5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar exhaust vs corsa sport

gthomas719

Reaction score
So any suggestions on what to do with the old stock exhaust now that it’s been replaced with the Corsa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I ordered my corsa sport at the end of August from CSPRacing. It is now the end of September and no parts. Not even an order update. Sent the company a follow up status request last night. Hopefully I'll get some good news.
Womp womp.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Corsa exhaust has been on back ordered everywhere. I believe the eta was sept 12 however it may have been delayed. I actually got one of the last ones in the country from summit racing that was in stock.

I was told that during the start of covid, corsa ran a rebate sale when people started to get stimulus checks. Which is why they ran out of their inventory. Not sure how true that is.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
They sent me an update. Looks like October 14th...maybe. Gotta have patience.

gthomas719

Reaction score
Corsa exhaust has been on back ordered everywhere. I believe the eta was sept 12 however it may have been delayed. I actually got one of the last ones in the country from summit racing that was in stock.

I was told that during the start of covid, corsa ran a rebate sale when people started to get stimulus checks. Which is why they ran out of their inventory. Not sure how true that is.

They did have a rebate sale but mine still took over a month to arrive. They missed three shipping dates before I finally called the company to find out what was going on. Turns out they were waiting on the black tips to arrive and they were scheduled to be there that morning. They actually called me back about 30 minutes later to tell me that they had arrived and my order was shipping that afternoon.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
For those with an OEM resonator ahead of the muffler, would you mind telling me the length? From weld on the inlet to weld on the outlet. Thanks in advance!

... asking for a friend ... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

gthomas719

Reaction score
For those with an OEM resonator ahead of the muffler, would you mind telling me the length? From weld on the inlet to weld on the outlet? Hoping it's in the neighborhood of 13-14"... Thanks in advance!

... asking for a friend ... :ROFLMAO:

b2b69ad93b957d7e2ad910765d392508.jpg

gthomas719

Reaction score
You are the best! Thank you! Looks like the resonator is around 13 inches in length Thank you, again! :giggle:

No problem, and if you mess something up I know where you can get a replacement cheap!

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Finally got my Corsa delivered and installed. Install was pretty straightforward. I have video clips of my Carven Cut and Clamp (cold and warm starts) and I will make the same videos tomorrow and upload to youtube.

First impressions:
Exhaust note - perfect
Sound level - much lower than expected
In cab sound - almost non-existent, unless you really get on it
Build quality - appears top notch

This is the 4th Ram I have owned, and by far the quietest. Doesn't seem to matter what I throw on there. Even running straight out the resonator (no muffler, no rear resonators, nothing past the first reso) it seems very mild. I had flowmaster 40 series on my 03 six cylinder that sounded louder than this. The magnaflow on my 05 5.7L sounded like a race car in comparison. My last option will be to remove that first reso, but I really don't see that having much effect on the overall sound.

Last edited:

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Finally got my Corsa delivered and installed. Install was pretty straightforward. I have video clips of my Carven Cut and Clamp (cold and warm starts) and I will make the same videos tomorrow and upload to youtube.

First impressions:
Exhaust note - perfect

This is the 4th Ram I have owned, and by far the quietest. Doesn't seem to matter what I throw on there. Even running straight out the resonator (no muffler, no rear resonators, nothing past the first reso) it seems very mild. I had flowmaster 40 series on my 03 six cylinder that sounded louder than this. The magnaflow on my 05 5.7L sounded like a race car in comparison. My last option will be to remove that first reso, but I really don't see that having much affect on the overall sound.

I had the same impressions although I’m probably 1500 miles into the exhaust and it has gotten somewhat louder than when I originally had it installed. Still perfect sound level and tone to me.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
You may be surprised how much that front resonator mellows the sound. The corsa set on the Pentastar without a resonator was loud and harsh. A small bottle resonator ahead of the muffler like on the Hemis - just perfect. So the opposite might be needed in your case! :LOL:

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score

First impressions:
Exhaust note - perfect

This is the 4th Ram I have owned, and by far the quietest. Doesn't seem to matter what I throw on there. Even running straight out the resonator (no muffler, no rear resonators, nothing past the first reso) it seems very mild. I had flowmaster 40 series on my 03 six cylinder that sounded louder than this. The magnaflow on my 05 5.7L sounded like a race car in comparison. My last option will be to remove that first reso, but I really don't see that having much effect on the overall sound.
The front resonator delete would definitely make it a little louder and more aggressive, I’m happy I deleted mine. I think most of your thoughts around the exhaust being quiet is due to the interiors of the 5th hens being so quiet. My 4th gen sounded way louder in the cab, but my 5th gen is def louder outside of the cab

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I appreciate the advice from everyone. I'll give it a bit and see if some miles warm the sound up any.
Eventually I'll look to straight pipe that section with the reso. For now, it's fine.

Shiznit87

Reaction score
Yeah it definitely seems random as to who gets a resonator. Also looks like you don’t have nuts at your bolts there at the connection. If anyone feels that their exhaust is too loud and wants to swap with mine that has the resonator, feel free to let me know lol

The reason there are "missing nuts" is because the flange is threaded and there is no need for a nut.

Shiznit87

Reaction score
I picked up my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 this past Thursday. That night I ordered my Proclip phone mount and a Corsa Sport with Black Cerakote tips. Other mods to be done in the next couple months are Ceramic Tint all around and Spray-in bedliner.

Are there any requests regarding the install of any of these products? (i.e.- how to, fitment, sound, quality, what-ifs, etc.)

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Decided to pick up the resonator delete to go with the Corsa. And finally got around to putting the cold start video together comparing the Carven Cut & Clamp, Corsa Sport, and Corsa Sport with Resonator Delete.

EEnginerd

Reaction score
I have Corsa Sports on my C6 Vette. I'm very happy with them. I'll probably do the same on the Ram when funds allow.
Lol. I had the Corsa on my C6 Grandsport, as well! The dual mode OEM was too quite at low RPMs and too loud at high RPMs. The Corsa was perfect. If I do upgrade, it would be to the Corsa system.

Users who are viewing this thread