5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

stepbill

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

We are still finishing up processing of orders (still have some customers who need to contact us back about addresses too ;)), but most of you should have received shipping emails for your catch cans and drain kits if you purchased those as well.

Thank you all for your orders and patience with the confusing emails and shipping! At this time I'm going to officially end the pre-sale and hand off this product to our very competent customer service team. They've been filled in on everything and should be able to help with anything you need. Their email address will be tied to this forum, so if you PM or tag us, they should respond shortly. For the fastest response, you can always call our customer service team at 1-877-466-4744 or +1-302-762-4501 (international).

Thanks again,
-Steve

Just wanted to say thanks Steve for all of the hard work in getting the orders out! Got my shipping notice today.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

We are still finishing up processing of orders (still have some customers who need to contact us back about addresses too ;)), but most of you should have received shipping emails for your catch cans and drain kits if you purchased those as well.

Thank you all for your orders and patience with the confusing emails and shipping! At this time I'm going to officially end the pre-sale and hand off this product to our very competent customer service team. They've been filled in on everything and should be able to help with anything you need. Their email address will be tied to this forum, so if you PM or tag us, they should respond shortly. For the fastest response, you can always call our customer service team at 1-877-466-4744 or +1-302-762-4501 (international).

Thanks again,
-Steve
Thanks Steve, Received my catch can today! now I have a project for the weekend! Cheers! Gray

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Got mine today too! :) I work the next 11 days so it's going to have to wait until later to go on :(

Charger68

Reaction score
Just had to cancel my order. Placed the order 3/6, received the petcock and hose, called today and was told backordered till june. Just a heads up, there's a 12% restock fee for the petcock. Nice

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had to cancel my order. Placed the order 3/6, received the petcock and hose, called today and was told backordered till june.
That's the scarey thing. I was told there would be enough. Ordered on Monday 3/19. Received out of stock email on Tues. Complained about it here on Wed. Steve responded to me here and then via messenger and finally after 24 hours said they were able to re-allocate them and i would get one. But - petcock went out yesterday and billed separately. Catch can is "supposed" to go before the weekend ends. I had to pay for it separately again yesterday, but I just checked, and no charge was put on my credit card yet, and it has now been over 24 hours. What's the real status @Mishimoto ? I am fearing I am in the same situation as @Charger68 , which is what I was concerned about the other day. In good faith, I took down my post where I called you out on this.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are cheaper options to use than the Mishimoto "petcock" hose kit. Just buy a valve on Amazon for $12 as I did and some 3/8" ID hose from a local parts store with a 3/8" NPT barb and a few small hose clamps and BAM...you're done.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would like to think they'll take good care of us so to file a dispute with your credit card is a bit extreme. Give them a chance to do the right thing. They cannot afford to **** off members on this forum who are the ones that will be buying their RAM kits.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just now I saw the charge on my credit card for the catch can. So we will see if arrives in a few days. If mine comes and I just ordered this week, @Charger68 you should definitely be getting yours. You ordered 2 weeks before I did. Will update everyone here as I am sure they may be a few if us in the same boat. Going to give them the bennefit if the doubt for sure... unless they show us otherwise.

Charger68

Reaction score
My credit card wasn't charged. Wonder why they told me it was backordered

SColang22

Reaction score
Ordered mine Wednesday and got a shipping notice today for both the catch can and the drain kit

stepbill

Reaction score
I'm probably just having a dumb moment but when you add the drain kit to the bottom of the catch can, what stops the oil from draining out? Does this have a lever to stop the flow and open it up when needed?

RBRK

Reaction score
So are these on backorder or not? I would like to order one but I’m reading conflicting info on availability.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@securityguy honestly, they only acted because of my comments here and still have not seen anything being shipped and it's been 4 days so somewhat pessimistic seems about right
and I feel bad for @Charger68. He ordered before all of us and has nothing. All I am saying is we'll see when we see. . . So we'll see. I am really hoping they come through though

Users who are viewing this thread