5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but i've never bought window deflectors for any of my vehicles purely because I worry that they would get ripped off or damaged in a non-touchless carwash. Anyone have experience with this, or would running through a car wash be a non-factor?
Never had any issues with mine. Been through about 5 times on a touchless car wash. It is sort of a pain drying off the windows under the deflector.

John

Reaction score
Interesting benefits for these deflectors. I have always thought they were mainly for smokers!

John

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Just tried installing mine (started with the fronts since those are easier). Driver's side went in fine, window seats up there properly, but the passenger side is a complete no go. Window reverses as soon as it gets up there where the visor is in the channel. Instructions tell you to pull away from the window on the bottom of the visor and roll up the window five times. Have done that, still not enough room in that channel for both the window and the visor. UGH!

I'm not going to bother putting the back on until I can figure out a fix for the fronts. This is the second mopar accessory in a row that doesn't fit right. Not blown away by the quality of the accessories so far....

B

Briencrotty

Reaction score
No problem with the auto window feature at all.
I wish I could say the same. The top seal on my passenger side was so tight there was no way that the auto window feature would work. Every time you rolled them up, it would reverse automatically, even after more than 20 - 30 up/down cycles.

Anyone have any ideas before I junk the idea and return them?

Thanks!

B

JohnUSA

Reaction score
I installed the fronts, and the windows would not go all the way up...auto reverse down. It took many tries with starting the window up, and sandwiching the window between the palms of my hands to help it up. Grudgingly, the window eventually seated up, and the passenger side was a total bearcat to get fully up. I hypothesized that if left alone for awhile, the weather stripping would "adapt" to the intruder. I also installed them on a cool day, maybe 55f. About a month later, I opened the driver side window, and thought "oh, crap, I wonder if it will go up by itself...."...it did go up, and did not auto reverse. Has been working fine. No extra noise notice, either. Today was a pretty warm day, and left all four windows cracked about half an inch when wife and I went to lunch. What a difference it made. No more oppressive heat in the cab.

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
Installed my Mopar Vent Visors yesterday. Very easy install, I was done in about 20 mins. At first I could not get my front windows to go up automatically. I cycled them many times. I figured that these trucks have very tight tolerances and that visor just needed time to seat and stretch everything out. So I inched the windows up and left them overnight. First thing this morning both windows were working fine with auto up. Rears have been fine since installed. I think installing these in warmer weather will help them seat quicker. The do have a very slight wind noise when the windows are up at higher speeds but I only hear it with the radio off. Certainly not a deal breaker, I love them.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but i've never bought window deflectors for any of my vehicles purely because I worry that they would get ripped off or damaged in a non-touchless carwash. Anyone have experience with this, or would running through a car wash be a non-factor?

Ran with window deflector/visors for years and took my vehicles through the car wash many times (touchless to non-touchless to people using the broom brushes). Never ever had an issue with damage or them being ripped off my vehicle.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Just did this the other day. If you read the instructions in their entirety it does say to cycle the windows 5 times while pulling the visor out. Then to let the windows sit closed for 24 hours.

This is to help shape the visors and allow the windows to function correctly.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Just did this the other day. If you read the instructions in their entirety it does say to cycle the windows 5 times while pulling the visor out. Then to let the windows sit closed for 24 hours.

This is to help shape the visors and allow the windows to function correctly.

What does "when pulling the visors out" mean? Like let the window cycle to close and at the same time pull visor down or completely out of channel?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
What does "when pulling the visors out" mean? Like let the window cycle to close and at the same time pull visor down or completely out of channel?

Pulling the visor away to allow the windows to function. When you first install the visors your windows will not auto close correctly because of the friction from the new visors. You have to pull the visor out a little to give the window room.

It's at the bottom of the instructions for the front visors and the rear visors.

ramhead

Reaction score
I just called Weathertech customer service inquiring about the status of their visors for the new style Rams.....was told that "they're not showing anything yet" and have no idea of release date/timeframe. I was hoping to hold out for them as based on past experience they seemed best but with hot summer days here I may have to go with the Mopar ones.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just called Weathertech customer service inquiring about the status of their visors for the new style Rams.....was told that "they're not showing anything yet" and have no idea of release date/timeframe. I was hoping to hold out for them as based on past experience they seemed best but with hot summer days here I may have to go with the Mopar ones.
The MOPAR ones are really nice. I actually think they are better than the Weather Techs that I had for my wife's 2015 Journey. I don't think that you'll be disappointed by the MOPAR visors.

ramhead

Reaction score
The MOPAR ones are really nice. I actually think they are better than the Weather Techs that I had for my wife's 2015 Journey. I don't think that you'll be disappointed by the MOPAR visors.

Yeah....and another nice thing is they'd have a hard time claiming no warranty coverage if a window problem resulted since it's official Mopar......someone upthread or on another thread was saying another brand ("AVS??) had caused issues with pushing out or deforming the factory door weatherstripping.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you all for the posts, that's one accessory I will likely try. Appreciate all the "early adopter" info that you have provided!

BlckDT

Reaction score
Purchased and got my Crew Cab Mopar Window deflectors. They look great! Love the RAM logo on the fronts. Had a heck of a time messing with those rear deflector clips and rivets. I actually lost 2 of them and decided to forgo installing them. If the visors lose grip from the sticky then I’ll try to get replacement clips/rivets (anyone know their part number?). But so far all holds well and fronts auto close without issue.

9489B45E-6D8C-451F-A82C-8A54BB9EC23F.jpeg

74B73FF5-0D7C-445A-B42C-20F7BC23D41B.jpeg

0176BFA2-704A-4D50-B762-8339D564A094.jpeg

SSN765

Reaction score
Does anyone have a complete copy of the install instruction for crew cab? Just opened the box and only have page 1 and 2. Guess I'll just take a nap instead of installing!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Any issues with not having the clips on the rear deflectors? And I am to understand that the front deflectors do not have clips, correct?

BlckDT

Reaction score
Any issues with not having the clips on the rear deflectors? And I am to understand that the front deflectors do not have clips, correct?

I have yet to have an issue. Been through a couple heavy rain storms with the windows cracked for air. Also always drive with the rear windows cracked to reduce any cabin air noise when my fronts are opened.

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

Users who are viewing this thread