5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

dad2steph

Reaction score
Received and installed my step today. The box that they sent it in was trashed. It did have the three bolts and one nut in it though. Luckily that was all that was needed since the others were already welded into the frame. This is a great step. Well worth the price.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can use it with the tailgate up or down and it doesn’t block any sensors

Zinger

Reaction score
My dealer told me the extender pin and knob are no longer being included due to NHTSA regulations. He said I can buy the parts and install them myself, but they are forbidden from installing the parts.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
My dealer told me the extender pin and knob are no longer being included due to NHTSA regulations. He said I can buy the parts and install them myself, but they are forbidden from installing the parts.

My dealer installed the pins for the extender on my truck on Tuesday, for free. I think they just don't want to hassle with it.

jkratze1

Reaction score
Wait I am confused. I have to buy something else for the bed step to install besides part number 82215289ab?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Two separate issues. The pins they are referring to are for the bed extender. Nothing to do with bed step

Zinger

Reaction score
My dealer installed the pins for the extender on my truck on Tuesday, for free. I think they just don't want to hassle with it.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Ram isn't including them, and in the version of the owner's manual that is available to me on Mopar.com there is zero mention of using the divider as an extender. I'm not sure where the pictures posted previously came from, but they're not in the manual any longer.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Ram isn't including them, and in the version of the owner's manual that is available to me on Mopar.com there is zero mention of using the divider as an extender. I'm not sure where the pictures posted previously came from, but they're not in the manual any longer.
This has been discussed. They quietly removed the extender language in a revision of the manual. Transparency has been lacking on this and other issues.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Picking up my Ram 1500 on the 15th. My build Sheet does not include the Bed Step. However, Ram Brochures clearly state it as part of the BUG.

Advice on working with the dealer on compensation/ resolution of acquiring it or Mopar Voucher for Bed Divider or Extender.

Attachments

• D727179C-2D26-442C-AABC-F3D1EF1857F2.png
    D727179C-2D26-442C-AABC-F3D1EF1857F2.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At the moment, the dealer can’t order it, they are still on engineering hold. Have fun getting your dealer honoring a brochure.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
At the moment, the dealer can’t order it, they are still on engineering hold. Have fun getting your dealer honoring a brochure.

I know it’s will be an up hill battle. Was wondering if anyone had taken it on.

I am making the argument for a $300 Mopar voucher

1Raider

Reaction score
I'm wondering why are they are still on engineering hold? What was wrong with the original version?

dad2steph

Reaction score
If I were to guess it is on engineering hold due to the fact you have to move the wire bundle to install. Once you move it the anchor point for the bundle is covered by the step mount. There is plenty of slack in the bundle to move it but you lose the anchor point. I just used a zip tie to give the bundle a littmore support but probably completely unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread