5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now I can show the dealer an installed one with part number when I ask them to provide at delivery since it's part of the BUG.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no additional photos that I’m able to post up at this moment. Right now I’m working on getting the rest of my gear so that’s taking a majority of my time.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer, parts department.
Step Kit-Side - Mopar (82215289AB)

Only 3 listed in the whole US at Dealerships. He said they are on hold for engineering until Nov. 13th. He said is is listed as a side step kit which he wondered why the naming changed from a Bed step. He is trying to order anyhow. When I ordered my Bed utility rails the same thing was mentioned on back ordered. They came in in 4 days.

Changed the name so they don't have to include with the BUG:sneaky::LOL:

PorBoy

Reaction score
Not a problem and trust me once you have it life becomes sooo much easier on the wife lol.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fuel for the fire below. Hey dealer bros @JRS200x @BobbiBigWheels if a customer’s truck just arrived with BUG but no bed step, now that it is showing up in mopar parts chains, would you have any way to get Ram to pony them up to you since “late availability” seems to be now?

If you have to pay out of hide it’ll obviously be an uphill battle for customers, but if Ram covers you, then you all would be more likely to get it for the buyers.
1FF97D28-B9AF-4671-837F-29385E59FDF9.jpeg
0F5FF376-4184-4B7E-A644-75F5CE0DFED4.jpeg

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Fuel for the fire below. Hey dealer bros @JRS200x @BobbiBigWheels if a customer’s truck just arrived with BUG but no bed step, now that it is showing up in mopar parts chains, would you have any way to get Ram to pony them up to you since “late availability” seems to be now?

If you have to pay out of hide it’ll obviously be an uphill battle for customers, but if Ram covers you, then you all would be more likely to get it for the buyers.
View attachment 5130
View attachment 5131

quite interested too.:cool:

d_THRILL

Reaction score
So out of all the people who purchased the BUG with their truck, who’s going to be the first to contact their dealership and demand a free (not really free) bed-step!? Let me know how you make out!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I received my bed extender pegs today (and just installed them 10 minutes ago). The bed step...will be another story.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received my bed extender pegs today (and just installed them 10 minutes ago). The bed step...will be another story.
My Bed Extender pegs are in. I am having them installed next Wednesday. I have already notified them about the missing bed step when I took delivery and they agreed with me 100% that Ram should provide it.. Is it definitely available now? Trying to catch up here. I just got back from a cruise! :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
Pictures of the “ bed extender pegs “ would really be nice lol.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pictures of the “ bed extender pegs “ would really be nice lol.
Ill take pics when I get mine in but I think there are some pics already posted here if you search for the Rambox Extender Knobs. Let me know. I'd be happy to take a few pics.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, I also tested them out...flipping the divider around and using it in extender mode. It worked like a champ. I don't understand why they decided to silently delete these.

Users who are viewing this thread