5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about Dynos but it definitely does something. Smooths out the shifts, bumps up MPG. Mid-range acceleration is a tiny bit better.

I got this fully expecting to feel absolutely nothing based on what most people have said but the fact is, it noticabley changes the driving feel.

So if you wanna tell me that the horsepower and torque increase is zero, I believe you. But the driving feel absolutely changes/improves, and almost everyone that has driven their truck around for months without it and then had it installed says the same thing.

I get the y'all don't want people thinking this is a true performance part, and that you're gonna see any kind of track gains with it, but the idea that it does absolutely nothing at all to change how the truck feels to drive is misleading.

Could I get this from a Vararam, a K&N, even just a new drop-in filter? Maybe, idk, didn't try any of those. But I know I get it from this, and it was worth every penny to me.
My Vararam gave me a verifiable increase in performance. Using the TazerDT 0-60 timer, I deopped 3/10 of my times after installing it, compared to before installing it. All runs made in the same day, on the same road. Did multiple runs stock, and multiple runs with the Vararam to ensure it wasn't a fluke one-off run.

2talltexan

Reaction score
I don't know about Dynos but it definitely does something. Smooths out the shifts, bumps up MPG. Mid-range acceleration is a tiny bit better.

I got this fully expecting to feel absolutely nothing based on what most people have said but the fact is, it noticabley changes the driving feel.

So if you wanna tell me that the horsepower and torque increase is zero, I believe you. But the driving feel absolutely changes/improves, and almost everyone that has driven their truck around for months without it and then had it installed says the same thing.

I get the y'all don't want people thinking this is a true performance part, and that you're gonna see any kind of track gains with it, but the idea that it does absolutely nothing at all to change how the truck feels to drive is misleading.

Could I get this from a Vararam, a K&N, even just a new drop-in filter? Maybe, idk, didn't try any of those. But I know I get it from this, and it was worth every penny to me.
I love the look of the Ram Airflow. I see that your signature references a 2022 Limited. I cannot seem to find the part number for the Ram Airflow that references the 2022. Did you install part # 77072428AC? Did you buy from the dealership or another Mopar parts site?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the look of the Ram Airflow. I see that your signature references a 2022 Limited. I cannot seem to find the part number for the Ram Airflow that references the 2022. Did you install part # 77072428AC? Did you buy from the dealership or another Mopar parts site?
I believe that's the correct part number, yes.

I did order it through the dealer, they were actually the best price I could find because they didn't charge me shipping and were giving me the "employee discount" (it's like 10% off retail or something), and then also gave me a small discount on the labor as a thank-you for getting the truck from them and then coming back for a fairly expensive part.

If you think you can put it on yourself then there are some website that even with shipping will be a bit cheaper than dealer + labor. It's not too difficult from what I've seen.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• 8723CB13-685F-44D7-A0FF-5D5E8CB192A2.jpeg
    8723CB13-685F-44D7-A0FF-5D5E8CB192A2.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 7E4C077E-04B0-4D91-AED4-882277E7235D.jpeg
    7E4C077E-04B0-4D91-AED4-882277E7235D.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 4CB2B963-5BB7-439E-AFA0-1D5D4EBD5892.jpeg
    4CB2B963-5BB7-439E-AFA0-1D5D4EBD5892.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 156

Bobbiegunn

Reaction score
Ordered mine from dealer , they gave me the best price I could find. Took me about an hour and 20 mins to install and I also installed a Billet Tech catch can.

Attachments

• ramair front.jpg
    ramair front.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220319_094356.jpg
    20220319_094356.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 90

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered mine from dealer , they gave me the best price I could find. Took me about an hour and 20 mins to install and I also installed a Billet Tech catch can.

It's such a nice looking intake. Wish my wife wouldn't murder me for getting it.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
My wife has learned not to ask about cost of goodies I buy (e.g. the Ram Air intake) and I don't question the things she buys (but it helps that I put my purchases on my credit card and those receipts come only to me haha).

610SRTGang

Reaction score
My wife has learned not to ask about cost of goodies I buy (e.g. the Ram Air intake) and I don't question the things she buys (but it helps that I put my purchases on my credit card and those receipts come only to me haha).
Same here. My truck should be here tomorrow/Monday and the lift, tires, and exhaust go on. Got to wait a bit to swing an intake and maybe a customer leather kit...

This intake looks cool in person. We received a few of the G/T packages that had them from the factory already.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep the veraram as I think it looks nicer anyway
0d35b4f63d9ab35bbd369e02e8405d1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
@jzinckgra - where did you get the HEMI 'valve covers' ?
Could you get the driver's side to fit (lots more wiring/hoses there) ?

Dave

jzinckgra

Reaction score
@jzinckgra - where did you get the HEMI 'valve covers' ?
Could you get the driver's side to fit (lots more wiring/hoses there) ?

Dave
Not sure where they were purchased as I am 2nd owner. There is one on drivers side. Looks a little tight but doable.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread