5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine today .. clocked out to open it and start installing and I'm glad I did .. it was broken during transit -- need to wait another 5-8 Business days for a replacement ..

the packaging company should put foam or something in the bottom of the inner boxes to protect against this.
Man that sucks. Another reason I’m glad I bought mine from my local dealer in case of something unfortunate like this happening.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is the main reason why I solely ordered via the dealership so if a problem, it was THEIR problem...

JeffJr

Reaction score
BAM changed their shipping cost. A couple days ago it was about $30. Tonight it shows $300! I'm hoping that's an error. Maybe I'll try calling them tomorrow.
Damn that's crazy! Email them, they will respond alot quicker then by phone. I tried calling several times but never did get to talk to anyone by phone. But email was instant reply.

JeffJr

Reaction score
Got mine today .. clocked out to open it and start installing and I'm glad I did .. it was broken during transit -- need to wait another 5-8 Business days for a replacement ..

the packaging company should put foam or something in the bottom of the inner boxes to protect against this.
Damn I'm sorry to hear. Who did you order it through?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is the main reason why I solely ordered via the dealership so if a problem, it was THEIR problem...
Any reputable company would have zero issues taking care of you, based on this circumstance, no different than your dealer but you can always try to justify paying more if you want to.....

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol no need for me to justify how I spend my money, just stating that for my own peace of mind I solely went dealership on this. I encourage those to do what you feel suits you and am not here to debate pro/ cons of what others do with their money.

beta379

Reaction score
Here's a pic from the instructions manual on how to remove and clean the filter and it's really easy to take cover off and put back on. I'll send pics later of the actual cover off and on from my Rebel.
I'm surprised there's no oil for the filter like K&N or the like.

beta379

Reaction score
Mine shows $21 for shipping now and has not changed since I started checking several days ago.
Same for me as I just checked to Houston, TX is only $27.65

Subtotal $700.94
Shipping $27.65
Discount - 5% off subtotal -$20.00 (SAVE5)
Total $708.59

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same for me as I just checked to Houston, TX is only $27.65

Subtotal $700.94
Shipping $27.65
Discount - 5% off subtotal -$20.00 (SAVE5)
Total $708.59
That’s good news for you then, obviously there’s a issue with their website. At any rate mines ordered and on it’s way, I honestly could care less about a few dollars and buying locally is always a good thing in my book.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Another reason I’m glad I bought mine from my local dealer in case of something unfortunate like this happening.
Damn I'm sorry to hear. Who did you order it through?

to answer all : it WAS my local dealer .. :(
they are handling everything and already have the replacement on the way.

$764 shipped to my local dealer and I open it right there to look at everything prior to taking it home. If the packing agent would just put a piece of foam or something at the bottom of the lower intake box, it wouldn't happen -- I wonder how many are getting damaged during the shipping process since they stand up on their sides.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
to answer all : it WAS my local dealer .. :(
they are handling everything and already have the replacement on the way.

$764 shipped to my local dealer and I open it right there to look at everything prior to taking it home. If the packing agent would just put a piece of foam or something at the bottom of the lower intake box, it wouldn't happen -- I wonder how many are getting damaged during the shipping process since they stand up on their sides.
Where are these dealerships that are giving a reasonable price on this? Both dealerships in my area (eastern Iowa) quoted me over $1100...

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are these dealerships that are giving a reasonable price on this? Both dealerships in my area (eastern Iowa) quoted me over $1100...
List price is $924, use the Mopar 15% off accessories coupon (I had a 20% from dealer) and you’re around $785. I’m in South Carolina.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Well BAM is out for me. You early guys lucked out but $300 for shipping to CA is crazy. Too bad I didn't jump sooner.

BAM shipping.jpg

Micholder

Reaction score
No one answered my question haha. Someone outside California want to buy this for me? And then I pick it up. Hahaha
I'm in Texas, so it would be a little far to pick up...lol
Are we sure that the Commifornia Patrol aren't monitoring this transmission?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still showing for me, as of now, a shipping charge of $21. Too bad I'm not ready to pull the trigger.
Based on rsmeanies email from Bam I’d be surprised if they let you check out for $21 shipping, I wouldn’t wait to long to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread