5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar exhaust vs corsa sport

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m just about ready to order my exhaust for 2020 laramie 5.7 with e torque. Just wondering to those who’ve had experience with both, which of the two systems is louder/quieter during cold start, Idle, etc. Also which has the more distinct exhaust note (even though I know it’s subjective). Thanks to all.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following. I just ordered Mopar black 5” exhaust tips, 1” bigger than stock. Looking forward to how it looks & sounds...

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Following. I just ordered Mopar black 5” exhaust tips, 1” bigger than stock. Looking forward to how it looks & sounds...
Any particular reason why you went with the mopar exhaust?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any particular reason why you went with the mopar exhaust?

Really the only reason is to keep my truck as OEM as possible, just a preference of mine. The Mopar black tips are really nice, and the price was reasonable ($300). I especially like the Mopar logo at the top.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is an EXHAUST system...piping and a muffler. No reason to keep an exhaust OEM as it has ZERO impact on warranty (as with most replacement parts). From experience, I have had two Corsa systems on my past trucks, they are EXCELLENT! Extremely high quality, great sound and a beautiful finish. They have a special patent on eliminating drone, but they are a bit pricey. I have seen that others have bought the MOPAR and stated it sounds great and no issues.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Anyone have experiences with both? Just trying to see which of the two is louder.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I placed my order for corsa today. However I started to read and the notes say “Will not fit with factory under bumper folding step option.” Does anyone know what exactly that means?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you have the bed step accessory by the rear drivers side portion of the rear bumper? That’s what it means.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Do you have the bed step accessory by the rear drivers side portion of the rear bumper? That’s what it means.
Yes I do. However I saw a YouTube video of an install of same install and the bed step was still there. Anyone have this exhaust and installed it with the bedstep?

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Just got my 2020 1500 Limited Black Appearance Package. Absolute love this truck, except the exhaust. Going with the Corsa Sport package with Res Delete, and their cold air intake. Should liven it up a bit. Came from a Sierra Denali that sounded the way I want.
Nice. I’ll try out the corsa without the resonator delete. And then I’ll decide whether to do the delete or not. I just got the last corsa sport in the country (supposedly) in stock and now its on national back order with an ETA of 9/12

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just got my 2020 1500 Limited Black Appearance Package. Absolute love this truck, except the exhaust. Going with the Corsa Sport package with Res Delete, and their cold air intake. Should liven it up a bit. Came from a Sierra Denali that sounded the way I want.
I came from a Sierra Denali with a CORSA exhaust on it as well. LOVED that CORSA!

AkFire422

Reaction score
Nice. I’ll try out the corsa without the resonator delete. And then I’ll decide whether to do the delete or not. I just got the last corsa sport in the country (supposedly) in stock and now its on national back order with an ETA of 9/12
Good work on that. Guess I better get in line. Lol
This pandemic has really messed with the supply chain.

AkFire422

Reaction score
I just got the cold air intake from Corsa ordered up too. That is in stock, but the shipping to Alaska is almost more than the intake itself.

mopar mark

Reaction score
I dont understand the need for the delete pipe, on my truck its just a pipe no resonator,

DGator

Reaction score
I ordered and installed the Borla Atak Exhaust System. Nice 6 inch black chrome pipes! https://www.borla.com/products/atak/
Search tube Borla Exhaust for 2019-2020 Exhaust sound

Attachments

• 61F8780C-11D6-499A-B556-514646576041.jpeg
    61F8780C-11D6-499A-B556-514646576041.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 39724412-B021-45CC-8885-B4F313489E5B.png
    39724412-B021-45CC-8885-B4F313489E5B.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 88

gthomas719

Reaction score
I just replaced the factory exhaust with a Corsa sport including the res delete pipe this summer. I made a short video of the before and after during a cold start....

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I just replaced the factory exhaust with a Corsa sport including the res delete pipe this summer. I made a short video of the before and after during a cold start....

Im assuming you did the exhaust install plus resonator delete at the same time?

how loud would you say your setup is? Any more Videos

Users who are viewing this thread