5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar exhaust vs corsa sport

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Decided to pick up the resonator delete to go with the Corsa. And finally got around to putting the cold start video together comparing the Carven Cut & Clamp, Corsa Sport, and Corsa Sport with Resonator Delete.

I’m surprised your 2020 had a resonator

Kenny4

Reaction score
Mopar black exhaust tips installed. Look and sound great!

View attachment 66102 View attachment 66103 View attachment 66104
In the first picture your 2019 shows a big fat resonator at the end just before the tip. Is that the same on most of the 5.7's mentioned in this thread? I ask because I have a 2021 and it has the same as the 1st pic and not like the ones with the small oval shaped ones in the pipe. This thread has stayed on topic with comments on Corsa, Mopar & Borla so I don't want to ruin the thread with questions about other set ups. Is there another well visited thread with discussions of all types of after market and the drone effect. Thanks

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I feel l need to update my assessment given that I have a few more miles on the Corsa and since I have had to deal with their customer service.

First, since the reso delete install, and after a few additional break-in miles, the exhaust has really come alive. It is a lot closer to where I thought it should be. Cold starts sound fantastic. I can hear it while "giving it the beans". Cruising is still a comfortable no-drone zone. Credit to FCA on that part, they did a great job sound deadening the interior (IMO). One of these days I will trade out these Atturos for some Ridge Grapplers and reduce tire noise as well.

Second, and arguably more important, Corsa's customer service has been extra stellar. They have a lifelong customer for sure. My exhaust arrived with a small ding due to shipping and they were ready and willing to warranty replace it on the spot. I didn't end up going that route, so they hooked it up with a discount on the next part I bought. Had some issues with the powder coating on the black tips chipping from the inside, and they are warranty replacing those with a better (more $$) version at no extra cost. Matt has been awesome and super responsive. Couldn't have asked for a better experience or product.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
I feel l need to update my assessment given that I have a few more miles on the Corsa and since I have had to deal with their customer service.

First, since the reso delete install, and after a few additional break-in miles, the exhaust has really come alive. It is a lot closer to where I thought it should be. Cold starts sound fantastic. I can hear it while "giving it the beans". Cruising is still a comfortable no-drone zone. Credit to FCA on that part, they did a great job sound deadening the interior (IMO). One of these days I will trade out these Atturos for some Ridge Grapplers and reduce tire noise as well.

Second, and arguably more important, Corsa's customer service has been extra stellar. They have a lifelong customer for sure. My exhaust arrived with a small ding due to shipping and they were ready and willing to warranty replace it on the spot. I didn't end up going that route, so they hooked it up with a discount on the next part I bought. Had some issues with the powder coating on the black tips chipping from the inside, and they are warranty replacing those with a better (more $$) version at no extra cost. Matt has been awesome and super responsive. Couldn't have asked for a better experience or product.
Interesting. Any info on these supposed better tips?

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I ordered my exhaust with the black powder coated tips. They offered me the gunmetal, non powder coated tips (part number 21046GNM) as replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
I would say that it is not overly loud. At idle and normal driving there is a nice deep tone but not loud. When you step on the gas is when they really sing!

I could try to make another video if there is one in particular that you would like to see/hear.
Can we hear a video of start to drive by? Or anything? Also what did you put In/take out? Names please

CRedemann64

Reaction score
Mopar is made by Borla and ii is View attachment 66664 s type. Borla S type was too lound for me installed a small resonator next to stock resonator. Nice v8 exhaust notes minus drone and crackle under heavy foot.
Good morning! I also have the S type Borla on my 2020 I’m looking to install a resonator too but what is the pipe’s diameter? Thanks for any help!

CRedemann64

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the ZZ Performance resonators? If so what are your thoughts??

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I know this is old as dirt but is anyone here willing to sell me their stock midpipe WITH resonator?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this is old as dirt but is anyone here willing to sell me their stock midpipe WITH resonator?
Check Craigslist. I've seen people selling their entire factory exhaust multiple times. In Detroit area.

Users who are viewing this thread