5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar exhaust vs corsa sport

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
no resonator in front of my 2020 either
I had made a post about it and it seems purely random as to why some did and some didnt View attachment 66447

Yeah it definitely seems random as to who gets a resonator. Also looks like you don’t have nuts at your bolts there at the connection. If anyone feels that their exhaust is too loud and wants to swap with mine that has the resonator, feel free to let me know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Part numbers 68268200AB vs. 68268214AB on moparautpartsdirect.com. Prices are approx $50 cheaper for this piece than the corsa front resonator delete

I also found part # 68268207AB on another site. They all look the same in the diagrams. I'm not looking at replacing my exhaust any time soon, but you guys have me intrigued with all of this. Going to have to dig into these part numbers...
Capture.JPG

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also found part # 68268207AB on another site that looks the same in the diagrams. I'm not looking at replacing my exhaust any time soon, but you guys have me intrigued with all of this. Going to have to dig into these part numbers...
View attachment 66519

Yup, definitely confusion, and no clarification from any of these websites. Thanks for looking into it tho and vetting what I found, let us know if you’re able to find more than what I was!

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I found so far... two sites (Mopar America and Tasca Parts) list these differences. The pipes must be slightly different lengths?
Their diagrams for 68268200AB are different than other sites as well; they show no resonator, where as the other two part #s are the same picture, showing a resonator.

68268200AB - Quad Cab
4b385f1cf32c7b508d2190a11f386320.png

68268207AB - Crew Cab, 5.7' bed
68268214AB - Crew Cab, 6.4' bed
5d62dc42ac95a7d88eceaa0140f269d9.png

All that said, those two sites also have their wheel bases off... they list 153.5" for the short bed, and 144.5" for the medium bed, so that is wrong/reversed. Makes me wonder if the part numbers for short vs medium are reversed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I found so far... two sites (Mopar America and Tasca Parts) list these differences. The pipes must be slightly different lengths?
Their diagrams for 68268200AB are different than other sites as well; they show no resonator, where as the other two part #s are the same picture, showing a resonator.

68268200AB - Quad Cab
4b385f1cf32c7b508d2190a11f386320.png

68268207AB - Crew Cab, 5.7' bed
68268214AB - Crew Cab, 6.4' bed
5d62dc42ac95a7d88eceaa0140f269d9.png

All that said, those two sites also have their wheel bases off... they list 153.5" for the short bed, and 144.5" for the medium bed, so that is wrong/reversed. Makes me wonder if the part numbers for short vs medium are reversed.
The numbers may be reversed, but this is what I was thinking...just depends on length!

badpewterz

Reaction score
The numbers may be reversed, but this is what I was thinking...just depends on length!
that kinda makes sense as the muffler back parts are all the same. as for the pipes other than the with or without resonator issue
quad cab
crew 5ft bed
crew 6ft bed

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i've seen that picture the above part no. 68268200AB listed as the mid pipe/pipe extender for the 4th gens/2019+ classic. Makes sense cause 4th gens dont have the mid pipe resonator that some of us do. I thought it was the piece we would be looking for, but i realized that im pretty sure it's for fourth gens. But maybe the listing is incorrect? I also could be reading it wrong

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
2020 here WITH the resonator.
I really wonder how much difference there is between res delete and stock res.
Currently I have the Carven Cut & Clamp, which sounds good, but is not really what I am looking for. I want that deep rumble.
I found this video that pretty much sealed the deal for me, and he says in the comments that he did not do the res delete. I wonder if his even has the stock resonator as we are seeing in this thread. Maybe I will leave a comment and see if he replies. Video is over a year old.

Attachments

• 20200826_135428.jpg
    20200826_135428.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 55

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 here WITH the resonator.
I really wonder how much difference there is between res delete and stock res.
Currently I have the Carven Cut & Clamp, which sounds good, but is not really what I am looking for. I want that deep rumble.
I found this video that pretty much sealed the deal for me, and he says in the comments that he did not do the res delete. I wonder if his even has the stock resonator as we are seeing in this thread. Maybe I will leave a comment and see if he replies. Video is over a year old.
i should have the corsa front resonator delete soon for my truck, ill have a before and after to show you guys the difference (hopefully its noticeable).

this is currently how my truck sounds with the front oem resonator installed, B2 fabrication's aggressive muffler replacement, and rear resonator deletes.
The corsa sport vs extreme sounds like a very noticeable difference to me, so i cant imagine that we wouldnt have the same result with other set ups. The REAR resonators make a huge difference once removed, sometimes its confusing which resonators people are referring to in videos etc. It'd be great to ask that guy if he has the OEM front resonator or not. Ill comment and ask lol

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Ok, I'll keep an eye out for your comment and if he responds.
But your comment here brought up another question for me. Are there two models for the corsa? I'm only seeing the sport model (21035 and 21036) on Corsa's site and the various aftermarket sites I've visited. Is there an extreme version? Or is that just what they call it when you add the res delete pipe?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But your comment here brought up another question for me. Are there two models for the corsa? I'm only seeing the sport model (21035 and 21036) on Corsa's site and the various aftermarket sites I've visited. Is there an extreme version? Or is that just what they call it when you add the res delete pipe?

yup you're exactly right - the "sport" corsa catback is their only catback they offer. You then would add the corsa front resonator delete pipe. That would then turn your "sport" system into their "extreme" system. The long bed crew cab 1500 has a different part number for the front resonator delete pipe.

I'll let you know if i hear anything back on the youtube video.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also part number 21035 is for trucks with dual exhaust out the back, and 21036 is for trucks without the dual cutouts in the rear bumper

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score

dude on youtube still has the oem front resonator on his truck

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you know? Could you see it in the video? I know he mentions in the comments he didn't remove it, but I'm wondering if he, like some people on this thread, never had the front res.

I left a comment and he confirmed just now, you should be able to see what he wrote back to me under the one comment

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Oh, ha ha, cool. Thanks! Didn't expect him to respond so fast.

I guess that cements it. I'll be putting one on order tonight, without the res delete. He's right, over $200 for a straight pipe is kinda crazy.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, ha ha, cool. Thanks! Didn't expect him to respond so fast.

I guess that cements it. I'll be putting one on order tonight, without the res delete. He's right, over $200 for a straight pipe is kinda crazy.

Yup for sure, excited to hear it. Should fit really nicely and won’t rust at least for that price. Let me know how you like yours!! I’ll share my thoughts on mine too once it gets here. Super excited lol

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Mopar is made by Borla and ii is IMG_20200825_082918.jpg s type. Borla S type was too lound for me installed a small resonator next to stock resonator. Nice v8 exhaust notes minus drone and crackle under heavy foot.

gthomas719

Reaction score
Im assuming you did the exhaust install plus resonator delete at the same time?

how loud would you say your setup is? Any more Videos
I would say that it is not overly loud. At idle and normal driving there is a nice deep tone but not loud. When you step on the gas is when they really sing!

I could try to make another video if there is one in particular that you would like to see/hear.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the corsa front resonator delete. It made the tone of my exhaust “clearer”. It turned the volume up just a touch, nothing crazy. A little bit more “gurgle” under idle. Definitely would get again! Drone hasn’t increased from what I can tell

Users who are viewing this thread