5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Now I just need to find out some more about the actual filter. Think I will ask my dealer how it compares to the regular air filter for passing contaminants.
It's definitely going to filter less, and it's a ram air intake so it's going to push more of it in.

If you have bad air quality and are concerned don't get it.
I'm not really sure what is defined as bad air quality, as the air around me is normal. I guess if you get sandstorms and drive in them maybe.

Also make sure you keep your grill cleared of snow\ice in the winter months if you get snow where you are at.

esquare

Reaction score
It's definitely going to filter less, and it's a ram air intake so it's going to push more of it in.

I'm not really sure what is defined as bad air quality, as the air around me is normal. I guess if you get sandstorms and drive in them maybe.

Also make sure you keep your grill cleared of snow\ice in the winter months if you get snow where you are at.
Thanks for the input

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
COOnd

Considering they are factory installed on the GT models, I wouldn't be too concerned

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Now I just need to find out some more about the actual filter. Think I will ask my dealer how it compares to the regular air filter for passing contaminants.
I doubt most dealers would have any idea about that. If MOPAR sells it with their name on it, the filtering is fine. Like was mentioned, you can order it from the factory with the part. Most dealers will tell you whatever they think you want to hear. An honest dealer will tell you they don't know.

Like you, I was curious but couldn't find anything published on it. My guess is MOPAR engineers looked into it and were happy about it. Anyone else telling specifics probably is guessing at best...just like I am. :)

esquare

Reaction score
I doubt most dealers would have any idea about that. If MOPAR sells it with their name on it, the filtering is fine. Like was mentioned, you can order it from the factory with the part. Most dealers will tell you whatever they think you want to hear. An honest dealer will tell you they don't know.
Yep, they told me they didn't know so that was good.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I honestly think putting one on will be more than fine for the truck. I also dont believe there is any benefit other than looks and sound. If there was any kind of power benefit you bet Ram would have said so. With that being said, it is on my list of things to get. I would like to add the look and sound of a GT without the shifter console.

esquare

Reaction score
I honestly think putting one on will be more than fine for the truck. I also dont believe there is any benefit other than looks and sound. If there was any kind of power benefit you bet Ram would have said so. With that being said, it is on my list of things to get. I would like to add the look and sound of a GT without the shifter console.
Yeah, I have a Borla Touring Cat Back on order and will wait to see what I think after I get that installed, if it ever gets here.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It seems like a very high quality filter in the Ram AirFlow. I’m curious why you think it’s definitely going to filter less?🤔

It’s function is really no different than the stock air box. Just picking up the air slightly different. It’s still a closed air filtration system.

esquare

Reaction score
It seems like a very high quality filter in the Ram AirFlow. I’m curious why you think it’s definitely going to filter less?🤔

It’s function is really no different than the stock air box. Just picking up the air slightly different. It’s still a closed air filtration system.
My concerns stem from the filter being "High Flow" and dry. I don't know if they are getting the high flow from more surface area or a more pourous filter

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My concerns stem from the filter being "High Flow" and dry. I don't know if they are getting the high flow from more surface area or a more pourous filter
Likely more surface area. The filter is much larger than the stock filter I removed. Gotta flow better too since it’s not going through all the air box tubing. Direct to the engine now AB35F6AE-AE45-4403-94B1-AC30B60DECEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread