5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked on the build site, it generates a conflict with the protection package, but not with the ORP.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I looked under my truck, it has the protection package, and I don't see anything that would prevent installing the step. I have an October 10 build date and it looks like the appropriate nuts are welded to the frame, so should be an easy install.

I'll be getting my step tomorrow and plan to install ASAP. I'll update if I run into any issues.

YardSale

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make the bedstep for both sides of the bed? Or is it the same step?

Rich

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the difference is, but when trying to get a bed step from my dealer he said there is a new part number now.

Part # 82215289AD is in development, so it's not available yet!

I don't know what has changed, he can't quote a price yet either.

I emailed AMP Research to see what they had and they replied that they have a new version for the 2019 truck out also, it's new and available sometime later in January. According to AMP the part number for their version for the 2019 RAM 1500 is : 75322-01A

YardSale

Reaction score
Road side only.
Well that sucks........can't be hard to do. Just reverse the CAD drawing and hit "print." Do these people think there are only right handed/footed people in the world??

YardSale

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the difference is, but when trying to get a bed step from my dealer he said there is a new part number now.

Part # 82215289AD is in development, so it's not available yet!

I don't know what has changed, he can't quote a price yet either.

I emailed AMP Research to see what they had and they replied that they have a new version for the 2019 truck out also, it's new and available sometime later in January. According to AMP the part number for their version for the 2019 RAM 1500 is : 75322-01A

I couldn't wait and got one from Moparamerica.

Rich

Reaction score
I wonder what had changed in the "new" version?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I wonder what had changed in the "new" version?
It could be something as simple as a different non slip coating on the step, different grade bolts, or maybe a different casting material to make it stronger. I doubt there will be an actual "design" change, just a revision to the previous model.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My bet is they will add a mounting point on the step frame for the wiring harness.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
My bet is they will add a mounting point on the step frame for the wiring harness.

Actually, there is a place for it, it's just not the right shape, it's a round hole on the step, and an oval wiring harness clip, so, zip ties.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Yes sir and as stated outof sight, well it just does the job lol. I love the benefits the step affords my 5’1” wife as opposed to my 6’2” frame. :)

DennisY

Reaction score
One site says the 82215289AB is for trucks with single exhaust only. Is that true? I presume whatever the answer is, that the 82215289AD is the same.

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
One site says the 82215289AB is for trucks with single exhaust only. Is that true? I presume whatever the answer is, that the 82215289AD is the same.
The last letter of the part number signifies the revision, so a part number ending in "B" is the first revision and "C" is the second revision and so on. But the part has the same application.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Define “old one”. I ordered mine in June and it fit fine. And for the record, I have a dual exhaust

82215289AB
Step Kit-Side

jkratze1

Reaction score
I have not read about the "old" bed step not fitting. I ordered my bed step last month and I had no problems with the installation. I have no idea why the step needed an engineering change but I am sure the engineers have a good reason.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Well, I just ordered 82215289AD from a local dealer online. By local I mean way on the other side of the valley so I’ll wait for them to ship it and see what I get. From reading some comments in this thread that should be the newest one, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread