5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Well, I just ordered 82215289AD from a local dealer online. By local I mean way on the other side of the valley so I’ll wait for them to ship it and see what I get. From reading some comments in this thread that should be the newest one, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it’s cancelled.

geotex1

Reaction score
Define “old one”. I ordered mine in June and it fit fine. And for the record, I have a dual exhaust

82215289AB
Step Kit-Side

No doubt reference to the 4th Gen step on a 5th Gen. That's definitely a no-fit situation.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Called the dealership that cancelled the order and they said that it’s on backorder until Feb 28th.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
FWIW, I placed an order with Mopar America on Sunday 1/13 and just rec'd confirmation that it shipped today. I probably paid a little more than some other people ($338.25 shipped to WA) but at least it's on it's way. :cool:

Rick3019

Reaction score
Called the dealership that cancelled the order and they said that it’s on backorder until Feb 28th.

I gave the Dealership the part number I got from this site 82215289AB for dual exhaust. They could see how many were at the warehouse but could not order because of Engineering hold so they called the warehouse and had it shipped. Mine fit perfect works great. My only concern is if there’s a safety defect and that’s why it’s was on hold so if you do get one with a different part number will you let us know 59D99FF2-FC9C-4492-AFDB-F4E650118BD3.jpeg

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I gave the Dealership the part number I got from this site 82215289AB for dual exhaust. They could see how many were at the warehouse but could not order because of Engineering hold so they called the warehouse and had it shipped. Mine fit perfect works great. My only concern is if there’s a safety defect and that’s why it’s was on hold so if you do get one with a different part number will you let us know View attachment 13711

It’s my understanding that it was on engineering hold because of a wire retaining clip you have to move to install the step and the hole to reattach is not the same shape. I understand a zip tie works fine. I actually already paid for one but have not received it yet from my dealer. I figured if I could pick up the new one I would just tell them to cancel or refund my order. I might try ordering from MoparAmerica. I wanted to contact them first to verify before I had another order get cancelled but they don’t have a phone number listed and the Contact Us form errors out so I thought that was a little sketchy but it seems people are having success so I may just pull the trigger.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Well I almost ordered it from MoparAmerica just now but they want $70.70 shipping for a total of $346.80 to Tempe, AZ

I was planning on taking a little bit of a hit but the one I ordered through the dealer was $276 plus I was able to use the 15% off Mopar Coupon to bring it to $253 after tax. For almost $100 I’ll suffer for another month or so.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, I placed an order with Mopar America on Sunday 1/13 and just rec'd confirmation that it shipped today. I probably paid a little more than some other people ($338.25 shipped to WA) but at least it's on it's way. :cool:
Good to know. I ordered from MoparAmerica the day after you. Scheduled for Thursday delivery. Paid $307. Shipping was less since I'm in a neighboring state to NC.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Good to know. I ordered from MoparAmerica the day after you. Scheduled for Thursday delivery. Paid $307. Shipping was less since I'm in a neighboring state to NC.

It’s crazy but if you notice all of the online Mopar sites have the exact same ordering system so I assume it’s some sort of canned system Mopar sells them and they just pay for it and t their logo on it. That’s why I tried through two local Phoenix dealers first (shipping was cheaper) but both orders were cancelled the next day. When I talked to one dealership they said all of their parts come out of Los Angeles so I assume most on the West Coast do. Has anyone ordered through anybody but Mopar America and received one yet?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s crazy but if you notice all of the online Mopar sites have the exact same ordering system so I assume it’s some sort of canned system Mopar sells them and they just pay for it and t their logo on it. That’s why I tried through two local Phoenix dealers first (shipping was cheaper) but both orders were cancelled the next day. When I talked to one dealership they said all of their parts come out of Los Angeles so I assume most on the West Coast do. Has anyone ordered through anybody but Mopar America and received one yet?
MoparAmerica must have local inventory where the rest direct ship from the manufacturer's inventory. They shipped from:

MoparAmerica,
950 Highway 66 South
Kernersville, North Carolina, 27284
USA

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I almost ordered it from MoparAmerica just now but they want $70.70 shipping for a total of $346.80 to Tempe, AZ

I was planning on taking a little bit of a hit but the one I ordered through the dealer was $276 plus I was able to use the 15% off Mopar Coupon to bring it to $253 after tax. For almost $100 I’ll suffer for another month or so.

Wow! I paid $11 to have them ship mine to Texas a few months back ($287 delivered).

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Wow! I paid $11 to have them ship mine to Texas a few months back ($287 delivered).

Correct site, right? I don’t have any other options to choose from for shipping.

96246415cc1721e542900c7652c4d5ef.jpg

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I bet they know they have the last of those steps until the redesigned unit ships. It's a seller's market. They may be marking up their shipping instead of increasing the unit cost.

They did confirm mine included a complimentary gift to help ease the increased cost of shipping...

1547656649191.png

:p

mjw930

Reaction score
I have the AB part on order through a local dealer (50 in stock at regional distribution but on hold, scheduled to be released 1/31). Just spoke with the parts manager on the AD part, it shows on hold till 2/15. Without knowing for sure his guess is the AB part will be shipped with an addendum (and possibly a tie wrap ;)) and that the new part, originally AC , now AD, is a combination of an engineering change (AC) and vendor change (AD). Regardless, he expects to have the AB part in house the first week of Feb.

Last edited:

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Ok, back up the bus Louie... I just checked the UPS tracking info supplied by Mopar America (MA) and it shows the UPS tag printed yesterday has been cancelled? I have a message into MA to see wtf is up, but suspect they are either hip to the engineering change hold or out of the complimentary gift. :unsure:

Will post an update when (if) I hear back...

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, back up the bus Louie... I just checked the UPS tracking info supplied by Mopar America (MA) and it shows the UPS tag printed yesterday has been cancelled? I have a message into MA to see wtf is up, but suspect they are either hip to the engineering change hold or out of the complimentary gift. :unsure:

Will post an update when (if) I hear back...
Mine is on a FedEx truck. Might want to call them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190116-130444_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190116-130444_Chrome.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread