5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nvm. I called and was told only the drain kit shipped
See, something is still amiss here. That's what I see too, but they "say" the can is shipping too. They should have cleared up all of this by now, and worked hard at not allowing this to continue. All facts are pointing toward the actual cans not shipping as many of us feared. This is very poor PR for their business. I checked my order status again, and nothing.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the eBay can. I'll report back on quality once installed.

Some of these eBay cans have good quality...quality, typically, is not the issue. The issue is how they are designed to work. The Mishimoto cans are fully baffled and have a 50 micron bronze air filter to filter the air headed back into the intake. If you look at the pics and compare that to the cheaper cans you'll understand what I am talking about. These $50 eBay cans and the $100 BT cans are not designed this way and don't function nearly as well. If you are looking to save a few bucks, these eBay/Amazon cans aren't bad but they are nothing like the Mishi-designed cans...just sayin.

Mishi.jpg

gr8ridn

Reaction score
A lot of us have received our kits from Mishimoto so I don't understand the claim they haven't shipped. Sure the order size has been big so it might be the reason all the orders can't be filled until production catches up. I think the early orders have been completed and the last orders will require additional time. This is reasonable in my view.

I had the catch can kit from BT on a previous RAM. Looking at the Mishimoto design it is clearly superior. The BT was good, but I see a better design and function in Mishimoto offering. I am looking forward to installing this kit today.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of us have received our kits from Mishimoto so I don't understand the claim they haven't shipped. Sure the order size has been big so it might be the reason all the orders can't be filled until production catches up. I think the early orders have been completed and the last orders will require additional time. This is reasonable in my view.

I had the catch can kit from BT on a previous RAM. Looking at the Mishimoto design it is clearly superior. The BT was good, but I see a better design and function in Mishimoto offering. I am looking forward to installing this kit today.

The claim I was making that they haven't shipped is because they haven't shipped and it's been 5 days now. They guaranteed me 2 days ago they would ship but they still haven't. The day before that they guaranteed me it is not out of stock and would not be a problem. Later that night I got an email saying they were out of stock. So is these contradictions that simply are making me question it. As I said everybody can say everything they want but the proof is what actually happens. Still holding my breath that it will ship. I'm sure you can understand my reason for questioning because what they're saying and what's happening are not the same. and it's interesting how they've already charged me $200 for the items but have not processed the order. Usually they companies charge and process within 24 hours.

Charger68

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the card would be charged when it ships. That's what happened with the petcock kit

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My mistake, my card was not charged. Which means it did not ship, which they said it would. This was 3 days ago now. It was the petcock that shipped - which will be useless without the can.

Charger68

Reaction score
My mistake, my card was not charged. Which means it did not ship, which they said it would. This was 3 days ago now. It was the petcock that shipped - which will be useless without the can.
Sounds like your in the same boat as me. They want 12% to return the valve and hose.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like your in the same boat as me. They want 12% to return the valve and hose.
That's ridiculous. Tell them you want a 15% on late delivery and/or false advertising then.

So if they us everything is in stock and we'll get it. But then we only get the petcock and hose (which is useless except for drinking a Slurpee) it'll cost me 15% to return it. Or, we have to wait 3 months for something they said was in stock. It's interesting how they've gone silent on here now.

FYI - they have a Facebook account too.

Charger68

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Tell them you want a 15% on late delivery and/or false advertising then.

So if they us everything is in stock and we'll get it. But then we only get the petcock and hose (which is useless except for drinking a Slurpee) it'll cost me 15% to return it. Or, we have to wait 3 months for something they said was in stock.
If you do the math, 5 dollar restock fee, 15 to return ship plus time and effort, it's not worth shipping it back

Charger68

Reaction score
I was getting ready to put one of these on all my iron. Their loss

Last edited:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my hose and petcock is scheduled for delivery Thursday My invoice says my catch can was ordered and shipped but no tracking information on it. So if nothing gets sent to me by Thursday I'm going to refuse delivery and they'll have to cover the cost back

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Charger68 If you did not open the shipping package yet you can just write return to sender and put it back in your mailbox and they'll send it back no charge and they'll have to restock it themselves because you refuse their order and never accepted it

Charger68

Reaction score
@Charger68 If you did not open the shipping package yet you can just write return to sender and put it back in your mailbox and they'll send it back no charge and they'll have to restock it themselves because you refuse their order and never accepted it
Too late, opened, unpacked, definately not worth 35. Thanks for the tip

Max Limited

Reaction score
Received mine, installed and working great. They even have a video for our truck if you have never installed an OCC.
Thanks Mishimoto!

Users who are viewing this thread