5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar exhaust vs corsa sport

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont understand the need for the delete pipe, on my truck its just a pipe no resonator,
You don’t have this resonator in front of your muffler? It’s right after the Y pipe. It’s basically the beginning of the “catback”. This is the section that the corsa front resonator delete would be replacing. I’ve seen some guys saying they don’t have this resonator on their oem exhausts either and I’m really curious if that’s true or if they just didn’t notice it. Can’t imagine some exhausts wouldn’t have it while others do. OP should check to see if his has it before he buys it, but I’m imagining he definitely has it
B5C4EB58-B88A-4C1D-B561-D30105439A9D.jpeg

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if recall at one time the mopar exhaust was made by corsa.
I’ve heard the current one is made by Borla now, it’s basically the Borla s type. Definitely likely that mopar doesn’t actually make their own exhausts and they outsource it using another company

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard the current one is made by Borla now, it’s basically the Borla s type. Definitely likely that mopar doesn’t actually make their own exhausts and they outsource it using another company
@PorBoy has had everything except Corsa, and he’s told me the Mopar quiets down more than the Borla. He can correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve been having a tough time deciding between Mopar, Borla (S-type or Touring), or Corsa.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@PorBoy has had everything except Corsa, and he’s told me the Mopar quiets down more than the Borla. He can correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve been having a tough time deciding between Mopar, Borla (S-type or Touring), or Corsa.
Gotcha thanks, just relaying what others have said on the forum but I probably shouldn’t be passing this along for certain because I’ve never ran either of them lol. Can’t go wrong with any of these tho!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had two BORLA both Touring and the S type, plus two Mopar performance catback. Not to mention my other ones that I never listed lol. The Mopar one is loud upon start up and then smooths out quickly as neither of my Borla did that. Also the reason for the Mopar vs Borla for me was again the Mopar passed the wifey test. Well that was until we found we would be rolling hard back and forth from NJ to NC. But now that I am oem again, we use her Outback to do that run..

mopar mark

Reaction score
Yes its got the 5.7, believe the hole is threaded so no nut is needed, on my 2019 ram my carven cut and clamp muffler used a nut and bolt

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes its got the 5.7, believe the hole is threaded so no nut is needed, on my 2019 ram my carven cut and clamp muffler used a nut and bolt
Mines a 5.7 too... maybe it’s something they changed since yours is a 2020 model? Mines a 2019. I’m assuming there’s no muffler packing material in that pipe, just looks like a standard straight pipe

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And @Bwsteg has a point - I read on a different thread today that some trucks rolled out of the factory with nuts missing on that connection. Both my bolts at that connection have nuts

dreinert

Reaction score
Porboy - Any feedback on the “drone” differences between Mopar and Corsa around 60-75mph? Is there an exhaust you’ve had that you’d say has the least drone other than stock?

Thanks,

Dallas

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can not comment on the Corsa for the 5th gen as I have not had that one.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I took a look under the truck this morning and noticed that it seems I don’t have a resonator either. Can someone comfirm this by the pic and does this mean if I switch to the corsa resonator, sound wouldn’t increase?

Attachments

• 1A96AFEC-40A8-4C6A-98BD-2598976DAD3A.jpeg
    1A96AFEC-40A8-4C6A-98BD-2598976DAD3A.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 109

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took a look under the truck this morning and noticed that it seems I don’t have a resonator either. Can someone comfirm this by the pic and does this mean if I switch to the corsa resonator, sound wouldn’t increase?
i would imagine that sound wouldnt increase since you already dont have the resonator. I guess the only way to be 100% sure is to take a look inside it but id be surprised if anythings in there given how it looks. i've been looking all over online at 5th gen exhaust diagrams from mopar parts distributors, and they all show the little resonator that i have. There seem to be two different part numbers for this piece (they refer to it as a "pipe" extender). They are a few dollars different in price, so im guessing one has the resonator and one doesnt, but the diagrams show them both having a resonator, so im thinking ill call around to figure this out. You can also see that they list different trim levels for which trucks they belong on, but there's overlap. Part numbers 68268200AB vs. 68268214AB on moparautpartsdirect.com. Prices are approx $50 cheaper for this piece than the corsa front resonator delete

badpewterz

Reaction score
no resonator in front of my 2020 either
I had made a post about it and it seems purely random as to why some did and some didnt 20200731_184228.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread