5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Douglas31

Reaction score
Hard to say if it was dropped or tossed around in shipping or even during the packing process. Box looked fine with no visible damage. Either way, more cushion in the packaging would help.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
So I’ve only driven a dozen or so back road miles with it. I wanna say it feels a bit stronger at full acceleration, but not enough to warrant the cost. It’s definitely different though, a little peppier off the line and 1st to 2nd shift is a little harder when the truck is cold. After it warms up, every shift is super smooth.

should be putting a bunch of highway miles on it in the coming days will update again later in the week.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure thing, Mr. Mopar. Track only. Got it.

Yeah I thought that was kinda funny to when I posted my images last week .. they say they will still honor any warranty even if we are driving "on-road". Did you look to see if yours had a crack at all prior to installing? I posted photos of where mine was - but it was a bit obvious, of course:

v_eight

Reaction score
So I’ve only driven a dozen or so back road miles with it. I wanna say it feels a bit stronger at full acceleration, but not enough to warrant the cost. It’s definitely different though, a little peppier off the line and 1st to 2nd shift is a little harder when the truck is cold. After it warms up, every shift is super smooth.

should be putting a bunch of highway miles on it in the coming days will update again later in the week.

How does it sound?

J4U

Reaction score
Mine came in today at the dealership...YES!

I'm out of town...NO!

BmoreStew

Reaction score
How does it sound?

maybe a little more aggressive, but it’s not enough of a difference to be sure of it, or anything really. I’m really curious how it affects mpg though. I’ll be putting a 180 highway miles on it on thursday. Will let you all know.

i tow fairly regularly and am wondering if I’ll see a difference there.

honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from it. Mostly I was just curious.

v_eight

Reaction score
maybe a little more aggressive, but it’s not enough of a difference to be sure of it, or anything really. I’m really curious how it affects mpg though. I’ll be putting a 180 highway miles on it on thursday. Will let you all know.

i tow fairly regularly and am wondering if I’ll see a difference there.

honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from it. Mostly I was just curious.

Thanks! I want one just because it looks cool, but that's a tough sell to my wife!

BmoreStew

Reaction score
Yeah I thought that was kinda funny to when I posted my images last week .. they say they will still honor any warranty even if we are driving "on-road". Did you look to see if yours had a crack at all prior to installing? I posted photos of where mine was - but it was a bit obvious, of course:

i wasn’t looking for damage, but did give it a good eye f*cking before, during, and after the install. Looked good to me.

I was a little concerned about where the cowl/cover connects to the inlet... saw some pics from other installs and noticed some rough looking gaps. Mine fit good and snug though; I spent some time fiddling to get it all fitting just right.

Amazing93

Reaction score
i wasn’t looking for damage, but did give it a good eye f*cking before, during, and after the install. Looked good to me.

I was a little concerned about where the cowl/cover connects to the inlet... saw some pics from other installs and noticed some rough looking gaps. Mine fit good and snug though; I spent some time fiddling to get it all fitting just right.
How long did it take you to get it installed?

Amazing93

Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be here Monday from BAM. I found if I ordered the part without the AB at the end of the part number the shipping was 20 instead of the 180 It was showing if I had ordered the part number with AB at the end of the part number. I ended up paying $700.94 total.
How long did it take from the time you ordered it to the time it was delivered? Just curious how quickly BAM operates. Thanks!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I picked it up last night and installed it after work today. Besides looking awesome in the engine bay it seems to be a little livelier, don’t really notice any real sound difference but that could be due to the ATAK exhaust drowning out any subtle change. I could care less about any mpg gains but if there is any that’s a bonus.
CC55473A-0077-4324-A985-F996C27130E6.jpeg A846A8A3-54C5-4D96-83A2-30DF3601C835.jpeg 368695EB-7F5C-4604-B875-B1AB5B6C09E9.jpeg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I must say that, based on the current reviews of those that have bit the bullet and installed this intake, it certainly doesn't sound like this mod is worth the dollars. Sure...it LOOKS AWESOME but it doesn't sound like it really does much. I'm still waiting for a BEFORE vs. AFTER dyno to get some real data we can all chew over.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must say that, based on the current reviews of those that have bit the bullet and installed this intake, it certainly doesn't sound like this mod is worth the dollars. Sure...it LOOKS AWESOME but it doesn't sound like it really does much. I'm still waiting for a BEFORE vs. AFTER dyno to get some real data we can all chew over.
If after someone finally posts dyno results and it shows minimal gains which I believe they will be minimal, I’m okay with it just looking awesome(cuz it does)!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My replacement came today as well. We opened it to make sure the item was damaged again.
Did notice the updated part number (aka "AB").
Snowing here and cold and I didn't have room at work to install it, so I'll have to wait a bit.

Looks like if we ever update our hoods, we can get "RAM'd" from that instead of (or in addition to) the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread