5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, I also tested them out...flipping the divider around and using it in extender mode. It worked like a champ. I don't understand why they decided to silently delete these.
Good to hear Speedy, so I’m about to try and talk my dealer into ordering these plus the bed step so wish me luck... can you confirm I have the part numbers roght? I think I got this off another post a while back.

Missing bed extender parts (need 2 of each):
2 x 68054996AA
and
2 x 68054997AB

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear Speedy, so I’m about to try and talk my dealer into ordering these plus the bed step so wish me luck... can you confirm I have the part numbers roght? I think I got this off another post a while back.

Missing bed extender parts (need 2 of each):
2 x 68054996AA
and
2 x 68054997AB
Unfortunately, I shredded the packing materials in my excitement to get to the parts. I can tell you that there were two of the "posts" in one bag, and two of the "handles" in the other, so maybe they come in sets of two. The parts guy told me he ordered two of each because he wasn't sure either...I just don't know if he gave me everything he received or not (he left them in the truck for me to install at my request).

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got to see my truck today! Had bed extender, with the lock cylinder, but missing the pivot posts on the tailgate. No Bed Step either. Sent my dealer this note, will see how it goes:

“Bed Upgrade Group includes the bed step, and it’s been available. I’m sure its an oversight, but I expect it to be included please especially since Ram increased the option cost on me...

Here’s a snap of the brochure statement so you know I’m not making this up. I hope Ram doesn’t make a big deal of including what’s supposed to be included! ”

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to get the dealer to order the bed extender mounts no problem but they wouldn't even entertain the idea of covering the bed step when I picked it up Wed night. I figured it was a long shot and planned to order the step to lower my payload even further.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to get the dealer to order the bed extender mounts no problem but they wouldn't even entertain the idea of covering the bed step when I picked it up Wed night. I figured it was a long shot and planned to order the step to lower my payload even further.
That was exactly my experience. The sales rep agreed with me that the step *should* be provided by Ram...but when he realized that the dealership would more likely have to eat the cost to supply it to me, he backpedaled quickly. I'll remind him of this to get the bed step at cost if/when I decide to purchase it.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was exactly my experience. The sales rep agreed with me that the step *should* be provided by Ram...but when he realized that the dealership would more likely have to eat the cost to supply it to me, he backpedaled quickly. I'll remind him of this to get the bed step at cost if/when I decide to purchase it.
I'm going to give it a shot next Wednesday when I go in to my dealer to get my bed extender posts installed and pick up the bed divider that Ram didn't send with my truck. I'll let you guys know how I make out.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made my case, service looked up the part and I am getting the same response as others have; the Ram ordering system is showing the part as on “engineering hold” until 11/13/2018 (even though it can be ordered online from several sources). Not expecting a miracle, as this sounds like a case where they’ll have to eat the costs.

My dealer is even questioning getting the pegs for me (on back order) which is really surprising, as the bed extender simply does not extend without them, plus they are pretty cheap! We’ll see what he says Monday.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I ordered from Mopar America last week and it's being delivered today!

Chris

Reaction score
I just got an email refunding my order, stating the part is sold out and on indefinite backorder

SlowArrow

Reaction score
I tried to order one as well and had the order cancelled because it is on backorder with not in stock date. I’d really like to add one of these steps. Guess I just have to wait until November (or whenever).....

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Regarding the bed step: does anyone who ordered the step have the active safety group?

My salesman said he spoke to the rep, who told him you cannot use the step with the active safety group. It supposedly blocks the sensors.... The rep also said this is why it did not come through on my order.

I was just out looking under my bumper. I don't even see where it would bolt on.

djwdjw

Reaction score
Regarding the bed step: does anyone who ordered the step have the active safety group?

My salesman said he spoke to the rep, who told him you cannot use the step with the active safety group. It supposedly blocks the sensors.... The rep also said this is why it did not come through on my order.

I was just out looking under my bumper. I don't even see where it would bolt on.

I don't know what "active safety group" is exactly, but I have all the safety stuff on my Limited and the side step 82215289AB does not block or interfere with anything.

However, I will tell you that an aftermarket hitch step does indeed interfere with the sensors though.

Salesman may need a clarification or education, if that was indeed your question.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I don't know what "active safety group" is exactly, but I have all the safety stuff on my Limited and the side step 82215289AB does not block or interfere with anything.

However, I will tell you that an aftermarket hitch step does indeed interfere with the sensors though.

Salesman may need a clarification or education, if that was indeed your question.
Well, we all know that salesmen never lie......

That was probably the story he fed me just to get me to shut up about asking the dealer to install what the brochure stated came with the ram boxes and bed utility group.

berserkr

Reaction score
Can someone confirm that this kit is just a single step on the driver's side, and not a pair of steps (one for each side)?

Users who are viewing this thread