5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
FYI... I just ordered part # 82215289AB Step Kit-Side. I ordered it from www.moparamerica.com. If you search for accessories on a 2019 ram, it won’t show up. Look specifically for this part number. It's $276.10 after their 18% discount, then they add another $49.34 shipping to Texas (your shipping experience may be less). The 8% ‘blackfriday’ promo code is expired, so 5% is the best I could find now.Then I found an older forum promo code: DodgeForum5% …That's 5% I didn't pay. This cut off another $13.81....​

I did not order my truck with the BUG, but wanted the step, so this is just an add-on for me and pleasantly surprised with finding the sale price AND the promo code.

Anyways, long-story-short, I will have the step here in a few days for $311.63 and my knees will thank me later.

I just wanted to let everyone know about the promo code and it's still valid!

PatchesRebel

Reaction score
I just ordered mine...same price shipped to my door...thanks for the promo code...

FYI... I just ordered part # 82215289AB Step Kit-Side. I ordered it from www.moparamerica.com. If you search for accessories on a 2019 ram, it won’t show up. Look specifically for this part number. It's $276.10 after their 18% discount, then they add another $49.34 shipping to Texas (your shipping experience may be less). The 8% ‘blackfriday’ promo code is expired, so 5% is the best I could find now.Then I found an older forum promo code: DodgeForum5% …That's 5% I didn't pay. This cut off another $13.81....

I did not order my truck with the BUG, but wanted the step, so this is just an add-on for me and pleasantly surprised with finding the sale price AND the promo code.

Anyways, long-story-short, I will have the step here in a few days for $311.63 and my knees will thank me later.

I just wanted to let everyone know about the promo code and it's still valid![/QUOTE

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shipment Details
Part Number
Part Name
Price
Quantity
Total
82215289AB
Step Kit-Side
$271.83
$271.83
Subtotal:
$271.83
Shipping (USPS - Priority Mail):
$18.97
Total:
$290.80

I ordered in September, maybe it was cheaper then. Of course, I didn’t get it until November

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Shipment Details
Part Number
Part Name
Price
Quantity
Total
82215289AB
Step Kit-Side
$271.83
$271.83
Subtotal:
$271.83
Shipping (USPS - Priority Mail):
$18.97
Total:
$290.80

I ordered in September, maybe it was cheaper then. Of course, I didn’t get it until November
Yeah, I just ordered last night from same company. When i added shipping address, the only shipping method was UPS so cost went up a bit. With the promo code I ended paying only 20 bucks more. Location, location, location...lol

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
FYI... I just ordered part # 82215289AB Step Kit-Side. I ordered it from www.moparamerica.com. If you search for accessories on a 2019 ram, it won’t show up. Look specifically for this part number. It's $276.10 after their 18% discount, then they add another $49.34 shipping to Texas (your shipping experience may be less). The 8% ‘blackfriday’ promo code is expired, so 5% is the best I could find now.Then I found an older forum promo code: DodgeForum5% …That's 5% I didn't pay. This cut off another $13.81....

I just wanted to let everyone know about the promo code and it's still valid!

Thanks for the promo code, I went ahead and ordered one too. I can jump into the back of the truck easy enough, but I suspect this will save my wife and kid some difficulty climbing into the bed.

I paid $9 less in shipping, I guess being in the middle of nowhere has the advantage of at least being in the middle.

ablock

Reaction score
My dealer installed the pins for the extender on my truck on Tuesday, for free. I think they just don't want to hassle with it.
Hi, I’m getting pushback from my dealer. Can you share your dealer name and parts/service contact?

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
The dealer I used was Steffy's in Fremont NE. I didn't have to deal with the service department to get the parts, I noticed before I signed at delivery and the salesman agreed to get them in. I didn't let on that I knew this was a problem for everyone that ordered the BUG with the ramboxes.

geotex1

Reaction score
Picked up my bed step kit from the local RAM dealer parts department a few minutes ago. Beyond looking like something chewed on the box and spit it out, everything was there and in perfect condition. $287.35 with PA sales tax.

geotex1

Reaction score
Bed news folks, the Bed Step kit has gone on engineering hold, which means any in parts inventory technically shouldn't be sold by the dealer with inventory and that FCA will not be filling stocking requests to dealers. I got a call from the dealer I picked mine up from informing me and giving me the option to return it for full refund. I personally see no reason to warrant it so I will not be. I was told the hold is at least through 31-January 2019.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bed news folks, the Bed Step kit has gone on engineering hold, which means any in parts inventory technically shouldn't be sold by the dealer with inventory and that FCA will not be filling stocking requests to dealers. I got a call from the dealer I picked mine up from informing me and giving me the option to return it for full refund. I personally see no reason to warrant it so I will not be. I was told the hold is at least through 31-January 2019.

Actually I was a bit surprised when you said you got it from the dealer. As far as I know it has been on engineering hold for the last couple of months

geotex1

Reaction score
Actually I was a bit surprised when you said you got it from the dealer. As far as I know it has been on engineering hold for the last couple of months

Probably why I got the call (someone realized they made a boo-boo). :eek:

cjmst23

Reaction score
Not stopping Moparamerica... Just got tracking # today.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a funny, just looked at the ram build site. Look what I found

BA55B9A9-2987-4498-AD82-8532B6DC6CA5.jpeg

stevetom84

Reaction score
I got the shipping notification today as well. Interesting that you can now add it on the ram build website. It says there is a conflict with the protection package. Anyone know if there is actually a conflict with the protection package that prevents the step from being installed?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't see why it would conflict with the Protection Package... there is nothing there at the corner of the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread