWAYS - why couldn't manufacturers just leverage (or license) Google Maps and be done with it? (Apple Maps has gotten slightly better, but you still might end up in the Gobi Desert, while trying to get to the Dominoes PIzza down the block).

My $.02

Again - the update seems to have resolved a couple of issues - but the factory Nav really fell short for me - especially in a $70K, fully loaded Limited...

Rick

Neokane

Reaction score
Would be nice if we could us AA full screen.. but I am sure that will NEVER happen.. I too use AA, but wish I could use YouTube music on bottom while Google maps is on top.

Buck

Reaction score
Hate to be a downer here - but if the maps are still 2017 - who cares about online search?

I think I may have "looked at" the factory NAV ONCE (hit the button BY ACCIDENT). Android or Apple Carplay - Google Maps (satellite view) on top, Music on bottom.

Google maps uses GOOGLE for voice searches (has worked perfect since DAY ONE) - gives more accurate traffic (creepy, but everyone with a mobile connected to google gets movements tracked for traffic). While it may be problematic for areas with no cell signal - I have CoPilot with Offline Maps (that actually DO GET UPDATED).

The update (that got pushed down for me last weekend) did seem to solve a couple of other issues - until they update the internal maps on the factory NAV, it's nearly useless anyways. Especially in areas undergoing rapid growth (like all the new construction here in South Florida). What good is "online search", when the installed map doesn't even have the street (that was built subsequent to 2017) in it's database?

Since the base operating system for most factory (and aftermarket) in-dash systems is ANDROID ANYWAYS - why couldn't manufacturers just leverage (or license) Google Maps and be done with it? (Apple Maps has gotten slightly better, but you still might end up in the Gobi Desert, while trying to get to the Dominoes PIzza down the block).

My $.02

Again - the update seems to have resolved a couple of issues - but the factory Nav really fell short for me - especially in a $70K, fully loaded Limited...

Rick
Nav works on ordnance same as online so it is still a improvement

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be nice if we could us AA full screen.. but I am sure that will NEVER happen.. I too use AA, but wish I could use YouTube music on bottom while Google maps is on top.
I downloaded YouTube Music app and use it all the time in AA along with Google Map.

Users who are viewing this thread