5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks Awesome What did you do to install it? Do you really need the sport hood?
I think the sport hood is required. Check with ram parts dept to be sure. Mine came with the sport hood. Took about 40 min total to install. Really easy. I also removed all the original plastic brackets from the pass side wheelwell. Looks soooo much cleaner.

Last edited:

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You notice any sound differences even with the borla?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Slightly louder under hood, but not much. Ram claims a performance increase, but probably negligible - they don’t post numbers… likely 5-6 HP… however, the looks alone when showing off the engine gives you a sense of pride as everyone I’ve shown it to loved it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I think the sport hood is required. Check with ram parts dept to be sure. Mine came with the sport hood. Took about 40 min total to install. Really easy. I also removed all the original plastic brackets from the pass side wheelwell. Looks soooo much cleaner.
Nope. Not required.

Cheers,

jgmac98

Reaction score
No discount about $1k. I paid $750 for mine. Replaces everything including the long shroud over the radiator. Very clean factory install. Some fresh pics today. View attachment 107500 View attachment 107501 View attachment 107502 View attachment 107503
Hopefully not too odd of a question... but how hard is it now to access the oil cap? I've just ordered a GT model that comes with this CAI but haven't seen one in person. All the pictures make it look like it covers the oil cap.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully not too odd of a question... but how hard is it now to access the oil cap? I've just ordered a GT model that comes with this CAI but haven't seen one in person. All the pictures make it look like it covers the oil cap.
You have to remove the air filter cover or lid to access the oil cap.

RAM_AIRFLOW_PATRIOT.png

Jimp1

Reaction score
Just for your info, my Laramie GT showed up with the wheels that are normally on a Laramie. If you like the ones it showed in the original pictures of the Laramie GT they will probably have to order them Part#82215261AB. About a month and a half ago they switched them without telling anyone. Good luck.

e55amg2

Reaction score
It is not required. I have had one of these on my 2019 Ram limited since Sept 2019 (outside of Andre from TFL trucks, I believe I was first to get one).

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
I have a 21 and put this air intake on and it’s not a issue. I’m trading my 21 in and keeping the air intake and will be selling it. My new GT arrived yesterday and I’m picking it up Friday.
If anyone is interested in buying my air intake, I’m selling it for $500 plus freight. Message me if interested.

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Just for your info, my Laramie GT showed up with the wheels that are normally on a Laramie. If you like the ones it showed in the original pictures of the Laramie GT they will probably have to order them Part#82215261AB. About a month and a half ago they switched them without telling anyone. Good luck.
My 22 Laramie GT showed up yesterday too. It has the identical wheels my 21 Laramie has. Both have the Knight option. I’m glad it has them and no more cheap Good Year rubber. But I’m curious, what wheels you’re talking about.

Last edited:

jgmac98

Reaction score
Thanks, I've got aftermarket Fuel Rims already that I'm going to use for my summer tires. I'm not to concerned with which rims I get as long as they are 20x9's as they will be used for my winters. The sprot package says it comes with 20" polished, black would be nicer, but not willing to pay extra for "winter" rims.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just joined the group by adding the Mopar CAI. All I can say it that I love it. It cleared up the engine bay and left a good spot to add an air compressor or a second battery down the road. I can agree with a few folks that say it does make the truck feel smooth when accelerating. I don't think I gained no crazy power or torque, but something just feels different in a good way. I might have to add my Borla muffler back on it when I come back from my 2500 mile trip to Aspen. Going to definitely put some miles on it and see how it performs.

Got pipe

Reaction score
I too installed one a few weeks back. I like the little bit of sound it gives under hard acceleration, and works with e-torque. Would be nice if it came with a replacement filter to install when cleaning it. The underhood looks alone are worth it. Don't know why they didn't just go this route from the factory🤔

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I too installed one a few weeks back. I like the little bit of sound it gives under hard acceleration, and works with e-torque. Would be nice if it came with a replacement filter to install when cleaning it. The underhood looks alone are worth it. Don't know why they didn't just go this route from the factory🤔
I do, because they know there's one born every minute. 😉

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It would add more💸to the already over inflated cost of the truck and provide little to nothing other than more cabin noise

Users who are viewing this thread