5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Y'all might want to check the local laws pertaining to parts designated "off road use only" for liability issues. If you are involved in an accident, and you have those parts installed, your *** might be hanging' out a mile if someone wants to take you to court.
Just a thought.
My BackCountry identifies as a GT so they can’t do anything about it.😬

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Y'all might want to check the local laws pertaining to parts designated "off road use only" for liability issues. If you are involved in an accident, and you have those parts installed, your *** might be hanging' out a mile if someone wants to take you to court.
Just a thought.
What universe are you from?
That's never going to happen and makes no sense.
Maybe if you have headlights that caused an accident and they are not DOT approved.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What universe are you from?
That's never going to happen and makes no sense.
Maybe if you have headlights that caused an accident and they are not DOT approved.
Or if your truck is jacked way up in the air, or you roll coal and cause an accident. I'm from the same universe you are, and it is full of lawyer's and people filing for hang nails. Do what you want, but didn't say you haven't been warned. You get hammered, blame yourself.
Oh, and by the way, "never say never". It'll bite you in the @$$ every time.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just a thought.
Interesting take. I'd agree completely for things like suspension or brake components, or wheels and tires. But I'm having difficulty seeing how having an intake made for off road use only would have any bearing on liability in the case of a traffic accident.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting take. I'd agree completely for things like suspension or brake components, or wheels and tires. But I'm having difficulty seeing how having an intake made for off road use only would have any bearing on liability in the case of a traffic accident.
It doesn't. Not sure why he thought his comment was pertinent to the topic being discussed

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We all know what happens when lawyers get involved. If you had a beer and some jerk blasts a stop sign, you will get investigated for impaired driving, and they'll make it your fault.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
We all know what happens when lawyers get involved. If you had a beer and some jerk blasts a stop sign, you will get investigated for impaired driving, and they'll make it your fault.
Correct, that's the law.
If you are intoxicated and in an accident you are at fault by default.
Just like the rear car is at fault by default in some states also.

You are talking about some stuff that doesn't make sense. After market parts don't cause accidents or have anything to do with it. Like not even close. Lawyers don't make up laws.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It doesn't. Not sure why he thought his comment was pertinent to the topic being discussed

Correct, that's the law.

You are talking about some stuff that doesn't make sense. After market parts don't cause accidents or have anything to do with it. Like not even close. Lawyers don't make up laws.
He's just trying to bait us, guys. It's not worth our time.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct, that's the law.

What has that got to do with it. Lawyers and juries decide who is liable and how much.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What has that got to do with it. Lawyers and juries decide who is liable and how much.
No lawyer or judge is going to blame an air cleaner for an accident. Suspension or brake changes, maybe.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I've had my Mopar intake on for about 1,000 miles or so now and I really like it. I like it more than the S&B (which was fine). Once I added a cat-back the sound really came alive and no matter what anyone says there's some gains, acceleration is definitely smoother/stronger and no it's not a placebo.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed mine over the weekend. It definitely opened the exhaust up and made louder. Actually sounds good, for OEM!

This weekend the Carven goes on, so lets see what happens. I also installed the Edge Pulsar, which works great. I've ran one previously on my 4th gen.

Thanks for the cheap entertainment of a few :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Halfpint81

Reaction score
Hello,
Has probably already answered but a lot of pages to go through, I ordered a new truck and have the Ram air intake on my old truck but the new truck comes with e-torque no choice now for a 2024, will it still fit?
Thank you

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
Has probably already answered but a lot of pages to go through, I ordered a new truck and have the Ram air intake on my old truck but the new truck comes with e-torque no choice now for a 2024, will it still fit?
Thank you
Yes, the RamAir will still fit the new truck

papjuice

Reaction score
So Am finally going to put a cold air intake along with cat back exhaust. Been looking at the oem one an I like the look but in the $850 range not sue I want to spend that. So I looked at the S&B that the guy on Truck Central uses. Also looked at the EFE one witch spec wise pretty good. Anyone want to give some advice. Also looking at doing shorty headers of some kind. The normal cracked manifold and 6 to 7 month wait. May also do the pedal commander. Not looking to get a ton of horespower. Just improver MPG and some performance. I have a 2020 Limited with a 5.7 gas and 4x4. I had the oem stuff on my 2019 Larime 2WD which was 2 truck ago and loved the sound and feel. Also didn't mind the 22 MPG on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread