5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Jaylon35

Reaction score
Can u install this with the etorque engine? I only really want the cooler look and slightly deeper sound. I don't need it to sound like a drag race car.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can u install this with the etorque engine? I only really want the cooler look and slightly deeper sound. I don't need it to sound like a drag race car.
Yes, the Ram G/T comes equipped with this, and I think you can only get the G/T in etorque (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this ;))

Shine006

Reaction score
I purchased a Ram Air flow from the dealership but found out that even with them installing, the warranty is only 1 year. If the CAI is found to be the root problem of an issue, your factory warranty will not cover the repair. I’m not even opening the box, I am selling it as the dealer wants to charge me half as a restocking fee.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Curious, did your dealer give you any examples of how the Mopar CAI could be the cause of an issue? Not trying to come across in a negative way, but if Ram can install it from the factory and not compromise the warranty, the only way I see a dealer installed unit causing a problem is if it was incorrectly installed.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I purchased a Ram Air flow from the dealership but found out that even with them installing, the warranty is only 1 year. If the CAI is found to be the root problem of an issue, your factory warranty will not cover the repair. I’m not even opening the box, I am selling it as the dealer wants to charge me half as a restocking fee.
This is kind of correct.

If the CAI is the problem they would not cover the repair.
If the problem is not the CAI they would cover it.

An air intake can't cause a problem, it's air.

This is the exact same things using an after market part.
The aftermarket part is not covered and any damaged caused by it would also not be.

I wouldn't worry about it man, what are they going to say you are putting bad air in?

Also keep in mind dealerships have a bunch of wiggle room when it comes to warranty repair work.
If you got the part from them and showed the receipt for it they are FAR more likely to do work as they know you spend money with them vs if I came in with it installed but not by them they are likely to turn me away and tell me to go pound sand.

Shine006

Reaction score
This is kind of correct.

If the CAI is the problem they would not cover the repair.
If the problem is not the CAI they would cover it.

An air intake can't cause a problem, it's air.

This is the exact same things using an after market part.
The aftermarket part is not covered and any damaged caused by it would also not be.

I wouldn't worry about it man, what are they going to say you are putting bad air in?

Also keep in mind dealerships have a bunch of wiggle room when it comes to warranty repair work.
If you got the part from them and showed the receipt for it they are FAR more likely to do work as they know you spend money with them vs if I came in with it installed but not by them they are likely to turn me away and tell me to go pound sand.
I agree but it was the service manager that let me know they would not cover. They stated if it is determined to be the root cause ex sensor error, debris in engine, then even though vehicle under warranty, the warranty would be denied. Just didn’t feel the gains if any were worth the risk.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I agree but it was the service manager that let me know they would not cover. They stated if it is determined to be the root cause ex sensor error, debris in engine, then even though vehicle under warranty, the warranty would be denied. Just didn’t feel the gains if any were worth the risk.
Find a new dealer and service manager. He isn't all there and doesn't know his product or warranty.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, don't go back to that dealership and give them your money.
I dealt with a dealership like that in the last too and told them to go screw.

Honestly i'm not sure how much of a difference the CAI would even make. I'm almost certain it's not worth the $750-1100 for it but value is determined by yourself.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
To be clear, you probably won't see any gains. If you bought this for performance reasons you'll be disappointed.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Where are you located? I’d buy it.

Shine006

Reaction score
I wonder what the service manager is going to do when he has to do warranty work on a RAM G/T that comes with the Mopar CIA from the factory...

What a dork... :confused:
Great question, I actually asked. As it was factory install on that model it is covered under 3 year 36. Since Mopar lists it as a performance part, if installed aftermarket even when done by Mopar tech, it is only a 12 month warranty. Even states not covered in the Mopar MVP plans on page 4 since performance Part.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
So I just bought the Ram Airflow from @Accessory.Parts (Great experience BTW, Highly recommend..) but after reading the info directly above, now im leery about doing the install. What a bunch of BS. The whole point of me buying a MOPAR part was so it would be a true factory part. Even stranger they would deny a warranty because its standard issue on the GT models - https://www.ramtrucks.com/2022/ram-1500/gt-special-edition.html -
Now I do not know if I should even pull it from the box :(

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just bought the Ram Airflow from @Accessory.Parts (Great experience BTW, Highly recommend..) but after reading the info directly above, now im leery about doing the install. What a bunch of BS. The whole point of me buying a MOPAR part was so it would be a true factory part. Even stranger they would deny a warranty because its standard issue on the GT models - https://www.ramtrucks.com/2022/ram-1500/gt-special-edition.html -
Just send it to me. I'll dispose of it for you.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let your balls drop and just install it. Most dealers won't say a word about the RamAir intake in your truck and voiding warranty. Shoot, most dealers won't say anything about any aftermarket intake. I had my passenger side valve cover replaced under warranty on my truck and I have the Vararam intake. Dealer didn't say a word

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Let your balls drop and just install it. Most dealers won't say a word about the RamAir intake in your truck and voiding warranty. Shoot, most dealers won't say anything about any aftermarket intake. I had my passenger side valve cover replaced under warranty on my truck and I have the Vararam intake. Dealer didn't say a word
LOL alllllright. I just dont want to f*ck up my chances of getting something handled on a vehicle that has its share of problems happen.

So what did you notice after installing? My primary goal was to help smooth out shifts and make the overall driveability better. I read a few post that it helped for that so that was enough for me. Even if its an ***-dyno..what did you notice?

Users who are viewing this thread