5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

moult001

Reaction score
OK, I'm going to be "that guy". Trying to decide between the Mopar and the Vararam. Anyone have stats or real life info to compare? Here's a link to the Vararam stuff that shows dyno numbers, etc.:

Vararam is no where near as sexy as the Mopar one, but price point is half and they are able to back up their tests whereas I haven't seen any hard numbers from Mopar. I think it is a valid point regarding not having to deal with warranty/dealership hassles in going with Mopar, but is that really an issue? Help please.....

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to be "that guy". Trying to decide between the Mopar and the Vararam. Anyone have stats or real life info to compare? Here's a link to the Vararam stuff that shows dyno numbers, etc.:

Vararam is no where near as sexy as the Mopar one, but price point is half and they are able to back up their tests whereas I haven't seen any hard numbers from Mopar. I think it is a valid point regarding not having to deal with warranty/dealership hassles in going with Mopar, but is that really an issue? Help please.....
And I'm going to be that guy, I'm sure there is some info within the 47 pages of this thread. I know it was mentioned somewhere. All intakes are basically the same, marginal gains performance wise, big gains in looks and sound.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It is not unheard of for dealers to give folks a hard time for powertrain warranty repairs with aftermarket intakes. Should they? No, but it happens fairly often (and I have personal experience with this when I owned a Charger Scat Pack). At least the the MOPAR one you wouldn't have that headache if that's a factor in your decision-making.

The designs are fairly similar and but gains are anecdotal from what I've seen. Also, no intake (as the only mod) is going to net you 30 hp in gains. Period.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looks ~ sound ~ no dealer issues... Ram air all the way 🥰

moult001

Reaction score
Great feedback - thanks all! Since I’m very much a “what if” kind of guy, I’m going with the Ram Air. Plus it’s just too damn good looking to pass up! It will only be the second mod - Pedal Commander being the first. At least I can get the PC off if I need to bring it In Vararam not so much. It should pair nicely until I get a better exhaust and really open things up.

jai91

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on any good deals currently running for this? Or had success negotiating a parts department down in price?

cclove

Reaction score

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After you pay for shipping you are very close to the MSRP from the dealer. If the package arrives damaged and it is a large box. You will have the hassle of return or refund.

It was worth the extra few bucks for me to support my local dealership and not have to accept any damaged goods.

RAMAIR_After_Side.png

cclove

Reaction score
After you pay for shipping you are very close to the MSRP from the dealer. If the package arrives damaged and it is a large box. You will have the hassle of return or refund.

It was worth the extra few bucks for me to support my local dealership and not have to accept any damaged goods.

View attachment 101772
I'll see if my local dealer will match the price...

bocco

Reaction score

I like this but it looks like you have to leave off the shroud over the radiator completely. Has anybody installed one of these?

It's not CARB compliant but I have 4.5 years until my first California smog test. I hope to be in a different state by then.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards vararam simply because I'm still looking at aftermarket hoods with functional scoop.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Non of these improves your hp more than maybe a couple, so it's all about noise and to feel like your cool because you spend a bunch of money on something that basically does nothing...

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Non of these improves your hp more than maybe a couple, so it's all about noise and to feel like your cool because you spend a bunch of money on something that basically does nothing...
Are you speaking from personal experience?

Users who are viewing this thread