5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

Highlander_1

Reaction score
This morning I visited my Chrysler dealer wanting a set of Mopar shades . They had a set of in-track window vents they couldn't installed on a new Ram because the window would not go up all the way. NOW if you see the edges shaved thinner they may work..
I asked to see their window shades and noticed the in-track edge is thicker than my Weather Tech off my 2016 Ram. I didn't purchase them and will wait until Weather tech have them my 2019 Ram Limited

soedog

Reaction score
This morning I visited my Chrysler dealer wanting a set of Mopar shades . They had a set of in-track window vents they couldn't installed on a new Ram because the window would not go up all the way. NOW if you see the edges shaved thinner they may work..
I asked to see their window shades and noticed the in-track edge is thicker than my Weather Tech off my 2016 Ram. I didn't purchase them and will wait until Weather tech have them my 2019 Ram Limited
Fortunately I did not have this issue. I have only used Weathertechs in the past but they are still in development for 5th Gen (non classic) Rams and decided to give the Mopar a try.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Perhaps some of the issues people are reporting are why they pulled them from their site. Maybe a bad batch. I'm sure they will bring them back soon.

You can still find them on some websites, but some will say "discontinued" and the official Mopar site has pulled them.

Highlander_1

Reaction score
Fortunately I did not have this issue. I have only used Weathertechs in the past but they are still in development for 5th Gen (non classic) Rams and decided to give the Mopar a try.

I suspect your shades edges maybe thinner simular to Weather Tech. Mechanics at the garage could not make the window go up with the installed mopar shades so removed them, I almost bought them but seeing how thick the edge was changed my mind. I took pictures of my old weather tech shades and the edge going in the window track are only as thick as a dime’s edge.. you can see the edges are shaved to half the shade thickness.

Attachments

• 8DDE67E7-A982-49E9-A84E-3476050C2024.jpeg
    8DDE67E7-A982-49E9-A84E-3476050C2024.jpeg
    710.9 KB · Views: 278
  • D4FB9FBF-13A1-4D22-A7BE-B4D99F66E7A2.jpeg
    D4FB9FBF-13A1-4D22-A7BE-B4D99F66E7A2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 279
  • BC95B078-5811-4A2B-BDE8-F2CE6E1C95CB.jpeg
    BC95B078-5811-4A2B-BDE8-F2CE6E1C95CB.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 270

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I had originally installed a set of US Visors on my truck, but found recently that the power fold mirrors hit them when folding. Was at the dealership today, and asked if they might, by some stroke of luck, have some of the Mopar Visors in stock....and lo and behold, they did have ONE set in stock. The parts guy wasn't even sure they were available, but checked the system, and saw that he had a set. Anyway, I asked to see them, and they are cut out for the power fold mirrors. Not that big of a deal, and probably not really worth the $100 price, since I already had the others installed, but I bit and bought them. Installed them tonight, and they look fine. Not sure why it matters to me, but I sort of like having the RAM logo on them, and I certainly like the fact that the mirrors don't hit. The little plastic rivets weren't too bad to install once I figured out how to put the clips in the rubber seal.

Anyway, I think they look good, and now the mirrors don't hit.

Lize

Reaction score
Good feedback thanks, I am thinking of getting these Mopar ones.
I'd have been dissatisfied with a set that the mirror hit too.

kingkasc

Reaction score
HaHa I thought I was the only one that wanted the ram logo! Anyone know if the hood deflector has the logo also?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have always put AVS Window Deflectors on all of my vehicles, but after reading this post, I'm ordering the Mopar Window Deflectors. Looks like the fit and finish is much cleaner and no issues with Folding mirrors. It will be worth the extra money.
Great Post!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, Guys. I'm about to install the matte black OEM hood deflector and I'm wondering if the OEM window deflectors are also matte black.

In the pics in the original post in this thread, the deflectors appear to be more shiny and not matte black. But the OEM deflectors in the link below do appear to be matte black, which would match my matte black hood deflector.

https://moparonlineparts.com/1500-window-deflector-crew-p-8899.html

And I've also attached the pic of the window deflector from the ad.

Any thoughts? Maybe they come in a shiny version and in matte black?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Window Deflector.jpg
    Window Deflector.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 104

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put the Mopar Window Deflectors on two days ago. Nice fit and finish and no interference with the folding mirrors. There is a very slight increase in wind noise when the windows are up; but not enough that I would take them off. They are great with the windows down and make for a much more comfortable driving experience.

I have always put AVS Window Deflectors on all of my vehicles, but after reading this post, I'm ordering the Mopar Window Deflectors. Looks like the fit and finish is much cleaner and no issues with Folding mirrors. It will be worth the extra money.
Great Post!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put the Mopar Window Deflectors on two days ago. Nice fit and finish and no interference with the folding mirrors. There is a very slight increase in wind noise when the windows are up; but not enough that I would take them off. They are great with the windows down and make for a much more comfortable driving experience.
Billy James - are the Mopar window deflectors more of a matte black, or are they a shiny, dark tint?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its a semi-gloss dark tinted plastic. Its not real shiny; but it definitely is not matte.
Okay. Thanks. Just wondering if they would be a pretty close match to matte black OEM hood deflector. From this pic of them on the Moparonlineparts website, it looks like they would match pretty well.

Attachments

• Window Deflector.jpg
    Window Deflector.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
I wonder if these are harder to install on a Limited with that chrome trim covering the rubber window trim. I would think they are less flexible.

NorthCountryEvo

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but i've never bought window deflectors for any of my vehicles purely because I worry that they would get ripped off or damaged in a non-touchless carwash. Anyone have experience with this, or would running through a car wash be a non-factor?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if these are harder to install on a Limited with that chrome trim covering the rubber window trim. I would think they are less flexible.
My Laramie has the Chrome trim...no problems. For the fronts; they just sort of slide into the window channel. On the backs you have to pull the window molding out of the channel to install the brackets. Both front and back were really easy to install.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
My Laramie has the Chrome trim...no problems. For the fronts; they just sort of slide into the window channel. On the backs you have to pull the window molding out of the channel to install the brackets. Both front and back were really easy to install.
This may be a stupid question, but how did you get the back molding pulled out? I tugged on it a bit and it wouldn’t budge.

Thanks,

B

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but how did you get the back molding pulled out? I tugged on it a bit and it wouldn’t budge.

Thanks,

B
It just pulls right down. Once you get it started; it comes out pretty easy. The part that you take out is the rubber window surround molding.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
It just pulls right down. Once you get it started; it comes out pretty easy. The part that you take out is the rubber window surround molding.
Thanks Billy. I'll give that one a shot today. I was nervous to tug on it too hard, as I didn't want to rip it.

B

Users who are viewing this thread